Sign in to follow this  
daly

Season Ticket Price announced

I will renew however I feel as we are now going into what will most likely be our third straight season in the Championship they should have been lowered to reflect this. I don''t know as I haven''t done extensive research but I would assume we are one of if not the most expensive season tickets in the league.

I can’t believe anyone is happy with a price freeze? Were you expecting prices to rise?

With attendances dropping and casual ticket prices dropping, a season ticket isn’t value for money anymore. I mean what are the perks now really? Casual tickets readily available, miss one game and you’ve probably nullified any financial gain of a ST.

Convenient if you can commit to attending every single game, but unfortunately I have to miss 4 or 5 every season.

Think it’s probably the time to give my beloved season ticket up.

[quote user="STAN"]I can’t believe anyone is happy with a price freeze? Were you expecting prices to rise?

With attendances dropping and casual ticket prices dropping, a season ticket isn’t value for money anymore. I mean what are the perks now really? Casual tickets readily available, miss one game and you’ve probably nullified any financial gain of a ST.

Convenient if you can commit to attending every single game, but unfortunately I have to miss 4 or 5 every season.

Think it’s probably the time to give my beloved season ticket up.[/quote]I''d be interested to know the total cost of a casual ticket for every single home game this season combined, and how that compares to the £500 we pay up front for our season tickets.

@feedthewolf

I bet is very close as a lot of games have been less than the average ticket cost with a season ticket. If results don’t improve and attendances drop the natural thing to do is charge less for casual tickets, which means the gap between season tickets and casual tickets narrows further

At the minute I guess if you miss just 1 or 2 games it works out cheaper to buy casual tickets

A drop was never on the cards, prices simply don’t ever come down anymore

I did the research last season, continuing this year

for last season

For the south stand (where generally casual tickets are available)

£669 for non members adults (ave £29.08)

£623 + £20 for membership adults (ave £27.95)

first season ticket renewal £510 (ave £22.19)

new season ticket after last buying period - £596 (ave 25.91)

now there were some games where as my son went to half term soccer schools I was offer £15 adult tickets so i could have saved an addition £60.

if your interested in the cost of going to the away games it would have cost £591 for those tickets

As for this Season of the 14 games (including Sheff Utd) the average price per game is £25 for non member, £23.14 for a member.

Renewal plopped on the door mat this morning.As mentioned and expected all prices have been frozen and they''ve wisely decided not to rattle the begging bowl for Colney donations. Not a mention anywhere.There are 15,000 direct debit payers at present so that''s clearly a good selling ploy and works well.With the team showing an uplift in fortunes the bean counters will be keen for that to continue....

Just gone through the advertised adult ticket prices on the official site and found only two games this season that have been priced for casuals under the season ticket match average (Burton & the Christmas special, Brentford).

2017/18 season ticket match average: £21.72

2017/18 casual ticket average (first 16 games): £24.06*

However, the gap between season and casual tickets seems to be narrowing. If that casual ticket average remains the same for the rest of the season, a season ticket holder would make a saving of £53.94 on Championship matches.

*Doesn''t include the carriage and web fees, which most would incur.

Also got to factor the booking fee, cost of phone call ( if you live outside the city ) , good to have the same, favourite seat every time, getting to know the fans around you and the hassle. If you go to most games ST IS THE ONE TO HAVE.

Due to my location I usually can''t make evening games so it stops being worth it once you''ve factored that in.

Part of me wonders if not renewing might help me get some of the excitement back- perhaps I''ve got spoiled going to most games for the last 12-13 seasons and making it a bit rarer might make it more fun again.

‘Legend Iwan’s’ figures say it all...

If you miss 1 or 2 games there’s no real perk to a season ticket other than convenience.

No troubles getting tickets, and as I said previously I miss 4 or 5 games every season meaning i’ll probably save money.

It’s almost a no brainer sadly.

I''m as the norm renewing, and will as usual waste the rest of my disposable income on ''Wine, wimmin and song........If they''d had the sheer audacity to raise the price for 2018/19.......I''d have to have restricted it to just wine and wimmin.......and drop the song.......

What would be quite an interesting stat is how many adult season ticket holder we have? essentially a seat in the stadium is just a seat but depending of the age of the person sitting on that seat is what the value is to the club. i would say that if there is a high percentage of child/65+ season ticket holders, this would have an impact on the club dropping the price.

I really don’t know why the 18-21 age group get their tickets half price, they’ve probably got more disposable income than I have !

Did anyone really think the current board would have the Balls to try any increase in ticket prices?

Buying casual tickets, through membership admitted, has been easy, it’s also nice to watch the four previous games away from the lower Barclay where half the game consists of chave types trying to fight with stewards about standing! The best laugh was the three in front me used to be on their phones all game! Gambling instead of watching the game........south stand today! Might even be sitting next to one of you who knows?

Anyone know what has happened to the Academy extra? I''ve had a small monthly decrease because it''s not on the price this year. Has it gone altogether or is it an admin error on my ticket? Run its course maybe?

A friend I know asked about the £1 Academy donation per game which gives you a chance of winning back the cost of your ST every game. She was told that it was to much hassle so was being dropped!

Clever ploy by the club combined with the price freeze means that the substantial number of ST holders who gave the Academy donation now have a slight reduction on their ST''s!

they now have a new way to pay for the academy, they setup various FDC centres, tell parents there son or daughter is the next best thing, then sting them for essentially paying for the whole thing, charging over £100 for kit and £350 for weekly training, they have 100s of kids in these schemes.

After having a S/T for over 25 years I''ve decided not to review.

Not because of price & not because of time issues as I''m soon to take very early retirement.

I never ever thought I would lose the buzz of going to Carrow Rd but there have been times this season (and last) when in the sterile atmosphere & with tepid football I''ve just become bored.

We have had worse times under Roder & Hamilton but I''ve just lost the fun element !

Plus having recently sat opposite Delia on the train and listening to her views she certainly has no intentions of reviewing the "self funding model" which is becoming IMO so difficult to operate in a "money fuelled" sport.

I still plan to support the team & attend on a casual basis and if the excitement and quality of football returns (not necessarily successful) I''m confident it will be possible to pick up a S/T during the season. We could even see a return of the "half a season" S/Ts next season !

[quote user="Common Sense"]

Plus having recently sat opposite Delia on the train and listening to her views she certainly has no intentions of reviewing the "self funding model" which is becoming IMO so difficult to operate in a "money fuelled" sport. [/quote]That is why whatever miracles Webber and Farke achieve it will be in spite of Delia and the rest of the board and not because of any financial support they get.

[quote user="Indy"].....The best laugh was the three in front me used to be on their phones all game! Gambling instead of watching the game........[/quote]Multi-tasking is where it''s at.......everything else is so last century [:D]( besides the way we''ve been playing at Carrow Rd who wants to watch ? [;)] )