Sign in to follow this  
king canary

West Ham in for Maddison

Agree.

Unlike Pritchard, there will be a number of clubs looking at him and I suspect he’ll end up somewhere better than Wet Sham and for more than £12m.

If the lad keeps progressing like he is then he will be worth more than that come the summer and the more clubs interested, the better.

Still wouldn’t bet against Spurs being at the front of the queue, hence ya getting their little Messi for the remainder of the season, maybe to become part of the deal in the summer.

At £12m they can f**k off.

Bit ominous that we’ve just signed another attacking midfielder on loan though

Suspect if they get it nearer £15m with plenty add-ons that''ll do it. Maybe even without plenty add-ons.

Why?

He’s on a long contract, one of the best young prospects in the country.

Not sure it will be all hard cash but I suspect with an overall package will be that much in total.

Unless they have already done a deal the fact that players are coming in suggests there in no further need to sell in this window and come the summer he’ll be worth no less than me of not more if he carries on impressing.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/jan/25/james-maddison-west-ham-united-norwich-city-transfer-news

Hi greasy, not seen much of you on here lately. Good to see you back.

Not suprised to be honest, Maddison was always going to attract a decentbid, just depends how much our current owners want to keep him, as others 15 million plus 5 million add ons and he’ll be gone. Lewis will be the next multi million pound player after his impact into the first team.

Quite surprised its taken until the 25th day of the month for finally a sniff of gossip as to an actual bid price from any club for Madders. It means we''ve only 6 days to sit thru this Madders rumour carp before the window slams tight.City know come the summer a bidding war will ensue, they just have less than a week to say no thx.

I’m now waiting on the Maddison wants to join the Hammers crap!

Hopefully our board will hold their nerve and keep him here at any cost, we really should be building on Maddison next season, we’ve cut the wage budget and sold enough to justify holding onto him for at least a couple more seasons! I know it won’t happen but we really must do as much as possible to keep him.

Disagree. I''d rather use the money to buy 2 or 3 quality additions and improve the squad as a whole.

Does anyone else think we should sell him now, for the right price? Our season is practically over in terms of promotion, and if we use our remaining games to bed in new signings and youngsters, and try and develop the playing style, surely having Maddison at the centre of it, who will likely be sold in the summer, is rather pointless, and blocks others?

If WH take him, they must be forced to take Jarvis back as part of the deal!

They stuffed us over selling Jarvis to us, let’s do the same to them.

Seriously Maddison is too good to end up there. Pritchard was to good for Huddersfield, Maddison need to be patient and a much bigger club will come on for him with a bigger fee.

[quote user="Indy"]Hi greasy, not seen much of you on here lately. Good to see you back. [/quote]

Afternoon Indy, I''ve been about, more lurking than posting tho.

Hope you''re well too.

No I do not think we should sell him now for the right price. We won’t use the money and by the time the summer comes we will have been told it’s all been swallowed up and McClean is his replacement.

Show some balls, build the team around Madders and try and get a bidding war going in the future if he continues to excel as I’m sure he will.

[quote user="Hoola Han Solo"]Does anyone else think we should sell him now, for the right price? Our season is practically over in terms of promotion, and if we use our remaining games to bed in new signings and youngsters, and try and develop the playing style, surely having Maddison at the centre of it, who will likely be sold in the summer, is rather pointless, and blocks others?[/quote]

No. For one thing the season still has more than a 1/3 to go so is far from over, either in regards of promotion or anything else.  Also Maddison is one of the best young players we have ever had and it is a joy to see him in a yellow shirt.  Sell him?  Ok, when the time comes, but not before - he can only help anyone who comes in to the squad - quality is quality.

£12 million 😂😂😂😂🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣😂😂

I’m well Greavsey, been an enjoyable time recently. I’m pleased to see the over paid under performing players out the door, sad to see others go, but that’s the reality of our situation.

Been to 5 games this year three defeats but can see what Farke is trying to do, shame he doesn’t have 50 million to spend like that useless Scot we had in charge too long! Didn’t rate or like Neil from the start.

It’s a must keep Maddison for at least 18 months and build around him, he fits Farkes system pretty important part of it IMO.

DDD In The Fine City wrote the following post at 25/01/2018 6:26 PM:

Anywhere near 15 he''s gone

Sell for that and the owners deserve to be hounded out!

I also agree £15M and we''ll probably let him go. Sad thing is if this was similar to last season and we were flirting with the play offs players might want to stay until summer but if someone comes in you can''t really say no in our position

Jim

"No I do not think we should sell him now for the right price. We won’t use the money and by the time the summer comes we will have been told it’s all been swallowed up and McClean is his replacement.

Show some balls, build the team around Madders and try and get a bidding war going in the future if he continues to excel as I’m sure he will. "

I agree Jim, the guy is quality, the sort of player you can build a team around. To let him and Pitch go, particularly in the same window would be a disaster.