Sign in to follow this  
Samwam27

Are we playing to players strengths

Love or hate Nelson, he''s not and never will be a lone striker. His strength is making things happen on edge of the area. He''s not a box or goal poacher.

So for all Farke''s plans, IF we stick with current personnel, I can''t see us scoring many goals rest of season. It''s a real problem anyway, and we have to change the system to create more goals.

IF we get Hernandez, I can''t quite see where he''ll fit in, and even if he does, what''s the point of a winger getting crosses into the box, when we don''t posses the type of striker who looks to get on the end of them.

NO plays best of another striker, but can''t see us changing to two up front (heck we can''t even play two up front), or we need to replace NO with the type of player to fit into this system.

No he is not, is the simple answer. I can see what he is trying to do, but it stinks - most of the time.

However, he is a consolidatiry manager as our majority shareholders have absolutely no interest in getting promoted whatsoever, so the only pressure he is under is pressure he places on himself.