Sign in to follow this  
nutty nigel

Along Came Norwich

Couldnt agree more NN,  are we now the positive(for sure) all else is history(100%) No Bogey Team(precisely) Run busting feckemall Naarich.We''re getting there.

Ludicrous to get carried away. For heavens sake, they had about three times the attempts on goal, more possession and we were hanging on by threads of fingernail. Another week of papering over cracks that are staring to look wider than ever.

We basically just sh*thoused our way to a scruffy and fortunate 1-0 win against Brentford. BRENTFORD. WE WERE HANGING ON AGAINST BLOODY BRENTFORD. Let that sink in for a minute. How have we fallen so far, so quickly?

And some people are celebrating the fact that we’ve caught the Scum. A team of nobodies and never will be’s That have consistently outperformed us all season. It now looks like we’re going to stay up too. No chance of a takeover, no chance of administration to force out the cook, no chance of seeing the Premier League again any time soon.

Everyone Out.

"A team of nobodies and never will be’s That have consistently outperformed us all season."

I''m not sure many 1p5wich fans would agreed that they had outperformed us all season. Forgive me if I''m wrong but didn''t we win at their place.

However football is a game of opinions and you have stated yours. For me any win is enjoyable. The second half clinging on is all part of the fun.

How dull life would be if everything was handed to us on a plate.

I don’t know why, but I felt we would win today despite Brentford’s home form. This is the sort of game we have built out season on. The only concern I had was playing Reed at right back without a winger in front of him.

Unfortunately I am just nowhere near as confident about next Saturdays game. I could almost guess the pattern of the game already - hopefully we can make some slight tactical changes going into it

[quote user="nutty nigel"]Brentford unbeaten in 13 home games then....

Gotta love it☺[/quote][Y] Allow me to ask you question, Nigel: Why are we performing better away from home?  

Well there''s a question Jools. I think we have been able to score first away from home more often than at home. Often special goals but we have had that little bit more room to score those goals. Four consecutive clean sheets away from home also tells a story. In fact since we conceded nine in the first three away games I think we have had seven shut outs. So maybe the defending and that little bit more space and time for our better players to score first.
last season we had an amazing home record but rubbish away. Perhaps next season we''ll combine both and win the league[:)]

We were hardly ''hanging on'', despite their higher possession they barely threatened the goal with any of their attempts (Gunn made no saves of note).

Brentford are a decent side, as their longer term form (particularly at home) will tell you. I''ve seen a lot of them in the last couple of years and some should accept that they are worthy of their place rather than it being a case of ''how we have fallen so far''. That suggests a billy-big-bollocks attitude that stinks and is one we can''t remotely justify.

BLOODY BRENTFORD. Pure ignorance. They are a good side and show what can be done on a limited fan base and budget. We were the underdog. I hate this lack of respect for other teams, it smacks of how the big teams see us, i.e Man-ure etc. Well done lads, lets have ambition and be self-sufficient rather than look to the fairy (foreign) godmother to put in money. The mewling moaners never change. Get with the programme dude.

Very entertaining first half with the one touch of class giving us the lead. We defended dep but took the game to them well on the counter, with Zimmermanns defence to attack push at the end of the first half highlighting that enterprise.

We started the second half in a similar vein, with murphy a whisker away from a though ball and Harrison Reeds rb dribble and shot just wide.

However we did then sit too deep and seemed to shut up shop - that did bring additional pressure on ourselves, the passing quality dropped, Nelson became more isolated and less stuck. Brentford are a good team but we did seem to bring that extra dose of pressure on ourselves, more hoofed clearances, less care / thought in the passing and movement.

Watkins didnt make it worse as some have suggested as Nelson impact had already vanished but nor did it help us move further back up the pitch more often.

Hitting smartly on the break is an effective tool and in the first half we carried it well. For me we should be looking carry this through the game it worked well again yesterday and give n our away from it is churlish to be over critical but we did have chances when we did hit fast.

A great result, bring on boro and the chance of a second double of the season.

ZLF-Zimmermann''s run was similar to the one he made in the Chelsea replay-I thought he wasn''t going to stop until he got into the stand with the Brentford fans!

I was surprised at how many Brentford crosses ended up safe in Gunn''s hands-10 at least I''d say-which is either an indication that they were having an off day or that our defence was keeping its shape and not allowing them to create chances.

I certainly didn''t think we were hanging on grimly at the end, although the quality of our clearances in the second half did invite more pressure as you have said.

I am hoping that one day we see Zimm run from our penalty area and just keep going until he gets caught in the opposition''s goal net. He has the potential to be a future Canary legend.

[quote user="corbs"]BLOODY BRENTFORD. Pure ignorance. They are a good side and show what can be done on a limited fan base and budget. We were the underdog. I hate this lack of respect for other teams, it smacks of how the big teams see us, i.e Man-ure etc. Well done lads, lets have ambition and be self-sufficient rather than look to the fairy (foreign) godmother to put in money. The mewling moaners never change. Get with the programme dude.[/quote]A word to the wise.The poster''s CV will tell you all you need to know [:D]

Didn''t see the game so won''t comment on that aspect.

Always delighted to win. Even better to win away.

I think the tide turning is maybe not apt just yet but we seem to have stopped the infuriating "spells" don''t win for 6, unbeaten for next 6 etc.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]Well there''s a question Jools. I think we have been able to score first away from home more often than at home. Often special goals but we have had that little bit more room to score those goals. Four consecutive clean sheets away from home also tells a story. In fact since we conceded nine in the first three away games I think we have had seven shut outs. So maybe the defending and that little bit more space and time for our better players to score first.
last season we had an amazing home record but rubbish away. Perhaps next season we''ll combine both and win the league[:)]
[/quote]

Scoring first has become really key in this Division and is one of the reasons we have struggled at home.

He find it difficult to get back into games and teams will dig in to protect their lead.

If our home form matched our away form we''d be 6 points better off and this messageboard would also be be a different place.

But then, if my Auntie had a...