Sign in to follow this  
Rogue Baboon

Deadline Day

Manchester City have bid for Mahrez at Leicester who I assume would want a replacement. If Maddison is still here at the close of the window it will be a huge relief

I''ve just seen someone in a tracksuit in Morrisons riverside who looks like a football and he was then heading to Nandos so we could be signing someone! ;)

Spurs signing Lucas Moura from PSG - hopefully that puts them out of signing Maddison for now. Mahrez to Man City, leaving a gap at Leicester? Would be a good fit for him, but I''d have thought Leicester would be looking further afield for a more experienced (and more expensive) replacement.

[quote user="lincsy88"]I''ve just seen someone in a tracksuit in Morrisons riverside who looks like a football and he was then heading to Nandos so we could be signing someone! ;)[/quote]

I think we should avoid signing anyone that looks like a football! They must have serious weight issues ;-)

[quote user="Splendid Rush"][quote user="lincsy88"]I''ve just seen someone in a tracksuit in Morrisons riverside who looks like a football and he was then heading to Nandos so we could be signing someone! ;)[/quote]

I think we should avoid signing anyone that looks like a football! They must have serious weight issues ;-)[/quote]

That made me LOL and spit coffee all over my desk at work, brilliant!

Remember we signed Elmander once, he was basically round

Jan Molby and John Hartson were rather round when they played for us. The club shop must have been so relieved when they signed - the XXXL shorts would have never been sold otherwise in those seasons.

Was about to post the same thing re Watkins. if it is true then frankly that is utterly staggering. Why on earth would we turn that down given our need for cash and the fact he is utter sh*t.

The other point of view is maybe if two teams challenging for promotion from the Championship want him then he isn''t as shit as we think.

Maybe a tax thing. If we sell him for £2m and we show that as profit this year we are likely to lose about £600k in tax. Sell him in the summer and it''s all to offset any spending/losses next year.

Plus there''s the aforementioned problem with selling home-grown players with the number required in the matchday squad planning to increase next year...

Another thought – didn''t he work with Murty in the youth setup? Maybe Murty has convinced him north of the border with the promise of first-team football before the season is out. BBC also reporting a ''healthy sell-on clause'', so if he does go on to big things we should at least get a cut of the profit. Still a big disappointment, though.

Don''t worry people. Many of us Tyre Deflaters, are currently on round the clock surveillance (some may call it stalking, but that''s just legal jargon) and I can re-assure you all, we are constantly ''close'' to James Maddison and his car, and are prepared to do what is best for the Norwich City fans.

I''m just glad I am on the afternoon shift, so I can get home for my tea....

[quote user="If we''d only kept Howie.."]look on the bright side... you''ll have plenty to moan about then won''t you?

i wonder what you''ll do if the "german third division striker" is a success? probably find something else to moan about.

Well it depends on what you define a success? Currently most defend our German recruitment who have all contributed to our lofty mid table position.

So in my eyes, none of the German contingent have been particularly successful so far, and I don’t hold much hope for the the new batch.

Of course my cynicism will be deemed unfair, and I should be affording the new players ample ‘bedding in’ time. But as a club of our supposed stature in this league, replacing one proven championship striker for an unproven German third division one, is pretty appalling ambition.