Sign in to follow this  
lake district canary

Maddison not sold before window shuts

klose, oliveira, maddison - all gone in the summer ldc

as should delia be, but she wont be, and it will be div 2 and 3 yoyo club until she does.wonderful

I’ve only seen one post saying he was going this windo. Most people have accepted that unless we are promoted he will be gone in the summer.

I know people are very unfair to you LDC but I think you are a tad unfair about the Maddison saga.

Nobody, but nobody, and I don''t count binners in this, wants Maddison to leave. He is the brightest prospect we have had in countless years. Probaby Hucks was the most comparable. For so long we have wanted a real flair player in midfield and now we have one.

It does make for good discussion on how he would have done last season. Maybe got us in the play offs and saved Neill his job?

Many of us no doubt kept looking at the transfer deadline just in case a big offer came in late on. Luckily it either didn''t or if it did wasn''t good enough.

So the "miserablists" may find something else to chew on but I doubt any of them wanted what you allude to.

[quote user="keelansgrandad"]

So the "miserablists" may find something else to chew on [/quote]I think we can be pretty certain that they will - even if we''d splashed on £100m on bringing in Sanchez and Vardy to solve our striker problems there would still be some on here complaining that Delia should go because she''s too tight to bring in some cover for right back!!

Good he''s staying, can''t see him being here past the summer though.

We need to start diversifying our attack a bit - since boxing day Maddison has either scored or assisted all but two of our league goals. Take him out and we''d be toothless.

And breathe. We can now relax and try to enjoy the rest of the season. We have Maddison at the very least to the end of the season and three new players to try to integrate into the team. Who knows this final third might be one of extreme excitement and anticipation.

If, and it is an “if”, results pick up in the rest of the season, we might say to Maddison “give us six months, if we’re not looking like we stand a good chance of promotion, we’ll sell you in January”, could it work? We’d probably get a higher fee, he’d get more time to develop at a club that seems to suit him. Win win?