Sign in to follow this  
Making Plans

I was on the point of changing my mind

I went to the game more in hope than expectation today as I suspect many of us did. There was a very good chance that the guys were not going to be sufficiently focused and that’s exaxtly what happened. That’s not a criticism of any ndividual player, the manager or anything else. It’s just part of the human condition.

If people are going to use one game to make sweeping judgements about the club then for goodness sake don’t use that one!

Do you think a bank lets you use an overdraft for free Duncan? How many times have the club said they need to sell before replacements come in? That''s a cash flow problem simple as that, basic business really

Or are you admitting the owners/sporting director don''t know what they''re doing letting so many players go before replacing them?

As for the tettey pass, it was poor but gunn could have got it easily had he not changed his mind after starting to come, look at where Donaldson got the first touch, both at fault

Play offs always a pipe dream this season far too much transition. They were tired and not many had a good game against a proper top 6 side. We could have got a draw if we had been a tad more clinical. January is a good time to sell players and as such high earners and the likes of Pritchard were always likely to move on. The quality of the new faces now and in the summer will be so important and define our next few seasons

Do people not understand that even if you need to “sell before you can buy” you should still look to back to back the transactions and do them more or less simultaneously.

It’s not rocket science. You agree the desk to sell Jerome to Derby or Pritchard to Hudds but you only complete it when you have a couple of signings ready to come in to bolster the squad.

We seem to sell very quickly at the first hint of cash and then start worrying about replacements afterwards. It’s unprofessional from Webber and again indicative of the fact the club clearly is not bothered about challenging for the playoffs and he has been under no pressure to do so.

One quick remark to whether it was a good idea to field the best eleven on Wednesday or not. I don''t think Farke had any other option. Due to the lack of depth, fielding a team like we did against Burton would have resulted in an embarrassing defeat, much to the amusement of a bunch of another team in blue and white. Farke simply wanted to save himself and the club from that, also knowing that a weakened side still would not have guaranteed a win yesterday.

[quote user="DDD In The Fine City"]Do you think a bank lets you use an overdraft for free Duncan? How many times have the club said they need to sell before replacements come in? That''s a cash flow problem simple as that, basic business really.[/quote]Yep they have said it several times DDD as i have pointed out some time back mate. [;)]

On the field, the main objective this season was to avoid relegation. We are on track to do this whilst simultaneously re-implementing the Chase-Stringer model.Wynn-Jones and Delia need to be congratulated for swallowing their pride and going back to what worked so well before. Better late than never.

[quote user="DDD In The Fine City"]Do you think a bank lets you use an overdraft for free Duncan? How many times have the club said they need to sell before replacements come in? That''s a cash flow problem simple as that, basic business really

Or are you admitting the owners/sporting director don''t know what they''re doing letting so many players go before replacing them?

As for the tettey pass, it was poor but gunn could have got it easily had he not changed his mind after starting to come, look at where Donaldson got the first touch, both at fault[/quote]

There is such a thing as selling one player at the same time as buying another. It really can be done as shown by other clubs.

[quote user="DDD In The Fine City"]So they don''t know what they''re doing then?[/quote]

That all too familiar sound of the penny dropping. Congratulations on getting it.

[quote user="Norfolk Mustard "]Like the OP, I would choose 3 valuable league points over a physically & mentally exhausting FA Cup game...[/quote]

Agreed, but manager''s squad is so small...didn''t have that many options... with our reserve side out , it might have been 4-0 at ht

[quote user="Norfolk Mustard "]Like the OP, I would choose 3 valuable league points over a physically & mentally exhausting FA Cup game...[/quote]

Agreed, but manager''s squad is so small...didn''t have that many options... with our reserve side out , it might have been 4-0 at ht

I think everyone knows that the belt has to be tightened. Whether you believe it is mismanagement, bad luck or cyclical, the fact is we won''t be spending large amounts on one player.

It is very frustrating to here that we must sell before we spend but in reality, we aren''t spending are we?

We have brought in Edwards but his cost should be balanced by Naismith''s loan.

We have cheesepared the backroom staff to skeleton levels, sold players and saved the wage bill somewhat.

It then frustrates when 20 days had gone and only one player in (a player the coach then admits we took on loan even though he had a back problem when we signed him).

We were heartened by a top display against PL opposition, only to be deflated by a poor one at home.

The inconsistent performances have nothing to do with money. They are down to poor play. Whether that is the players or coaches fault is up for debate somewhat.

But to keep referring to our financial woes, small squad (so many out on loan) and playing our best team in the Cup just doesn''t stack up with me I''m afraid.

Yesterday was nothing more than very poor football from a team better than that.

[quote user="Len"]On the field, the main objective this season was to avoid relegation. We are on track to do this whilst simultaneously re-implementing the Chase-Stringer model.Wynn-Jones and Delia need to be congratulated for swallowing their pride and going back to what worked so well before. Better late than never.[/quote]Even though Ed Balls said that if we were not promoted it would cause severe financial problems ?

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="Len"]On the field, the main objective this season was to avoid relegation. We are on track to do this whilst simultaneously re-implementing the Chase-Stringer model.Wynn-Jones and Delia need to be congratulated for swallowing their pride and going back to what worked so well before. Better late than never.[/quote]Even though Ed Balls said that if we were not promoted it would cause severe financial problems ?[/quote]Were they his real words - just you over egging it a bit... I hesitate to say telling ''porkies'' for many varied reasons ?He did say in the interview after the AGM"if we don''t go up to the Premier League this season then we face another big financial challenge next summer at the end of the parachute payments"But then I should imagine you are talking about another comment he made.

Yeah i mean what a big difference there is between saying severe financial problems and the PR speak of another big financial challenge.

The difference between of one being what he said and  the other what you made upStill it''s nice to see you paying heed to Ed''s words, you haven''t always done so if comments on here are to believedBut as the good book says " more joy in heaven over one sinner who repents than over ninety-nine righteous ones who do not need to repent"Though that comment is not to be taken literally, or an exact quote, as that would seem the norm on here

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="Len"]On the field, the main objective this season was to avoid relegation. We are on track to do this whilst simultaneously re-implementing the Chase-Stringer model.Wynn-Jones and Delia need to be congratulated for swallowing their pride and going back to what worked so well before. Better late than never.[/quote]Even though Ed Balls said that if we were not promoted it would cause severe financial problems ?[/quote]I was only pointing out a truism. Ed Balls seems to more or less to be saying that we won''t get promoted and justifying the sales of high earners, rather than indicating that we were going all out for promotion (and risking a far worse position).What comes out of the mouths of Delia and co often needs to be decoded into its real meaning!

[quote user="DDD In The Fine City"]So they don''t know what they''re doing then?[/quote]

Well somebody let Alex Neil lose with £50m to pour down the drain........

[quote user="Hercules"][quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="Len"]On the field, the main objective this season was to avoid relegation. We are on track to do this whilst simultaneously re-implementing the Chase-Stringer model.Wynn-Jones and Delia need to be congratulated for swallowing their pride and going back to what worked so well before. Better late than never.[/quote]Even though Ed Balls said that if we were not promoted it would cause severe financial problems ?[/quote]Were they his real words - just you over egging it a bit... I hesitate to say telling ''porkies'' for many varied reasons ?He did say in the interview after the AGM"if we don''t go up to the Premier League this season then we face another big financial challenge next summer at the end of the parachute payments"But then I should imagine you are talking about another comment he made.[/quote]

Allowing a politician to get involved with financial matters is like handing the keys to the wine cellar and drinks cabinet to an alcoholic. They are brilliant at spending money that is not theirs.