Sign in to follow this  
Van wink

Gentlemans evening

Hucks6 wrote the following post at 24/01/2018 7:09 PM:

Yes about 30 years ago

Were quite popular fund raising events in their day.

Quite regularly a few years back. To a rugby club sponsored dinner.

There used to be comedians who told spectacularly blue, un-pc jokes, once there was strippers but I missed that one.

I thought this was going to be the new announcement to raise funds for the training ground

Ended up on stage borlock naked and a willie that had shrunk to millimetres through embarassment.

Trouble was all the heteros were ogling the stripper but one bloke was a bit suss and could take his eyes off me!

[quote user="keelansgrandad"]Ended up on stage borlock naked and a willie that had shrunk to millimetres through embarassment.

Trouble was all the heteros were ogling the stripper but one bloke was a bit suss and could take his eyes off me![/quote]Must''ve been that night in Delia''s then ? [;)]

Took 4 clients from Woolworths Head Office in London for lunch to a restaurant called "School Dinners" sometime during the 80''s.Interesting afternoon. [:D][img]https://s17.postimg.org/doj7uxmj3/896696921_09b8ef18fc_b.jpg[/img]

Must''ve been that night in Delia''s then ?

Well she was a swimwear model so perhaps that was her with the whip

Were those ladies bait MP ? Or did they choose to do work there fully understanding what it was like.

Used to know a girl that worked at ''School Dinners'', she knew exactly what she was taking on, but could handle herself and had no problem telling any ''diner'' when they were out of order...Some of the girls at the ''Gentlemens evening'' did not know what they were letting themselves in for.

[quote user="Van wink"]Were those ladies bait MP ? Or did they choose to do work there fully understanding what it was like.[/quote]If they didn''t know what it was like when they joined I would imagine that after day 1 they would have been fully aware.

There seems to be a certain amount of hypocrisy flying around over this Presidents event.

Its the sort of thing that used to happen in the past, I would hazard a guess that a lot of the posters on here over say 45 would have been to a gentlemans'' evening of some description.

I was just wondering if they still take place, the last one I recall, though didn''t attend, was organised by a local football club about 5 years ago as a fund raiser, I dont believe it was that well attended.

As they say VW, you''ve seen one, you''ve seen them all.

In the rugby circles I frequent, there is no evidence of it anymore.

The world moves on but hypocrisy moves with it.

Went to one as part of the rowing team at uni. Very odd night full of plenty of banter as you expect. Some old guy compering with dodgy jokes and sexist songs and a couple of dodgy strippers who “performed” in the middle of the circle. Thought it was pretty funny at the time and not gonna day I wouldn’t find it funny now but it was pretty dodge! We all had to fill a jar with a few quid to get them to do more etc. Was a bit intimidating actually as a fresh faced 18 year old!

The stories I hear from a friend of mine who used to be in the met. up until recently, of what goes on in these privileged circles would make your eyes pop out.  It is another world but now it is beginning to fall apart as people infiltrate and whiste blow on these kinds of events.  The establishment can now longer rely on getting away with stuff that nowadays in the real world is seen as totally incorrect.  They are having to change and gentlemen''s evenings by the so called "privileged" will soon be a thing of the past.  They might go underground, but the danger of being found out with the advent of mobile phones and social media will basically make them impossible to be held safely.  Perhaps social media has a positive side after all......