Sign in to follow this  

Who would you drop

So OK. Df says, the four new ones are all fit and ready and they are better than what I have at the moment and they are all playing Saturday.

Who would be dropped for these guys?

Obvious one is Oliveira.

Maybe Tettey.

Who else though?

Revert to a back four again?

Maclean isnt here until the summer so its down to the three new ones, who are a striker, winger and midfielder.

So the ones that appear to be under an improve and maintain challenge are Nelson, Murphy, Vrancic, Trybull, Reed &, if his form dips Maddison.

For this weekend I expect all three to be on the bench at best.

I wonder if Edwards or Hernandez will start ahead of Murphy. Aside from that I don''t see the others right into the starting XI. I''m really not sure where Leitner fits in yet.

I''d bring Vrancic back in for Reed also.

Long term things will be different, but not all these players are going to be plunged into the first team. I could imagine the most likely to start is perhaps Onel so we can play an attacking three;

Onel Madders Murphy

Oliveira

The others will be more likely to come off the bench for me. I agree, will be interesting to see where Leitner fits in. Supposedly he is a CM but he can also play on the right or as an CAM. I guess if we revert to 4 at the back we could play this across the middle;

Gunn

Pinto Hanley Klose Lewis

Reed

Onel Leitner Murphy

Maddison

Oliveira

The biggest difference is these signings give us options. They aren''t all straight swaps anymore.

Leitner has barely kicked a ball in anger for 2 years, I would highly doubt he''ll be starting anytime soon. Think he will be an option off the bench to start with and potential a starter depending on performances.

I can''t see Farke wanting to stray away from the back three at the moment, so Murphy is probably the most at risk (unless Farke wants to go for a striker-less formation like he did for the Chelsea home game).

This weekend will probably be deemed a bit too early for any of the new boys and Leitner may not even make the bench. Edwards potentially in for Murphy, depending on his injury and training performances. Although, wouldn''t be surprised to see an unchanged team but with Srbney, Hernadez and Edwards all on the bench.

@Bethnal

I''d be surprised if he stuck with the Tettey/Reed combo in the middle. We looked much better with Vrancic on there.

Presumably those we have in on loan are here because they''re better than what we have already or that they''ll be part of the team next season. I''d like to see Edwards and Leitner play at least 10 games this season otherwise, why are they here now?

I think Leitner is on loan with a view to a permanent deal. As I said he hasn''t really done anything for two seasons so I guess Farke/Webber want to make sure he is half the player he was at Dortmund in 2015.

Edwards is an exciting player, but probably mainly an option off the bench.

I think those loanees were brought in to give Farke more options, but that doesn''t mean throwing them into the first team right away.

Edwards seems to have been overlooked by some of you.

If his back problem is fixed then surely he is a definite starter along with Onel

Onel looks the only likely starter to me. Can''t see Edwards starting ahead of Maddison, although I guess he could possibly start ahead of Vrancic/Reed alongside Trybull.

Who are you dropping then KG? Maddison?

Oh no. Edwards must be stitched on. And Srbeny has been playing and scoring, so he has to have a good chance. In fact, that might spur on Oliveira who might score and show his shirt to DF.

Leitner may have to wait if he hasn''t played much but Onel can be used as a second striker.

So it would be possible, if the coaching staff chose so to have

Gunn

Pinto Klose Zimmerman Lewis

Trybull Tettey

Edwards Maddison

Onel Srbeny

That may be too much fantasy for DF. But surely we should not waste trying these players out and change it if it isn''t working.

I hate the thought of bringing on players for 30 minutes when they could have played 60 in the first place.

I think we ought to play a higher line in defence and close the gaps between midfield and the striker(s)

I dont expect to many changes from last week. Leitner clearly needs at least a week or two to get up to speed. German clubs have just been on their mid season break, no idea if that includes 2nd and 3rd tier leagues. Maybe Hernandez needs a week or so also, but perhaps Srbeny could be on the bench.So prolly same as last week, with just a minor decision between Reed and Vrancic. Reports last week on how bad Trybull is would  suggest to me that hes out for weeks at least, but DF will no doubt fill us in at todays presser.

I dont expect to many changes from last week. Leitner clearly needs at least a week or two to get up to speed. German clubs have just been on their mid season break, no idea if that includes 2nd and 3rd tier leagues. Maybe Hernandez needs a week or so also, but perhaps Srbeny could be on the bench.

So prolly same as last week, with just a minor decision between Reed and Vrancic. Reports last week on how bad Trybull is would suggest to me that hes out for weeks at least, but DF will no doubt fill us in at todays presser.

Don''t forget Edwards