It''s a bold strategy.

I''d go with

Gunn

Hanley, Klose, Zim

Pinto, Vrancic, Tettey, Lewis

Hernandez, Maddison

Nelson

Subs- McGovern, Raggatt, Steipermann, Edwards, Dennis, Murphy, Reed

Gives us some attacking options off the bench.

I would personally go for;

Gunn

Pinto Hanley Zim Klose Lewis

Tettey

Hernandez Maddison Murphy

Oliveira

If you want to be a bit more defensive, then swap one of Muprhy/Hernandez for Reed/Vrancic

So no place for Hoolihan who changed the game completely last week against Sheff Utd.

If only he was German, cheap & from their third tier...

Farke & his coaches will have (I hope!) reviewed the home game v Brentford and will pick a team to nullify and threaten the way they play. I''d play Reed and Trybull if fit in the middle, more mobile than Tettey, who I thought wasn''t great v Sheff U - not just for the backpass.

It''ll be good for Oliveira to have 2 players threatening his place (Hernandez and Srbeny). Might make him see his place isn''t guaranteed.

Brentford play a high press, possession based game. More or less exactly what Farke wants to do with Norwich. However, trying to match that tomorrow will result in defeat.

To get anything from the game, it is imperative we stop Sawyers and Woods, who have both been terrific this season and make everything click. So we need to revert back to 4-2-3-1.

Gunn

Pinto Hanley Klose Lewis

Tettey Reed

Hernandez Maddison Watkins

Oliveria (reluctantly)

Tomorrow is game where you need a workhorse up front (not olive). To drop into the space Woods likes to occupy to get the play started. It will fall on Watkins an Maddison to press this area as much as possible.

Of course, I expect Murphy to start instead of Watkins. But I believe the added protection of Watkins is the better option tomorrow.

I think, based on Farke''s recent comments, Vrancic is more likely to play than Watkins if Murphy is dropped.

If we try and play Vrancic in place of Murphy in the 3-4-3 formation it will terrible. He''s so much better in the deeper roles.

Edwards or Hernandez I can see though.

[quote user="lincoln canary"][quote user="AJ"]I think, based on Farke''s recent comments, Vrancic is more likely to play than Watkins if Murphy is dropped.[/quote]

Yes I agree, and we''ll pay the price no doubt.

Vrancic is a liability.[/quote]Please stop spouting rubbish. He''s a good player,getting better with every game, and his range of passing is very good.If Watkins had shown the same level of improvement I''m sure he''d get more time.

Vrancic is a good player. I wouldn''t play him out on the left or right but he''s a good player. Certainly not a liability.

From DF in the press conf:

Edwards needs to learn to do more without the ball

Vrancic has a bad cut, might be available

Watkins has improved his attitude in training & is important to us - "hard work will always earn the benefit"

Trybull back in training but it might be too soon for him

Pinto - out, injured his knee getting out of the car!!

Wes out too.

Maybe Reed or Tettey at right back in a back 4?

If we stick with 3 at the back with 2 wing backs, would not be surprised to see Watkins start there.

Tettey obviously played there when Pinto came off against Chelsea

Hmm..this will be a test for City..no Pinto, no Hoolahan, no Tybull, Vrancic semi doubtful.DF will need to be at his self tinkering best to cover the gaps and have a full bench, and of course Cantwell has gone out on loan. Seems odds on for Stieperman to fill one of the gaps, we have guys like Raggett and Husband to but, could be a time for a  new young face or two on the bench, outside of the 3 guys we signed yesterday.

Based on the press conf, I''d expect at least 2 of the 4 who came in this week to be on the bench - sounds like they''re working on Edwards to improve his defensive side of the game and I suspect its too soon for Leitner. Hernandez and Srbeny to come on if we need them to.

I''d be happier with Reed at RWB than Tettey, but it sounds like they''ll need him in one of the 2 defensive midfield spots if Trybull and Vrancic are out.

It could be:

Gunn

Reed, Hanley, Zimm, Klose, Lewis

Tettey Vrancic

Murphy Maddison

Oliveira

Bench: McGovern, Raggett, Hernandez, Srbeny, Watkins, Stiepermann, Husband

[quote user="Herman"][quote user="lincoln canary"][quote user="AJ"]I think, based on Farke''s recent comments, Vrancic is more likely to play than Watkins if Murphy is dropped.[/quote]

Yes I agree, and we''ll pay the price no doubt.

Vrancic is a liability.[/quote]Please stop spouting rubbish. He''s a good player,getting better with every game, and his range of passing is very good.If Watkins had shown the same level of improvement I''m sure he''d get more time.[/quote]

Your showing a lack of football intelligence Herman. You''ve been sold by some pretty touches and a good repertoire of passing.

Let me run some stats past you to support my liability comment.

Win percentage with Vrancic starting = 22%

Win percentage without Vrancic starting = 66%

Loss percentage with Vrancic starting = 40%

Loss percentage without Vrancic starting = 33%

If you look past the pretty touches and long range passes you''ll notice we win far more when he doesn''t start, and lose less often.

What team would you play then Lincoln? You know - to give us the opportunity of a positive result - which I assume as a fan you want?

Gunn

Hanley Zimmermann Klose

Steiperman Tettey Leitner Lewis

Maddison Murphy

Oliveira

Subs

McGivern, Raggett, Hernandez, Reed Vrancic, Srbeny, Middleton

Lincoln Lad wrote: "Your [sic] showing a lack of football intelligence Herman [you naughty, naughty boy]. You''ve been sold by some pretty touches and a good repertoire of passing [shocking skills for a footballer to possess].

Let me run some [isolated] stats past you to support my liability comment.

Win percentage with Vrancic starting = 22%

Win percentage without Vrancic starting = 66%

Loss percentage with Vrancic starting = 40%

Loss percentage without Vrancic starting = 33%

If you look past the pretty touches and long range passes you''ll notice we win far more when he doesn''t start, and lose less often."
Was the presence or otherwise of Vrancic the only consistent factor in those results, Lincoln? They didn''t coincide with the availability or otherwise of, say, Trybull and/or Tetty; the presence of Lewis at left back, the form (up and down) of Murphy, the formation played, the tactics employed? I could draw similar conclusions to you based on the following:
Win percentage when I''m wearing my blue Y-fronts: 22% , win percentage when I''m wearing my red ones: 66%
Loss percentage when I''m wearing my blue Y-fronts 40%, loss percentage when I''m wearing my red ones 33%
If you look past my fancy moves and alarmingly frayed elastic you will notice that we win far more when I''m wearing my red underwear and lose less often.
Simples, no? Dunno why Farke persists on letting me wear my blue pants in the face of such incontrovertible evidence. Pulis and some rich Arab owners would have hauled me over the coals about it before now. Or is my ''evidence'' perhaps a tad simplistic and one-dimensional?
;-)

Lincoln - Vrancic no good, go to Specsavers quickly, he''s improved week after week

No wonder your posts regular win the "pinkun idiots post of the week'''' on twitter

Same as last week for me with Watkins for Pinto.

Three new lads on bench with keeper, Stiepermann, Raggett and whoever is the fittest of Trybull and Vrancic.

No reason at all why we can''t go there and get a result.

No-one is disputing the fact, they''re disputing the conclusion that you''ve derived from it.

Gunn        Hanley Zimmermann Klose Watkins     Tettey   Stiepermann Lewis                Maddison Vrancic                        Murphy

With any of the new players to come on from bench if situation is right.