Sign in to follow this  
Rich T The Biscuit

Leitner

Yes a new post about him but as the other one has turned in to a bitching session I’m trying to bring it back to topic.

There was some twitter chatter that it would be 3 in today, anyone know any more as to whether we think we have him?

This is just superb news...what a day! Welcome to Hernandez, Srbeny and now Leitner. Webber has proved again, 2nd window running, that hes fully able to bring in guys to the club pretty smartish after a few have gone out.Ummm Mr. Webber...any slight  chance of a RB before next week? That would make it a complete window.

Smartish? Has been two weeks and assuming none will feature this weekend potentially two important games.

These guys should have been in the day after Pritchard left.

There’s still a part of me that’s hoping that Olive and Watkins might also leave but that would leave us really short up top.

Although I guess Watkins can now go as he’s done nothing since he’s been here other than cause problems by the sounds of things!!

Came in on a free so getting a million plus for someone who doesn’t want to be here would be great business. Especially as I can’t see where he’s going to fit in now.

That’s five additions this January, including the young lad from Ireland, all rather more exciting than previous windows. My money is on a couple more out the door, like RTB I’d like to see Watkins go, we’ve got enough now in our squad. Might be nice to cover some of the cost. Sell to Bristol for a couple million.

Any idea what sort of midfielder this guy is?

I.e. Ball winner or box to box.

We are going to need a long term replacement for Alex Tettey if he is not retained at the end of the season and with Reed going back to Saints.

Given this season is effectively over now, I am hoping there''s a deal in place for a permanent move too. That would be extremely nice indeed.

Anyone know how long he has left on his contract?

[quote user="Bolland"]Any idea what sort of midfielder this guy is?

I.e. Ball winner or box to box.

We are going to need a long term replacement for Alex Tettey if he is not retained at the end of the season and with Reed going back to Saints.[/quote]we have with McLean

[quote user="Indy"]That’s five additions this January, including the young lad from Ireland, all rather more exciting than previous windows. My money is on a couple more out the door, like RTB I’d like to see Watkins go, we’ve got enough now in our squad. Might be nice to cover some of the cost. Sell to Bristol for a couple million.[/quote]We have also signed a young lad from Huddersfieldhttp://www.pinkun.com/norwich-city/former-huddersfield-starlet-joins-norwich-1-5366725

Two seasons ago he made 13 appearances for Dortmund! Dortmund to Norwich in two season and Augsburg only bought him last January. Certainly very interesting. Let''s hope he feels at home here and we see some of why he was good enough to play for Dortmund not so long ago.

In answer to the question above I think he’s more of a playmaker/ball playing midfielder than a Tettey type midfielder.

After a bit of research, sounds like his career has nosedived in the last 2-3 years after a very promising start.

He’s suffered at least 6 injuries too, including back, groin and knee injuries.

Injuries looked to have impacted his career progress. If he can stay fit, he could be a decent player. But he seems injury prone to me.

pretty sure the young lad from Huddersfield is a right back, if he turns out anything like Lewis who is showing real promise for his age, we could have some very young players with bags of potential which is exciting, experience players are helpful but their work rate isn’t always 100% I’m excited to see all the new signings!

I hear this guy is a cm cam. He’s top quality, so with Pritchard gone and Hoolahan close to retirement this guy is possibly part of the succession plan. His current contract ends this summer -perhaps we have an option to buy him. I’m impressed that we can find such players. Farke knows him therefore we must also presume that this guy has the right attitude and that his game suits the Championship.

Exactly, if we can get his career back on track and keep him fit we could be on for a winner. Although Farke was coy when asked about a potential permanent transfer in the summer, I would suspect you''re right Bonzo that we have an option on him if he turns out to be a success. He''s certainly got the talent and played with the best at Dortmund but struggled to get playing time mainly due to injuries and then them signing replacement players because of his injuries. He played 40 games for Stuttgart on loans across 2 seasons, but failed to establish himself at Lazio or Augsburg.

It seems he is more of a CM/CAM similar to Howson I guess. Not really a goalscorer though.