Sign in to follow this  
hampton canary

Will any more players leave in this transfer window - promotion chances next season.

Webber has done really well to offload some of the higher earners, but is it possible Oliveira, Watkins and maybe Klose could leave in this window?

I can now see this squad beginning to take shape to mount a challenge for promotion next season.

If the recent signings from Germany do as well as Zimmermann, Trybull and Stiepermann have, plus if you add Godfrey, Thompson and a couple of U-23 plyers to the equation, it has to look promising.

I would be surprised if any players left on a permanent signing, though if a ''suitable'' offer came in it could happen. My point being Idoubt it is the intent at the momentI would expect that a few will leave in the summer, if only to lower the wage bill 

I hear what you are saying Hercules but those players I mentioned have all been picked for their countries and a move to a higher profile club may enhance their chances of getting picked again; Oliveira (Portugal) and Klose (Switzerland) in particular have the world cup coming up.

I am sure the agents for all three players will be working hard to get themselves a nice bonus before the window closes.

[quote user="hampton canary"]Webber has done really well to offload some of the higher earners, but is it possible Oliveira, Watkins and maybe Klose could leave in this window?

I can now see this squad beginning to take shape to mount a challenge for promotion next season.

If the recent signings from Germany do as well as Zimmermann, Trybull and Stiepermann have, plus if you add Godfrey, Thompson and a couple of U-23 plyers to the equation, it has to look promising.[/quote]

Zimmermann, Trybull and Steipermann have all contributed to our current mid to lower league championship position. If the new guys are of similar standard, why on earth do you think we are beginning to shape for a promotion push next season?!

There''s a lot of work to be done if we''re going to suddenly become promotion candidates next season. We look a long, long way off the pace at the moment. But obviously, some good signings in the summer and our recent ones bedding in well and who knows. The importance now is to finish as high up the league as possible to help keep assets and sign new players who can both buy into the belief we can be serious contenders. Finish miles off the pace, and it makes it a lot harder to persuade those players..., finish in the play-offs and suddenly people will be a lot more willing to join

To be fair Lincoln, it''s hard to say if Zimmermann, Trybull and Steipermann have actually been worse than Bassong/Bennett Dorrans/Mulumbu.

Gunn vs Ruddy = Gunn certainly hasn''t let us down.

Bassong/Bennett vs Zimmermann - for me Zim wins this one

Mulumbu/Dorrans - Trybull/Reed - arguably miles better than Mulumbu, I miss Dorrans personally but don''t think either of these guys are massively worse than him.

The only one I would say that has been significantly worse is Vrancic to replace Howson. Jonny streets ahead for us, although, since he left he doesn''t seem to have done much.

Maybe these players will improve the more games they play over here? Quite likely that in their second season some of them will be better.

Its about getting the blend right, creating something which is greater than the sum of it''s parts. Like Lambert created here and what Bristol City, Cardiff and Sheffield Utd have this season. Why not be optimistic and believe that it can be us in the future.

A massive turnover of players, new style of play, poor defending and lack of goals have all contributed to our current position. If the new players adapt to playing in the Championship in the way that Zimmermann, Trybull and Stiepermann have then yes I do feel we have a chance of promotion next season.

In my opinion Farke is putting together a younger and much stronger squad of players who all appear to want to wear the Norwich shirt.

Our recent cup performances against Arsenal and Chelsea have shown that with the right attitude and determination from the players we can compete with those clubs and should make any supporter feel optimistic.

I think if we are aiming to ship some more out then we ought to cut our losses, not delay things just for another few bob and save the wages.

We don''t really need players with no future hanging around for wages only.

I remember Wagner saying that at the end of his first season he wanted a tight knit squad that gelled together rather than a large disparate mob.

[quote user="hampton canary"]A massive turnover of players, new style of play, poor defending and lack of goals have all contributed to our current position. If the new players adapt to playing in the Championship in the way that Zimmermann, Trybull and Stiepermann have then yes I do feel we have a chance of promotion next season.

In my opinion Farke is putting together a younger and much stronger squad of players who all appear to want to wear the Norwich shirt.

Our recent cup performances against Arsenal and Chelsea have shown that with the right attitude and determination from the players we can compete with those clubs and should make any supporter feel optimistic.[/quote]

Take Maddison out of the equation and we are seriously weakened.

Definitely, but part of it is finishing this season strongly so we can persuade Madders to stay!