Sign in to follow this  
king canary

Watkins- Farke not happy

According to Paddy Davitt he wasn''t involved at Chelsea as Farke is ''not happy with his performances or training'' and ''has to work harder.''

Been a hugely underwhelming signing so far it must be said.

I get the feeling there''s a bit of a gulf between what DF expects from young British pro footballers and what they deliver, in terms of focus and effort at training, professionalism both on and off the pitch etc. etc. It takes an incredible level of fitness and application for a team to perform how ours did for over 2 hours on Wednesday.

But at least the club is doing something about these issues now. We saw it earlier in the season with Oliveria''s tantrum at Fulham, an issue with Murphy and Franke hasn''t worked out so he''s been moved out on loan rather than sit around stealing a wage.

So far, I like the way the new regime deals with things. Can''t help but think we wouldn''t have had Lafferty sitting around doing nothing under this coach.

Jerome was also open in saying hes not a fan of being in training every day running 10-12km every day (in his interview on the home page).

Attitude is a big thing for Farke and now Norwich, he''d rather have a Zimmerman type than someone not willing to give it their all

It’s also what we as fans want........we’ve had to many years of Costa del Colney so it’s great that they are being made to earn their money

They get paid well and they certainly do a 9-5 (or whatever the standard is at each company.

Plus they are privileged to be earning a living out of playing football, something I suspect a lot of would have loved to have done.

I wouldn''t be too impressed with what Watkins has delivered thus far either if I were Farke. Below average and better was expected. He''s had a fair few opportunities without much product. Possibly counterproductive to broadcast dissatisfaction publicly though. Saying that, I trust DF''s judgement.

[quote user="jeagle"]Jerome was also open in saying hes not a fan of being in training every day running 10-12km every day (in his interview on the home page).

Attitude is a big thing for Farke and now Norwich, he''d rather have a Zimmerman type than someone not willing to give it their all[/quote]

Running 10-12km every day is excessive! If this is true, it will go someway to explaining the high number of injuries.

Never saw the point of signing him unless it was to replace Naismith. His record from before was hardly amazing and we needed strikers and had midfielders so yeah a forward without a great goal record.

Lincoln - he says about it here...

jerome-hopes-farke-s-work-pays-off-for-city-after-joining-derby-1-5361208

It may be the way they do things in Germany? But it''s certainly a culture shock for a young British player - and will test their attitude

Sorry awful link!

http://www.pinkun.com/norwich-city/jerome-hopes-farke-s-work-pays-off-for-city-after-joining-derby-1-5361208

May not be clicky tho

Interesting that Cam says of us, "They''re not going to get promoted and they''re not going to get relegated this year"...Do we think this is the message coming from the management/coaching team? That they don''t expect to get into play-offs? I agree with others who say that the 6 point gap would be difficult to overcome now, but we have been in good form and are third in the form table. It''s still possible... Isn''t it?

10-12km a day is crazy distance, that nearly 50 mile a week.. more accustomed to professional running athletes.

I''d assume that part of this 10-12km is done at high intensity too. Bodies will break down with this sort of activity. Honestly can''t see the point in making professional footballers train to these sorts of distances regularly. Their over training, fitness will drop and injuries occur.

I watched this the other day. I may be wrong, but I don''t think Cam actually says they do a long distance run, more that the training is so intense they probably cover that distance?

Also, I''m guessing they don''t train in this way for 5 days a week...

[quote user="Ian"]I watched this the other day. I may be wrong, but I don''t think Cam actually says they do a long distance run, more that the training is so intense they probably cover that distance?[/quote]

Covering a distance of 10-12km with High intensity training drills, is much harder and more demanding than a long run of the same distance.

Wonder why we scored late on against Chelsea? Didn''t we also use to score quite a few late goals under Lambert? Guessing he founded Costa del Colney...

