Sign in to follow this  
The Leathermans Stag

Overly Optimistic

I can''t help reading some of the posts on here and think some of the optimists are going a little over the top on what is happening at the club

We are probably having our worst season in many a year, have our weakest squad which is almost entirely dependent on one player to create our goals.

If we then tie this into our weakest financial position for a number of years, I really see little hope for optimism

I haven''t even mentioned the dull football or the manager who I can barely understand when he speaks

To be fair he''s not wrong about this being one of our worse seasons in a long while.[img]https://i.imgur.com/zh6X1hh.png[/img]

They have everything for you men to enjoy

You can hang out with all the boys

To be fair he''s not wrong about this being one of our worse seasons in a long while.

I know points can be misleading as you could be higher in the table with less points.

It is the lack of goals and entertainment which upsets me the most.

We are in transition and as long as we don''t go down, I am happy to accept certain elements of our play, selection, transfers etc.

But if we continue like this next season after three windows then the tide of opinion will once again turn.

Despite the ultra optimism poured out on virtually all Lakey''s posts i think the OP is very much spot on. Apart from the Scum home game there really is very little to look forward to before the season ends. A season that promised so much has fizzled out with inconsistent performances throughout with the squad being downgraded to fit our financial situation which unfortunately will get no better going into next season and once the remaining jewels in  the crown have been sold what then ?

Have to disagree about the OP comments about  some posters being overly optimistic. Most of us fall into the either "generally optimistic" or "generally pessimistic" camps, with some switching  between the two every week or so dependent on results on the pitch.Im sure Lakey can speak for himself, but hes been mentioned, i never see him even as "overly optimistic", but for sure a guy who always lives with hope and optimism, nothing wrong with that. For instance, recently hes banged the drum about City could still have a chance of the play offs, albeit a small chance, that to me is a guy with hope and optimism, but not being overly optimistic.On the other hand, there has definitely been a few "overly pessimistic" guys, happily posting we are heading for L1. But overall i think the majority of City fans understand where we currently are at, and give sensible, reasoned opinions on this matter.

......and not forgetting those club apologist types, that won''t criticise or allow any criticism of the club, board, the squad or any on the pitch performances......yep, not one iota......

Which I personally find a bit ''strange''......Each to their own I suppose......?

[quote user="Yet Another Waveney Account"]I can''t help reading some of the posts on here and think some of the optimists are going a little over the top on what is happening at the club

We are probably having our worst season in many a year, have our weakest squad which is almost entirely dependent on one player to create our goals.

If we then tie this into our weakest financial position for a number of years, I really see little hope for optimism

I haven''t even mentioned the dull football or the manager who I can barely understand when he speaks[/quote]You''ll fit in well round here with that slightly xenophobic comment, we have loads of racist fans according to some people.

[quote user="Feedthewolf"][quote user="Yet Another Waveney Account"]I can''t help reading some of the posts on here and think some of the optimists are going a little over the top on what is happening at the club

I haven''t even mentioned the dull football or the manager who I can barely understand when he speaks[/quote]You''ll fit in well round here with that slightly xenophobic comment, we have loads of racist fans according to some people.[/quote]We''ve had a few successful managers in recent years where it would be fair to say English was their second language....[;)]

I also hope those that don''t want any ''furriners'' from the middle or far East taking over our club......aren''t classed as xenophobic.....either......?

[quote user="......and Smith must score."][quote user="Feedthewolf"][quote user="Yet Another Waveney Account"]I can''t help reading some of the posts on here and think some of the optimists are going a little over the top on what is happening at the club

I haven''t even mentioned the dull football or the manager who I can barely understand when he speaks[/quote]You''ll fit in well round here with that slightly xenophobic comment, we have loads of racist fans according to some people.[/quote]We''ve had a few successful managers in recent years where it would be fair to say English was their second language....[;)][/quote]Yeah, I know. Just wanted to point out that Waveney still hasn''t apologised for making direct accusations of racism against individual posters and against Norwich fans in general. The multiple accounts, the scampi nonsense, the Lambert fixation, is all just a bit of fun really... but accusing his own fans of racism and then being too pig-headed to be accountable for his appalling comments? Not on.

Leatherman, that last post is a direct contradiction of your original post. What a strange little creature you are-I have a picture of Gollum in my head right now 😝😝😝

[quote user="Van wink"]Do you still think we are all racists Leatherman?[/quote]Still burying his head in the sand, pretending that nothing happened. Such a shame that we have to share a club with such ignorant idiots.Still, every club has them I suppose.

Well I am not only optimistic, we have another 17 games to enjoy, but am looking forward to another chapter in our book (so to speak)I also ha,ppen to enjoy watching football, success is secondary(which apparently is not for some)me   

"Mentally fragile nutjobs"

Judging by your multiple personalities and current avatar, I think it''s fair to say self-awareness is one of many traits you don''t possess Waveney.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]The sound of a scratched record is almost audible on this thread. Time to change the tune.[/quote]If you''re referring to me, Tilly, not a chance (and you could have just asked directly rather than being cryptic). Are you defending Waveney''s comments, and thus saying people should be allowed to go around accusing people of racism without being held to account for it? That''s a very dangerous precedent to set.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]The sound of a scratched record is almost audible on this thread. Time to change the tune.[/quote]

I would be careful of how you interact with him before he develops a fixation with you. 😁😁😊😊

[quote user="The Leathermans Stag"][quote user="Hoola Han Solo"]Some posters getting very defensive about racism. Anything you want to share?[/quote]

Unfortunately the thread in question no longer exists!!!![/quote]It may be gone from public view, but it undoubtedly does exist, even if it is only in the archives of it''s rubber band operated hard drive......