Sign in to follow this  
Midlands Yellow

Who's exiting the Premiere come May .

Can''t remember seeing a tighter relegation scrap at this stage of the season before .The bottom team are two wins from being mid table . I''ll be brave and go for Huddersfield,Newcastle and hopefully Bournemouth to join them . That said you can perm any 3 from a good 10 at this point .

Demonstrates what a failure it has becomeMan City are almost certs to win the title, five below are battling for the riches the Champions league can bring, two look safe while over half are as good as in the relegation battle (though some look safer)Yet we are constantly told that clubs have consoladated (whatever that is supposed to mean), whereas the very four who are supposed to have achieved this higher state of Nirvana are the very clubs who make up the bottom four of the PLI suspect it will be a case of who ever happens to be in the bottom three on that particular day goes down (obviously) but the point is that so many will be within a point or two that it is almost a lottery.And unless you bounce straight back up your fate can well be that of Hull, Bolton, Blackpool,  Blackburn or Sunderland. Or just that of Cardiff Birmingham, QPR etc who just collapse into mid table mediocrity.The suggestion being that it is as much a danger to be out of the PL with a name beginning with B as it is to be in the PL with a name beginning with S.

Seems to me that the baggies are down, but I seem to remember them getting out of this situation before !I''d like to see Swansea go down, for no other reason then they should not be in the English Premier League !next Crystal Palace (sorry Hululess)  and Bournemouth because they are both heavily backed but always clam to be a small club.    

[quote user="Hoola Han Solo"]Swindon thinking the Welsh team should be relegated. Your xenophobic Brexiteer qualities shining through.[/quote]Explain to me why Cardiff, Swansea, Newport and Wrexham are in the English football league, yet every other Welsh team has to play in the Wales League ?  I know the standard answer is that there was no Welsh league before they were formed, but I believe they should now return to their leagues. Either that or make it a British league  and allow the Scottish in the league as well. It''s nothing to do with  ''xenophobic Brexiteer qualities'' It''s common sense.  

Brighton and Huddersfield look most likely to me and could be adrift by the end. Third one could be one of several - between Newcastle and West Brom?

Looking at the table now, with just 6 points covering 11th to bottom, it really is incredibly tight in there. It gives the new clubs a good chance of staying up this season I guess.

Looking at current form, I would hazard a guess at;

Brighton (Cannot score for toffee, worst goal difference from the past 10 games)

Huddersfield (As last night displayed, they just cannot defend at the moment, and also, don''t look like scoring)

Then one of from the others with little to pick between them. I think Watford could be in trouble if they don''t start picking up points soon. West Brom, probably depends on the impact Sturridge has.

Personally, would love to see all the new teams stay up and get some other teams come down for a change, like Swansea, West Brom, Stoke

Personally I hope Brighton (gloating at our place and selling champions scarf only not to win the title) ,Stoke (never really liked them would like to see them go down) and West Brom (easy away day to get too and always seem to see us win there) go down but I think it will be Brighton, Huddersfield and god I cant choose the other one, very tight indeed.

Surprised nobody has really mentioned Newcastle.

Unhappy manager, owner wants shot, struggling to bring in players and still have Man U, Liverpool, Arsenal, Chelsea and Spurs to play.

[quote user="SwindonCanary"][quote user="Hoola Han Solo"]Swindon thinking the Welsh team should be relegated. Your xenophobic Brexiteer qualities shining through.[/quote]Explain to me why Cardiff, Swansea, Newport and Wrexham are in the English football league, yet every other Welsh team has to play in the Wales League ?  I know the standard answer is that there was no Welsh league before they were formed, but I believe they should now return to their leagues. Either that or make it a British league  and allow the Scottish in the league as well. It''s nothing to do with  ''xenophobic Brexiteer qualities'' It''s common sense.  [/quote]I cant explain as i dont know Swindon, but obviously its a thing that has its roots going back back a century or more. But in reality, not just in sport, while the Welsh do have a Celtic past, which actually a few areas in England do have also, Wales have an affinity with England thats much closer than Scotland and even in sport football is not the only area where the two nations combine of course, such as Cricket.You might believe that they should now return to their leagues. but you are in a very very very small minority who think that way im sure. Cardiff have as much right to play in our leagues as Colchester and Newport as Norwich, long may it be the case.As for the Prem, its any 3 from 12 right now, but like Hercule right said, itll be the 3 who occupy  the bottom 3 on the last day..logical but  at this point in time, very difficult to say which 3.

Almost a nailed on certainty these days that the Play Off winners come straight back down - is it 4 years on the spin now with no. 5 looking like Huddersfield.

[quote user="CANARYKING"]Huddersfield are sinking fast, wonder if Pritchard might regret his move come May[/quote]

Huddersfield in freefall.

Along come Norwich.

Insert clause in Pritchard deal dependent on Huddersfield staying up.

Huddersfield get relegated.

Loser Delia all over. Would never have happened under Chase.

[quote user="AJ"]Looking at the table now, with just 6 points covering 11th to bottom, it really is incredibly tight in there. It gives the new clubs a good chance of staying up this season I guess.

Looking at current form, I would hazard a guess at;

Brighton (Cannot score for toffee, worst goal difference from the past 10 games)

Huddersfield (As last night displayed, they just cannot defend at the moment, and also, don''t look like scoring)

Then one of from the others with little to pick between them. I think Watford could be in trouble if they don''t start picking up points soon. West Brom, probably depends on the impact Sturridge has.

Personally, would love to see all the new teams stay up and get some other teams come down for a change, like Swansea, West Brom, Stoke[/quote]Indeed. They have scored fewer goals than anyone else. And it will be interesting to see if Hughton moves away from the ultra-cautious approach (not just starting with a defensive mindset but not changing it during the game even when losing, or drawing a must-win match) he showed in his previous two relegation fights, with us and in his first season with Brighton.With us we only came from behind to get a result three times (all at home and all in the first half of the season), getting two draws and one win. With Brighton, over half a season, he didn''t manage it once, home or away. Not even a draw after being behind. And so far this season just two draws, again both at home.

Southampton no wins in 12 and a manager who looks like a startled rabbit in headlights are in big trouble.I would not be surprised if he gets the heave ho after tonight and panic sets in throughout the club.My Huddersfield season ticket holder friend who lives in Norwich thinks they will come back down.The third team in my mind is West Brom.

I thought Bournemouth, Brighton and Swansea at the season''s start.

I still think Brighton but have added Huddersfield.

Bournemouth keep defying the odds so they might just make it. And Carvalho continues his ability to get results first season in a new job. And they have Ayew back.

I think WBA are renowned battlers and will do enough. If you were going to back a team not to concede out of the bottom few it would be the Baggies. But just maybe the fans decision that Pulis brand of football was OK then but not now could blow up in their faces.

Saints don''t look good at the moment and I may be wrong but didn''t notice them bringing anyone in despite the £75M. They may well be gambling a bit too much with what their selling policy is.

It could be interesting next season. Redmond and Pritchard back in the Championship.

Brighton, Southampton and Huddersfield,  I reckon, and the main reason being that they simply do not score enough goals. Brighton only ever play for draws under Mr Negative, so must be absolute certainties.   

Southampton have scored more goals - 25% more, to be precise - than Burnley who are 7th in the League, Paul.

In fact, Southampton have scored more than five teams who are outside the relegation zone. So I doubt their lack of finding the net is their main issue.