Sign in to follow this  
BigManInTheBarclay

Cyrille Regis Tribute

Disappointing that the PL/EFL haven''t arranged something.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-5285927/Premier-League-blasted-lack-Cyrille-Regis-tribute.html

Here''s hoping we can have a minutes applause before the game tomorrow

Some grounds have applause organised although nothing mentioned at Norwich. I think a minutes silence would be better.

It might be appropriate but a minutes applause on the 24th minute could be an idea. I think this was when he scored the goal of the season against us.

Great man he may have been, he has no direct link to NCFC (other than ''that'' goal against us) so I don''t think silence/applause is warranted. I do feel we are beginning to get a bit too caught up in these things, and where you draw the line.

Brentford actually have a good idea on this - each year in early January they have an allocated match at which they have a minutes applause in memory of players/fans who have passed away in the preceding 12 months. I think this works well.

[quote user="Branston Pickle"]Great man he may have been, he has no direct link to NCFC[/quote]Quite. The club didn''t even have a minutes silence/applause for our own Albert Bennett who passed away just over a year ago, so why would they do it with someone with no club connections?What next, applause for Ipswich''s Ted Phillips because he scored several against us?

@Lappin

Regis is clearly a bit of a different case as a trailblazer for black footballers.

That being said I''m not sure there is any sense in us holding a minutes applause to mark the minute he scored against us.

You''ll upset Paul if we don''t get a remebrance of some sort. I don''t think he can wait until November.

[quote user="Herman"]You''ll upset Paul if we don''t get a remebrance of some sort. I don''t think he can wait until November.[/quote]I don''t remember Paul asking for a minutes silence for Albert.

I agree he has no connection to the club, but also agree his impact for black players was immense.

Perhaps the club could put up a pic / tribute on the big screen (don''t like seeing goals against us, but it was some goal!) and do a short announcement at 10 to 3, before the teams come out & most fans are in the stadium - concluding with an invite to applaud his contribution to English football.

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Herman"]You''ll upset Paul if we don''t get a remebrance of some sort. I don''t think he can wait until November.[/quote]I don''t remember Paul asking for a minutes silence for Albert.[/quote]No,I can''t remember him asking for one. Shame on Paul.

I remember that goal so well. What a player. I agree that there are getting to be too many 1 minutes applause. What a good idea to have a Saturday set aside to remember all those connected to the club.

However I will still be taking a moment to remember that goal.

Cyrille Regis truly a great footballer. R.I.P