Sign in to follow this  
Jezzard

Why is anyone impressed with Webber and Farke?

[quote user="Hoola Han Solo"]You can blame our incompetent board for this mess we’re in. I’d be over the moon if Delia sold up to some owners with a bit of ambition and drive, and most importantly, cold hard cash. The English game is all about money now, whether people like it or not.[/quote]Quite so Hoola...money..the financial issue..absolutely correct. And our incompetent board, without  any sugar daddy rich investers, have put us in a position...financially...of 2nd best in the entire Championship...at least 5 clubs in this division have real debts of over 100 million. Long may they stay this incompetent.

We are in a period of transition due to various cock ups the club has made in recent years, Webber and Farke are essentially working with hands tied behind their backs due to all the wages having to be shed and funds generated through sales. They have made mistakes but generally I''d say they are doing a pretty decent job so far.

Essentially though we won''t really be able to properly label the job they have done good or bad for several months yet.

I like Farke and think he’s a good coach although he’s still not worked out out to play at home.

Jury is out on Webber but I don’t like the way he’s left certain areas of the squad unacceptably thin.

I mean ignoring the rest of the OP id like to point out Vrancic is one of our better players.

[quote user="Cantiaci Canary"]Why am I impressed?

They inherited an ageing squad we can''t afford any more because we lack a billionaire owner and haven''t bounced back to the big time like last time.

They have a plan to get us back to the top tier and KEEP us there by planting and nurturing a new philosophy.

They are managing to both inbed this new philosophy AND prune the squad down to something affordable.

They are innovative, intelligent and hungry.

They have allowed us to fall back in love with our players and be proud of their efforts again.

Maddison. Lewis. Cantwell.

If you believe that Rome was built in a day go and support Wolves ... you''ll be happier - for a while.[/quote]

Good post!

The expensive flop that is Naismith was a mistake from a former manager that is still hindering us now!

Other big wage earners were always going to be eased out, that was enevitable!

That said I''ve said all season we HAD the squad to have a serious go at getting in the top 6 but Farkes stifling tactic haven''t helped!

Farkes indifference with players like Jerome and Wildshut is made even more apparent now both players have joined clubs who will almost definitely be in the top 6 at least come the end of the season!

But we are where we are at present so we''ve just got bide our time and hope the "project" works out in the end and others are right to say Rome wasn''t built in a day!

The other "camp" have said, this weren''t the season to gamble on foreigners who''ve never played here before!

Uncertain times!