Sign in to follow this  
BobLoz3

McLean and Madders

Just reading the story on the homepage today, about how K Mac doesn''t expect to be reunited with Madders here next season. I mean, we all realise James is going to be a man in demand, but are those kinds of stories helpful? Unless it''s the start of a cleverly crafted and drawn out media ''good vibes'' story and we do retain Maddison''s services after all. But I think I''m reading too much into that, perhaps...

I''d rather players were realistic to be honest and said what they meant.
Anyone with an ounce of sense realises Madders is gone in the summer (with nothing but our best wishes and thanks for his efforts!).
What on Earth would be the point in him saying how much he is looking forward to it when everyone knows it''s not happening in a million years? 
Don''t see an issue with this story - pleased to have signed a guy who is happy to talk sense rather than PC platitudes. Not going to affect anything in terms of value etc.

He''s only said what most people think anyway (and maybe a touch of flattery if JM is still here next season) and it won''t make a jot of difference to what actually happens. 

People have to accept that players either stay on message and spout anodyne B/S or sometimes they say what they really think, which can be a bit more interesting.  But in this case it strikes me as pretty innocuous given he''s not even at City yet.