Sign in to follow this  
Disco Dales Tash

WE WON!!

Sounded like an excellent first half and an average second half BUT a sound victory, another goal for Deano, lots of good performances throughout the team (Marney, Safri - as usual, Colin, McVeigh, Ashton, EVEN FLEMING!!!). On the ball City!

Firstly, its great to be celebrating 3 points again so this is one of the best weekends for a while. I thought our attack was deadly and i loved the passing play. Top quality there.

however, my one concern is the defence. There were some very dodgy moments at the back and i think if plymouth had of had a bit more luck they could have grabbed one or two goals. I see why Worthy is going for pearce and i am hoping we manage to get him in.

The players who impressed me most today were:

McVeigh - lively, fast and wasnt afraid to go at players. I feel the credit is due to him for the first goal, a great bit of individual magic.
Safri - as always, great passing, great tackles and commanded the midfield
Ashton - has to be the best player i have ever seen in yellow
Shackell - Kept up his high standard
Brennan - as above
Colin - looked a lot better than last monday, got forward well and put in some decent crosses.

Im still not sure about Marney, he seems to lose possesion quite a lot and wastes a few crosses and corners. Fleming needed to take control of the defence at times too. Other than that i think it was quite a good performance but if we are to carry on this form we need to get the defence a bit more solid

Most importantly now i feel is that we have got the confidence back. If we can keep it going at Watford then we should be in a good position for the derby.

16th at the moment so im quite pleased.

let''s start winning a few games before we worry about how good it looks

overall a competent performance i thought rather than outstanding..

we still need to sort out our defending at corners tho..we are dire and no one seems to want to attack the ball at headers letting the opposition queue up for a chance. Maybe thats why he wants Pearce in..

Safri was excellent as was Hughes in patches.

McVeigh did ok and Deano could and maybe should have had a hat trick...bring on Watford

Firstly I agree great news to win and some times the win is more important than the performance (today an example)  I am not sure how our forwards can be described as deadly? There is a lot we need to work on and I thought the second half was poor, we did not create anything, gave possession away to quickly, looked fragile as egg shells in defence and did not build on a reasonably good first half performance.   Against a better side we will not win games playing like this. Lets face it Plymouth must be the worst side in the division on current form.

We still lacked a killer instinct and seemed to lose our way....a win and I am very happy, I hope it gets our season back on track and its a step in the right direction but I have not seen enough to be convinced and still think we need lots of work in the defence on the training ground!

Lets enjoy the win but dont get carried away, overall I would give 5 out of 10 for todays performance

OTBC

St.John

Have we turned the corner, is the manager''s job safe?The first half saw a good performance, and for once we seemed to have a midfield. This is great. BUT THE SECOND HALF? A better team would have punished us. Plymouth have now lost how many consecutive games, is it five? As an attacking force they were poor.We shall know when we have turned the corner, - when we keep clean sheets and beat much better teams. It''s great to have the win, and there were some good performances from many in the team, but we could have been punished in the second half. Watford (Malky) and Piswich will be the time to show that this is for real and that things really are on the up!

[quote]Still want Worthy out?[/quote]

get in!!!!!!

but i have to say one game does not convince me, one win is nothing, three wins in a row is something, he hasnt done the job yet, its the start of the turning point, but we have to follow it through.

on the other hand...... Great game today, well played paul mcveigh! Its great to see him in the side, he looked good and really the whole team looked good today, defence abit shakey at times

ive got high expectations for lisbie, he looked very sharp when he came on, scored... unfourtuantly was offside but hes going to be a good signing..... pity its only a month

well done today lads!

Although we could easily have let a couple of goals in today I have to say that after weeks of moaning I was impressed with City.

The movement was excellent and the passing was very good (very few wayward passes - England take note). We kept possession and did the basics very well. Marney is settling in and looks a bit special. Safri was a real force and it was nice to see McVeigh playing, and playing well.

Most of all I was pleased that the players worked hard and showed some desire, oh and the 3 points of course.