Sign in to follow this  
Grando

Linked with another young loan midfielder

I''ve just seen on the BBC sports pages that Swansea are rumoured to be offering some foreign striker £120,000 a week to join them.

I guess they''ll offer him a let-out clause if they get relegated, but it does seem like a huge amount for a team I consider as being the same size as us (average attendance this season 20,500).

For some reason this has convinced me that we have to follow this new approach. We have to give Farke and Webber the rest of this window and the next two too, to demonstrate that they know what they are doing.

I kind of agree, but realistically Godfrey is the only one who is likely to be a first choice player next season - possibly Remi Matthews. He''s on a season-long loan so can''t be recalled unless we decided to sell him (unlikely).

Players in on loan should either be first choice (and better than what we have already) or players who we might be able to sign once the loan ends.

I have to agree, a loan player needs either to give you an immediate improvement, or someone you can have a chance of signing at the end of the loan.

Under Lambert we used the loan system wisely e.g. that fullback from Tottenham when we got up to the Prem - we got a better quality player than we could have afforded as a permanent.

An inexperience player who''s going to need time to get settled in is a complete waste unless we have an option to buy.  Kane shows that a top quality player who''s not yet had enough experience can still be awful if brought into the first team too soon.