Sign in to follow this  
Samwam27

Afobe

Not linked to him, Sun are quoting Bournemouth are happy to sell striker Benik Afobe this month but want to get back the £10m they paid Wolves to sign the 24-year-old two years ago.

Would you fancy him here as he was previously linked, although price likely a problem (unless we sell NO and make him direct replacement)?

I''d love him here as a player - he''s a cracking striker and a really good age. He''s quick, strong, big, good in the air and very direct. He can score from anywhere and runs at players like Yanic did, except he only has one thing in his mind when he puts his head down and charges - get in a shooting position.
Obviously not just the fee but also the wages would be a huge problem with us - but he is exactly the type of striker we should be looking for. I think he''d be immense in our system. Our midfield don''t provide enough support to the striker at the moment, and Afobe to some extent negates that because he''s very selfish, but far more direct and less prone to wandering out onto the wings than Nelson and Cam. He doesn''t need players to support - he''s happiest when he gets the ball and he can do his thing.
As I say, fee and wages mean he''s almost certainly unobtainable for us, but exactly the mould we should be looking for to replace Cam.

Did well for Wolves but not for Bournemouth.

So its a 50-50 chance.

It would be worth £10M if it got you to the top. Players at the club have to realise that there cannot always be pay structure that means if a star comes in then their wages rise also. Just as high fliers in the City get paid for results then so do privileged footballers.

It would be a gamble at best. The Championship would be better for him and he might well suit our tactics.

I think in all probability, we will be avoiding high value players.

All day every day. Afobe is class as Championship level and if he was our only singing I would take it and would be ok with Nelson leaving to fund it

His salary demands would be far higher than that of our new structure, not to mention the fee involved. Would be a very good signing at this level though

I reckon we''ll identify a similar sort of frontman but without the experience,price tag or wages. Can''t see the principles that we have adopted since SW/DF arrived being abandoned. A well scouted , less expensive option will offer less financial risk to the Club.Afobe would, at 10 Mill, have to propel us  and keep us in the prem to be value, even then would he have a resale value in excess of 10 mill? not good business on our new budget methinketh.