Sign in to follow this  
Punctured Bicycle on a hillside desolate

How on earth can we only have 1 senior striker

unbelievable way to run a professional football club, especially when you take into account that, that striker is struggling in this set up

Watkins hasnt lived up to his potential from last season. Farke has gone public on him this week, perhaps to name and shame him into better output.

Cam Jam wages are now of the books ,for a decent fee.

Must have someone line up as replacement this week, Nelson simply cant do it alone until the end of season.

Newcastle had six strikers on their books last season. Even if you are going to play one up front all the time you need to have three or four. We have been woefully short of firepower for such a long time now. We''ve had a string of failures and journeymen since we sold Grant Holt. We needed to sign a couple of strikers before we let Jerome go. It''s embarrassing.

No real point in signing a loan player now as the season is effectively over. Any strikers we sign need to be permanent so they can bed in now ready for next season

We had this debate earlier in the season. No striker who values time playing was going to come here to be third choice behind Nelson and Cam.

Plus it only takes a moments thought to realise it’s a lot easier to sign players if we have the budget. Now Russ, Cam and Naismith are gone, for this season at least, we have some resources to spend. Gambling on more players while we’re unsure what wages we will be liable for would be reckless.

Rogue Baboon wrote the following post at 20/01/2018 5:39 PM:

1 striker. 1 right back. 1 winger.

That is a joke for a Championship club

Yep. You hear a lot about how we’re in ‘transition’ but that isn’t transition, it’s incompetence.

We haven’t even got one striker. Oliveira just wanders around with his hands on his hips moaning! If we could get even a couple of million for him we should get rid!

Tinpot owners, clueless board. Although we could have Shearer in his prime upfront and still not score the way Farke sets out to play. Woeful from top to bottom.

We had this debate earlier in the season. No striker who values time playing was going to come here to be third choice behind Nelson and Cam.

Plus it only takes a moments thought to realise it’s a lot easier to sign players if we have the budget. Now Russ, Cam and Naismith are gone, for this season at least, we have some resources to spend. Gambling on more players while we’re unsure what wages we will be liable for would be reckless.

Sorry, I don''t see how we are that drastically in financial trouble that we couldn''t have a striker lined up before Cam left.

We saved a bundle on the backroom staff months ago.

Any strikers that we’re potentially interested in will surely be encouraged that we only have one senior striker at this point, as I’m sure they’ll see they have an excellent chance of starting games if they join NCFC. Unlike the Callum Wilson situation a few seasons back.

Nuff Said wrote the following post at 20/01/2018 5:39 PM:

So no club has ever had a player lined up to sign on the dotted line as one leaves before

Ladies and Gentleman, I give you Stuart Webber.

Today is a result of too many player exits in such a short space of time, with no adequate replacements. This has left todays squad short and therefore uncompetitive.

It’s also the result of the clubs decison to right this season off already. A decision most on here were happy with on Thursday.

[quote user="lincoln canary Golden Coppel"]Ladies and Gentleman, I give you Stuart Webber.

Today is a result of too many player exits in such a short space of time, with no adequate replacements. This has left todays squad short and therefore uncompetitive.

It’s also the result of the clubs decison to right this season off already. A decision most on here were happy with on Thursday.[/quote]

[Y]

"It’s also the result of the clubs decison to right this season off already. A decision most on here were happy with on Thursday."

It''s write not right.

[quote user="BroadstairsR"]"It’s also the result of the clubs decison to right this season off already. A decision most on here were happy with on Thursday."

It''s write not right.[/quote]Thas ryte.

Agree with Lincoln, what a fantastic way to encourage your supporters ... "oh we don''t care about this season anymore, just come to CR and watch us serve up cr@p" only one striker? Oh please don''t bother, we don''t have ambition anyway..."

I think it''s unacceptable to just have one striker and one rb on the books . Just like I think the way of communication towards fans is terrible.

Why do we need a winger? Mobile pacy attacking midfielders like Josh, or high energy wing backs absolutely but I dont see the need or place for wingers in this systems.

Strikers are a must though.

[quote user="Zimmers Left Foot"]Why do we need a winger? Mobile pacy attacking midfielders like Josh, or high energy wing backs absolutely but I dont see the need or place for wingers in this systems.

Strikers are a must though.[/quote]I agree with this. It is bizarre that we couldn''t get a striker in before Cam left, though. I would be very surprised if we didn''t have a new striker by next Saturday. We certainly look better playing three at the back.

i would rather play a under 23 player than a loan

we have nothing to gain from bedding in other teams players now

ok if you are fighting to go up and gives you that extra push but not now rather see our signings or young players played

Why do we need wingers?

Because, believe it or not, it’s useful to have options instead of like for like changes all the time. If you keep doing the same thing you will get the same results - our home form is the perfect example of this

But not with NO up front. He''s not a box type player, and he''s rarely lurking in and around the 6 yard box.

He''s more of a make it happen type player, on the edge of the area, and that, to be fair is his strength.

Even with wingers they have nothing to aim at the way we currently play and with NO up front!