Sign in to follow this  
Jerzy Krukowski

Worthy to Stay

Worthy''s Green n Yellow Army '' should be the chant for the Plymouth game, even if City are losing.

Why?.

Because some fans (who''s views change like the wind) would have him sacked after only 6 games regardless of whether it''s a good idea or not and with relentless zeal will only be happy when he''s been hounded out of the job. Because despite his failings, he''s likely to be here for the forseeable. Because supporting the team when they''re on the pitch is most likely to get us the 3 points and a good team performance. Because despite the rumours put about with no evidence, the players show no sign of having lost faith in him.  Because if the results continue to be poor, the board will get rid or he will resign without the self-appointed help of "supporters".

[quote]Worthy''s Green n Yellow Army '' should be the chant for the Plymouth game, even if City are losing. Why?. Because some fans (who''s views change like the wind) would have him sacked after only 6 games ...[/quote]

The fact that your tragic little thread Spat, has only resulted in two responses, and one of them mine, speaks volumes for Worthy''s popularity!. 

[quote]The fact that your tragic little thread Spat, has only resulted in two responses, and one of them mine, speaks volumes for Worthy''s popularity!.[/quote]

Or it shows that people with positive views about the club have become so bored and annoyed at the postings on here, and the constant doom and gloom, that they''ve gone elsewhere for more sensible football debate that doesn''t involve changing opinions every five seconds and calling for "the best fans in the country" to jeer their beloved team.

[quote]Or it shows that people with positive views about the club have become so bored and annoyed at the postings on here, and the constant doom and gloom, that they''ve gone elsewhere for more sensible foot...[/quote]

Absolutely spot on Evil Monkey !

oh dear Wiz, you really have shown what''s really the main point of your thread haven''t you, the number of responses you get. Has it escaped your attention that nearly every response (if not all) you''ve had is disagreeing with you? Oh and without being picky, before you criticise other''s spelling in another thread, you really should sort you own out lest you heap further embarrasment on yourself. As much as you might disagree, I belive the majority are rightfully unhappy with the current situation but don''t want to hear anti-worthy chanting at games and are prepared to give him more time. Get used to it.

Wiz, I didn''t realise that it was a competition for the most replies. Is that why your post''s have become more and more extreme recently?  What''s with all the chopping and changing your mind?  Do you think any of us are happy with the start we have made?The only way forward is to get behind the team and manager, because as Spat says in his (not) tragic thread Worthy is here to stay for the time being.

sadly too many people once again took the bait from another of Wiz''s posts furthering his ego which he gauges from the number of his own posts and the extent of the following correspondence (albeit frequently negative). If the many people who share that view declined to pursue the correspondence he "might" take the hint. Berating him achieves little except tedious tit-for-tat or yet another drawn out thread either justifying his superiority (courtesy of age, no of posts etc) or soliciting sympathy from his dwindling group of admirers when he feels persecuted with a dose of his own medicine. This forum would be so much better were it not for the many posts where the topic is more centred on Wiz than NCFC. His views are no more (and no less) meritable than any of the other posts.

Meanwhile, whilst I am as disappointed with the season so far as anyone else, I do not subscribe to the view that matters would improve without NW and certainly would not consider a campaign to oust him helping in any way.

If we still haven''t won a game after the scum match, and we are showin (sorry wiz "showing") no signs of improvement then a change has 2 be made IMO! but 4 now, worthy in, and lets really get behind him and the team on sat (sorry, "saturday")!!!!!

For people who want me to go, just remember this: Had it not been for me ''kick starting'' this thread, it would have just fizzled out.

Don''t all rush to say thanks. 

[quote]For people who want me to go, just remember this: Had it not been for me ''kick starting'' this thread, it would have just fizzled out. Don''t all rush to say thanks.[/quote]

Gee whiz Wiz youve saved a fizzle ! Thanks.

Point number one - I don''t think Worthy has improved the standard of football in the last two seasons and his transfer dealings during the close season were inadequate.

Point number two - the football so far this season has been avarage at best, abysmal at worst and I, like lots of other supporters are very disappointed/angry/frustrated.

Point number three - this forum should allow moans, groans and criticism (even if some of it goes over the top).

Final point - all true Norwich supporters will sing their hearts out at every game, even if wet, cold, p****d off. The team, and that includes Worthy, must get our full support otherwise we will be failing in our responsibilities. On the ball City!

Worthy deserves time to turn the situation around. Chants out are premature in my opinion for now. If things do not improve, then the likelihood is that he would fall on his sword in the next six games. If not then we might have real cause for concern.

I hope that does not happen for the obvious reason that we would still be losing, although maybe some people on here would be happy if that was the case! I sometimes wonder…

For now the best things that the fans who are there on Saturday is make as much noise as possible and bring back the FCR mentality. It might just kick start our season and lead back to the promise land of thirty pound plus ticket prices!

[quote]Point number one - I don''t think Worthy has improved the standard of football in the last two seasons and his transfer dealings during the close season were inadequate. Point number two - the footbal...[/quote]

Upon serious reflection, a damn fine post breaker, and I agree with you 100%!.

Getting back to the original post...

Quite right.

Nobody is pleased with this start to the season, but its not exactly all lost is it? Everyone felt ultra confident before the season started and now, after some poor results they all want Worthy out. 

Surely the problem there is unrealistic expectations. Not really Worthy''s fault.

I for one''ll be shouting Worthy''s Green n Yellow Army next Saturday

...albeit in front of a computer 10,000 miles away

Spat, if you want to keep him that''s fine but I would like to see an end to these threads moaning about fickle fans who want Worthington out after six games.

Whether you agree with them or not many people on here have made it very clear that the reason they want rid is based on his performance over a much longer period than the last few weeks, and that many of the things complained about this season are simply re-runs of old problems, or long-standing problems which still havent been addressed.

Whilst I can see the arguments both to retain and get rid of him, what would incline me to the latter is that he appears at worst to be unable, and at best extremely slow, to learn from his previous mistakes. 

Creative midfielder, my original post was merely to add a little balance in the face of constant Worthy out posts, culminating in the "let''s chant it at games" one. I agree there are pro''s and con''s to whether he should stay or go. Most of us recognise that problems exist that don''t seem to have been addressed and time will tell whether he has the ability to turn it round. What I don''t agree with is the suggestion that the majority of fans think he should go NOW. Especially when it comes from someone who changes his views like the wind and appears more interested in the number of posts and replies they get on this forum than the well being of the club. We keep losing and everyone (including the board) will be calling for change soon enough, start winning and the poor start will be forgotten.

It''s already been discovered that wiz listens to his games, rather then getting first hand views.

And before Wiz shouts 1st / 2nd class supporters etc.......

If i only listened to games via the radio ,i''d be rather less forward at shouting for worthy''s head.
I would also start listening to the vast majority on this board who are prepared to give worthy more time.

besides have you ever heard Neil Adams call for worthys head, where does wiz get his weird and wonderful ideas from.

[quote]Or it shows that people with positive views about the club have become so bored and annoyed at the postings on here, and the constant doom and gloom, that they''ve gone elsewhere for more sensible foot...[/quote]

Spot on - I haven''t bothered going on here for a week as it is all so boring.