Sign in to follow this  
PurpleCanary

It's all baffling

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="Bonzo"] As for nephew Tom? Leave him alone ffs. Presumably you are going to leave your house to your kids? This is no different. Your kids won’t demolish your house and Tom won’t wreck the club. It is not in his interests to do so.[/quote]My house does not have 25,000 turn up every fortnight to pay to have a look around and i own every single brick in my house and do not have about 6,000 who own a brick or two of it either.[/quote]To be fair though TIL, they are only going to leave the bricks that they own - not those of the 6000!

[quote user="Icecream Snow"]Jury''s still out for me at the moment.Whilst Farke has shown that he''s tactically strong, and very good at developing young players (eg Maddison and Lewis) there''s still a big question mark for me over the recruitment side under Webber.We know we''ve got to get the wage bill down, and to transition from a side buying expensive Premiership players in the twilight of their career, to buying and improving lower league gems, and using the academy.The decision to release Ruddy, Bennett, Lafferty, Bassong, Turner, Whittaker and Mulumbu was a no-brainer, but the real acid test is going to come in the summer. If we can''t afford to keep Pinto, Klose, Tettey, Hoolahan, Oliveria (and maybe Josh Murphy) it''s a huge ask to recruit players of that quality, when the likes of Franke, Stieperman, Husband and Vrancic are at the best bench warmers or aren''t featuring.[/quote]

I think that’s a bit unfair to be honest with you. Of those required in the summer. We’ve got zimm, trybul, Hanley, Gunn (yes a loan, but he was a HUGE risk to bring in as a #1 with no league experience) and was able to keep players of the likes of Pinto, Kline, Tettey, Oliviera for the season - which can’t be underestimated.

With stieps and Franke the jury should still very much be out for them still. Strep is by no means a natural left back but a very diverse midfielder. Most of what we’ve seen from has been out of position, and playing extremely well there at times too. Franke didn’t get a huge chance this season and his test will be when he comes back to us from loan, going by what Farke said this week.

I will say Husband seems a bit of a desperate grab. But I’m happy to have him in the squad for now as backup if needed.

And then we have the three new Germans who still have everything to prove and could go either way. But so far I would say the recruitment, retaining, promoting from within and releasing of players have been pretty exemplary this season.

[quote user="RUDOLPH FARKE"]Shooting themselves in the foot.......

How often has our Board supported a manager for too long before sacking him so late it attracted derision? It might be noble but the perceived wisdom is to replace early.

Aside from the Lambert years how often has our Board failed to get transfer business done in the Summer thus going into the season a key player light (striker or CH)?

As a result of the above how much has our Board squandered on January panic buys who no longer want to be here come the end of the season?

In terms of wasting money how many of those panic buys were pretty much a net loss having made no difference?

What difference would it have made to have invested 30 million of panic buy cash into new capacity?
I refuse to believe we could not achieve regular attendances of 32k with over 36k for certain games. That brings a bigger profile and increased revenue, especially as the building could have raised additional funds through non-matchday use.

As I have often said, I have only really ever known NCFC to succeed when they have brought in a maverick, someone who they fear to agree with but allow to lead and conversely NCFC is at its worst when the owner(s) try to call the shots.

Here we are: too prudent to fail, too prudent to succeed.[/quote]Based on what? There was a Dutch survey that came to the conclusion sacking early had no effect at all. Clubs that kept faith did just as well. As it happens that much-quoted survey was a load of tosh, and not to be relied on, but I have never seen any evidence that sacking early helped.And what do you mean by sacking early? The only definition I can think of (which was the one the Dutch survey used) would be sacking after a bad run of a few results. On that basis Farke would be out of a job, because he would have been given his P45 after we lost at home to Brentford. As several posters - two calling him a clown - demanded should happen that night.Luckily our directors didn''t panic in the way you obviously wanted them to. But then they also knew enough about football to realise that depriving the squad of 30m pounds of investment would actually have made a huge  and detrimental difference.

[quote user="Van wink"]Revealed: Gadaffi was ‘hours away’ from buying Man Utd

another one we missed out on[/quote]VW, re that, I have sent you a PM.

[quote user="......and Smith must score."][quote user="Essjayess"][quote user="lappinitup"]The  cook has been here over twenty years and still knows NOTHING about running a football club. [8o|]And don''t even get me started about all this nephewism stuff. [:@][/quote]......... You want them out Lappin?..fine, but be careful what you wish for.[/quote]If only they were all as easy as this Lapps....[:D][/quote]Have no idea if Lapps one liner was tongue in cheek or an actual short and sweet statement on what he thinks of Delia and co..i dont really care...not been on these forums long enough to gauge other fans long term inclinations on Delia''s reign..it gave me the chance to spout my unimportant opinions in this topic...which after all is what any forum is all about.

I''m even more baffled why we are discussing business models about our club.

We have no idea how to run a football club professionally because we have never done it.

I would imagine it is a pretty unique business.

[quote user="keelansgrandad"]I''m even more baffled why we are discussing business models about our club.

We have no idea how to run a football club professionally because we have never done it.

I would imagine it is a pretty unique business.[/quote]Well, if you''re going to apply that kind of "had to have done it"test then this forum would probably be reduced to Parma posting to himself...[;)]

[quote user="keelansgrandad"]I''m even more baffled why we are discussing business models about our club.

I would imagine it is a pretty unique business.[/quote]

Excuse me? You have no idea about my resume. How dare you even assume such things.

I personally have taken lowestoft to the premier league 3 times on 3 different football manager games! So there!

Well, if you''re going to apply that kind of "had to have done it"test then this forum would probably be reduced to Parma posting to himself...Wink [;)]

Why? I can see debating the staff, fixtures, matches, transfers, ground etc as being worthy of virtually everyone''s opinion.

But the way the club is actually run is a matter for experts with a view of the day to day happenings.

Fair enough if you want to debate it but I just have the opinion that we would have no comprehension.

Keelansgrandad,

You could be on dodgy ground here, perhaps change the ''we'' to most of us or I.

That said I get the sentiment.