Sign in to follow this  
lifelongcanary

Why Ward?

I have 1 question for you - why is Ward on the bench?surely Gallagher would be the better option.Ward played a part game last year and you saw what happened!im not saying it was Wards fault, its just the teams confidence went down when Greeno went off.i feel more confident with Gallagher in goal than Ward, and I bet the team would too.Ward is a good keeper, but i think Gallagher is better.Of course Greeno is still my number 1!what do you think?

Yeh i agree, i think Gallagher is a better keeper than Ward, but yeh i dont hav a good reason as 2 why Wards always on the beach ahead of him. anyone? 

I do see your point. I think Worthy chooses Ward over Gallacher purely because of his experience - he''s been around for quite a while. But I do feel for Gallacher - he doesn''t even get on the bench for the reserves, let alone the first team.

He must wonder why he bothers turning up for training.

Ward played many games at Forest and is a very experienced keeper.  In my opinion there is not much between them and it is Worthy and the Coaches that see them in training and therefore it is they that believe Ward to be the most impressive and sit on the bench.  At the end of the day all the players need our support and I dont particularly get too worked up when one or the other is on the bench.      

good comments guys.
i wasnt critisising Ward, hes a top keeper wth a wealth of experience, its just a personal opinion. Too true that Worthy and his merry men see them both in training.
Surely we should alternate between them for reserve games?

gallacher''s still there but was transfer listed in july but never went. makes you think that the chances of him getting on the bench are slim that being the case.

[quote]good comments guys. i wasnt critisising Ward, hes a top keeper wth a wealth of experience, its just a personal opinion. Too true that Worthy and his merry men see them both in training. Surely we shou...[/quote]

Careful what you say Life Long Canary lol.

Ward is better imoh and I''m not biased - well slightly lol. Hes played for Wales and did a good job, he has lots of experience and is purely better even if some beg to differ! Lol.

Oh and as for the Charlton game, everyone was having an off day so you cant blame Wardy.

I''m not a fan of Gallachers and never have been. You''d never have guessed...!

Darren Ward- The Alternitive Answer! lol.

"Ward played a part game last year and you saw what happened!"

Yes we were already being outplayed, even Paul Robinson wouldn''t have made a difference so what''s your point?

"Yes we were already being outplayed, even Paul Robinson wouldn''t have made a difference so what''s your point?"

you obviously only skimmed over my comment!
i didnt blame Ward!
i blamed the team for what seemed to be a lack in confidence in him. I very much doubt this is the case but if you were unbiased and watching, that is what you would have thought!

I find it hard to understand how a keeper who, when we signed him was Scotland''s No.2, has failed to make an impact(No Scottish goalkeeper jokes please!).

I didn''t realise his loan spell was a failure, I thought he was being farmed out to keep him in action in preparation for when Greeno went to join a Premiership club.

I''ve only seen Ward in ''action'' against Real Mallorca, in last season''s Pre-season friendly(and still blame him for the goal!) and he seems a sound if unspectacular understudy to Green.

I would understand it if Gallagher would want to move on, and in all fairness we could probably do without his services wth Ward and Lewis as backup. I feel slightly sorry for him, because he hasn''t been given the chance to prove his worth.

On a similar subject, should Greeno decide to join a Premiership club in the next transfer window, he should maybe take a look at Keepers who''ve made a similar ''career'' move. Namely Richard Wright, and Andy ''Turncoat'' Marshall! I find it shocking that Greeno didn''t get a place on the bench against Wales, and hope that he doesn''t decide the best way to convince Sven to pick him is to sign for, and sit on the bench of, a Premiership club.

I think everyone''s well aware of the difficulty of coming off the bench mid game for any keeper. The Charlton match didn''t do Ward any favours, but didn''t do much damage either - they were all over us.

He has since had some good games in both the reserves and friendlies and continues to work hard.

Gallacher meanwhile had two very unimpressive spells for Sheffield Wednesday and Gillingham. For Wednesday he even got himself sent off for a blatent hand ball and neither team rated him that highly. Personally, I''m disappointed - he arrived at this club with plenty of promise. On the fringe of the Scottish first team, and all that.

If Gallacher had gone out on loan and impressed, then I''d be tempted to agree with Gallacher over Ward, but tbh from what''s been heard, I can fully understand him being our fourth choice keeper.

Ward would be my second choice too, hes more experianced and in my opinion the better keeper out of ward and Gallacher

[quote]I see Gallacher was on the bench today! Come on, own up - which one of you lot is Worthy[/quote]

I can''t quite work that one out. Just when you think Gallacher is gone from the team altogether, he gets stuck on the subs bench without so much as a whiff of injury from Ward or chance for Lewis.

Gallacher was on the bench today. What we should talk about is the great start Green has made to the season, I wouldn''t like to think of him being injured at the moment