Sign in to follow this  
Making Plans

Match thread v Sheff Utd

Gunn; Hanley, Zimmermann, Klose; Pinto (c), Tettey, Vrancic, Lewis; Maddison; Oliveira, Murphy. Subs - McGovern (GK), Husband, Raggett, Reed, Stiepermann, Cantwell, Hoolahan.

Essentially the same side. Good for continuity but lets hope they''ve got the legs. Really hope after earlier in the season we give Sheff Utd a tonking today. Morale should be high despite the result after Chelsea

I thought Reed was outstanding Wednesday. He has more movement than Vrancic but Vrancic is a better passer.

[quote user="Making Plans"]If, after Weds nights performance, there''s no atmosphere today then there''s someting wrong[/quote]

Was just thinking the same thing, MP 👍

Hope the lads get the reception they deserve when they run out on to the pitch, I guarantee it’ll give them all a shot in the arm. OTBC!

Was just reading the name James Wilson when his name pops up in my Twitter notifications. Long way to go yet, sometimes scoring too early isn’t always for the best...

United are playing some superb football, largely one way traffic

Back to the old slow build up and no support I''m afraid.

Why?

Sheffield United have got it easy.

[quote user="Kanadyan Kanary"]Dare I say it; we are missing Vrancic''s passing range in the middle of the park.[/quote][Y]

I think we ought to dispose with the two man defensive setup and bring Wes on.

And pick the bloomin pace up. So many slow slow passes. United don''t have to do more than jog back.

Second best by some distance, lucky to still be in the game

Second best yes, but lucky to be in the game, No - they''ve been better than us but Gunn''s only had a few shots to bother him. Annoying thing is that it was a poor corner to concede by Lewis which led to the goal. We can only hope Farke gets us going for the second half - as has happened a lot (far too often) here this season