Sign in to follow this  
AJ

Dennis Srbeny

If we were buying a League 1 striker with a total of 17 goals plus assists in 15 games, I suspect we would have to pay much more than the reported £1M.

Yes, welcome to Norwich,Denis. I hope you do well,are happy here and score many goals for us. You have joined a great Club.

A potential bargain and inexpensive risk. I hope he does well here

[quote user="hogesar"][quote user="Mike "]You tend to get what you pay for... I hope they are all massive successes for my team. I''ll wait to give judgement.[/quote]
[IMG]http://www.edp24.co.uk/polopoly_fs/1.4541165!/image/image.jpg_gen/derivatives/landscape_630/image.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://s.hs-data.com/picmon/c6/eRZ_83aD6_l.jpg[/IMG]
[/quote]

So many opposite examples I could give but that is kind of stupid really... as I said you tend to get what you pay for (Pritchard, Roberts, Ashton etc) so I''ll wait and see and hope is not like that Czech striker we signed...

That''s a valid POV and until we find out from watching him play, at this stage it depends whether you are a glass half full or a glass half empty person. Nevertheless at any level a player who can score or assist with 17 in 15 has to be worth a go. I''m looking forward to seeing him play.

A gamble worth taking

he might well be better suited to english football who knows ? he knows where the net is he is young cheap and hungry why not take a gamble nothing to lose on this one

I think the ''hungry'' factor cannot be ignored.

if you''ve been playing at a high level for a number of years it may well be that you''re now set up financially for life &, unless you''re totally in love with playing, start to wonder if it''s worth the pain & risk of injury you''re putting yourself through.

Of course many players do carry on until something drops off (I reckon Wes would keep playing as a unidexter), but the incentive to keep churning out fully committed performances every week is bound to wane. And of course some were never that committed to start with ...

Anyway, looking forward to see the latest crop of bright eyed & bushy tailed (& relatively poor) youngsters having a bash.

Everything went tits up when we stopped signing people like this. Young, good record in the lower leagues (German or not - I fail to see the difference!) and cheap.

He''s got to be worth a try.

Crazy that, despite all evidence to the contrary, some people still seem adamant that we need to ''splash the cash'' in order to find a good player.

[quote user="king canary"]He didn''t come on, so no idea.

He may have warmed up well?[/quote]He wont cost us what Laffs did, i''m sure.