AJ

Dennis Srbeny

Apparently we''re in for him.

Anybody know anything about him?

German 3rd tier,

6 ft 2, 9 goals 8 assists in 15 games.

6 figure sum.

Answer to our striker failings?

As a German, I hope he''s more Zimmermann than Franke, more Trybull than Stiepermann.

As a Dennis, I hope he''s more Bergkamp than Wise...

Yeah, just caught up on the story lunchtime... Lower leagues so may or may not hit the ground running here, maybe one to blood this year and become a front runner for next season.

Zimmerman came from 1 league lower and he''s done okay, just took a little while to adjust.

Would it be easier for a stiker to adjust?

Depends on his playing style I guess. But at the end of the day, if he knows where the net is...

Why Lincoln? Are there better options there, if so who?

I really don''t care where the players come from as long as they can do a job for us!

By "do a job" do you mean help us get out of the championship by promotion? All I''ve seen from the signings so far have been mid table obscurity, we sell an experienced championship striker and replace with a German third tier player, massive gamble considering Nelson can''t be assed anymore.

DDD In The Fine City wrote the following post at 24/01/2018 1:46 PM:

.......... we sell an experienced championship striker and replace with a German third tier player, massive gamble considering Nelson can''t be assed anymore.

--------------------------------------------------------------

We sell a player who was on a high salary, whose style of play does not suit the present ideas of the coach (whether you like it or not), who has scored very few goals of late, who is long past his best and who we were able to pick up a fee for.

Instead we look at a young promising forward who may turn out to be good and who will not cost us a fortune.

Is there a problem there somewhere?

Low risk signing with potential. Cheaper than league 1 or 2. Also, Webber has always said he doesn''t like operating in the january transfer window. More players are available in the summer, without paying way over the odds...

Well shopping in league 1 costs £7m+ if Marriott rumours to palace are true. We can’t afford that.

This guy sounds alright, we just need another option to be honest. If he doesn’t work, Oliveira has had a needed rest and we try look in summer/ maybe Morris or Abrahams would be ready. If he works, we’re laughing.

These types of signings are fine provided they are to supplement the squad rather than replace all the more experienced players. I could live with us signing this guy and thr French kid to act as understudies to/different option to Oliveria. However selling both Jerome and Oliveira and replacing them with two unproven players from the french and german lower leagues would not be good. Not every signing of this type is going to come off in the way Zimmerman has.

Sometimes I don''t know what people expect...

We have limited funds (we can discuss the ownership all we want, but that''s the reality) and a model that relies on unearthing potential hidden gems from overseas, lower leagues, non-league etc. The lad will be a low risk signing costing under £1million (''6 figure sum'' is quoted in the article) and lower end wages. He''s clearly on form with his stats pointing towards a well rounded striker that''s currently and ''on the up''. He may turn out to be hopeless but I don''t see what you can be overly negative about at this stage!?

Low risk signing with potential. Cheaper than league 1 or 2. Also, Webber has always said he doesn''t like operating in the january transfer window. More players are available in the summer, without paying way over the odds...

That is OK but Akinfenwa would be a low risk signing and he has banged in 13 this season.

It can''t always be low risk. I am not advocating high risk but surely medium is where we should be.

Yeah... getting rid of proven goalscorers and replacing with hit and miss lower league German & French players... what do the 26''000 that turn up week in week out expect.... people... I don''t know...

Arise Sir Benny and welcome (if the rumour is true)We should be looking at lower league ENGLISH players they bleat, conveniently ignoring Godfrey, Raggett, Maddison, AbrahamsFor me it is a whole no adventure and see the back of Olive Oil will be no bad thingFar better to watch youngsters like Lewis, Maddison and Cantwell playing with the passion some of us on here feel about the club come kick off. To watch players like Vrancic develop into what the club saw in him, as with Trybull.This is not the rage bag of hopefuls we had passing through the club 20 years previous. These are promising players so lets sit back and see where the second half of the season takes us rater than endlessly whinging because we are not spending millions.

As fans we are spending millions, 8th highest cheapest season tickets in the country, highest in the championship, how great that we sell players like Pritchard and Jerome and replace them with German 3rd tier and attitude problem loan, yay!

[quote user="Mike "]Yeah... getting rid of proven goalscorers and replacing with hit and miss lower league German & French players... what do the 26''000 that turn up week in week out expect.... people... I don''t know...[/quote]

Cameron Jerome had been a great servant to the club but was far from a regular goal scorer this season. He was also allegedly on £20k+ per week - it appears sensible business to move him on at this point.

All incoming transfers are hit and miss regardless of where they are from or how experienced they are - our recent history of signing more expensive ''proven'' players will tell you that.

"That is OK but Akinfenwa would be a low risk signing"

He''s 35 & 16 stone. Just the sort of dynamic young prospect we need to be signing. :-)