[quote user="lincoln canary"][quote user="SwindonCanary"]As an ex-distance runner 10-12km a day is not excessive[/quote]

It is for a Pro Footballer![/quote]Are you really saying this guy doesn''t know what he''s doing lincoln........Norwich City Head of Sports Science Chris Domogalla moved to Carrow Road from Borussia Dortmund II ahead of the 2017-18 season.Previously

working with Head Coach Daniel Farke at the German giants, Domogalla

oversees all aspects of sports science and fitness.
I would say he''s studied, passed exams, qualified and gained experience. Good enough for Borussia Dortmund to employ him.But your view is he''s got it wrong?

[quote user="BobLoz3"]Interesting that Cam says of us, "They''re not going to get promoted and they''re not going to get relegated this year"...Do we think this is the message coming from the management/coaching team? That they don''t expect to get into play-offs? I agree with others who say that the 6 point gap would be difficult to overcome now, but we have been in good form and are third in the form table. It''s still possible... Isn''t it?[/quote]Historically playoffs is 75+ points, and last year Fulham took 6th with an exceptionally high 80 points.We''ve got 37 points from 27 games, meaning we''d need 38-43 from the remaining 19. So it''s not physically impossible, but needing to win 13 or 14 games out of the final 19 is highly improbable.

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="lincoln canary"][quote user="SwindonCanary"]As an ex-distance runner 10-12km a day is not excessive[/quote]

It is for a Pro Footballer![/quote]Are you really saying this guy doesn''t know what he''s doing lincoln........Norwich City Head of Sports Science Chris Domogalla moved to Carrow Road from Borussia Dortmund II ahead of the 2017-18 season.Previously

working with Head Coach Daniel Farke at the German giants, Domogalla

oversees all aspects of sports science and fitness.
I would say he''s studied, passed exams, qualified and gained experience. Good enough for Borussia Dortmund to employ him.But your view is he''s got it wrong?[/quote]
This is Lincoln you''re talking about. If he''s not lying, he''s watching Reading.

[quote user="hogesar"]This is Lincoln you''re talking about. If he''s not lying, he''s watching Reading.[/quote]I doubt he''s had time to watch Reading since he went full time on here. [;)]

I suspect the intensity with which German footballers train is what makes them so good. Shame if that has to be explained to Marley.

A fit player is still better than an unfit one, even if it''s Marley Watkins...

He came to us with a reputation that he had exceptional work rate that made him better than his technique would show after he had a good year at Barnsley. There''s only really been the Boro game and the odd other one that he''s shown that, I suspect he''s dropped off a bit recently, perhaps finding it tough. Hopefully he''ll drag himself back into things now Pritchard, Yanic and Jerome have left and his route to the team is a bit easier but it''s a good thing that the standards are high.

The right attacking mid spot is anyones to claim at the moment.

Capt. Pants wrote the following post at 19/01/2018 7:18 PM:

The problem with Marley and why he doesn''t get selected is nothing to do with his fitness.

Agreed, but it might have something to do with disciplin and a willingness and ability to follow instructions. All good German attributes.

Cam was talking overall distance if you play in practice matches if a gentle jog etc you soon get the km''s up

i am sure like others have said the medical and fitness staff know exactly what is needed and when to train and push a little harder

i think our players are used to shopping in the afternoon and golf instead of working good to see as long as they get rest when needed

If I had to I could run 12km a day and I basically work 10-12 hour days. If I was working for 4 hours a day and earning £10k a week, I''d probably be able to run for longer.

[quote user="Clint"]If I had to I could run 12km a day and I basically work 10-12 hour days. If I was working for 4 hours a day and earning £10k a week, I''d probably be able to run for longer.[/quote]

Maybe so Clint. But I gurantee your fitness would soon plateau and start to go down hill without the required rest and recovery, that’s if you didn’t injure yourself first.

And as I said, running 10km isn’t as tough as high intensity activities totalling to the same distance.

I’m sure our fitness team/coaches do know what they are doing. But it’s certainly got its critics from within the squad, and there’s no doubting our injuries have piled up this season.