Sign in to follow this  
Cheeky Monkey

Does it really matter....

....who has been the longest supporter, spent the most in the club shop, been to the most games etc etc to see who''s the "best supporter".  Can''t we all stop this childish behaviour and get back to suuporting our lads to get back to the top of the table.

[quote]....who has been the longest supporter, spent the most in the club shop, been to the most games etc etc to see who''s the "best supporter". Can''t we all stop this childish behaviour and get back to su...[/quote]

Hear Hear

[quote]....who has been the longest supporter, spent the most in the club shop, been to the most games etc etc to see who''s the "best supporter". Can''t we all stop this childish behaviour and get back to su...[/quote]

Yes, I can stop this childish behaviour today, but only if posters stop asking me childish questions, ie:

1. Why don''t you go and support Chelsea?.

2. But you don''t go to games do you, so your opinion is not as valid as mine is it?. (my favourite)

3. I supported City for 10 years, so I''m better than you!. (has to be answered)

4. I hate moaner''s like you, so you must be an Ippo fan.

5. Ban that poster!.

6. You are not a City supporter if you question the manager, board or the bloody tea lady!.

7.  Why bother supporting City.

8. I bet you were one of the boo boys.

9. Don''t read so and so, he''s an idiot (yes, I have seen that)

10. I doubt you''ve ever been to Carrow Road.

So you see Cheeky Monkey, sometime''s you just HAVE to reply to a posters question, even yours!.  

The word is informed not valid.  Just setting the record straight.

Don''t even think of replying and starting all that again.

What breakfast cereal did Ashley Ward''s wife advertise?

Oh well, if we are just setting the record straight Nobby, as numerous match attendees on this board are presumably all "informed" but seeing different things how valid is anyone''s input over another. There, I think we have it straight now.

It does matter!   I was there in 1902 when the club was founded and I have been to every game be it home, away, friendlies, you name the game I was there!  I even pulled on the yellow jersey in October of 1927 when our then  forward Dan Druff dislocated both shoulders and broke his neck when an errant goat ran onto the field and collided with him.

So in closing, I am an uber fan and without doubt the most loyal this club has ever seen.  Do not question me, my opinion is always right and cannot be argued with!  I am without a doubt a (cue the Harry Enfield brum voice) considerably better fan than yow!

[quote]It does matter! I was there in 1902 when the club was founded and I have been to every game be it home, away, friendlies, you name the game I was there! I even pulled on the yellow jersey in Octobe...[/quote]

but do you have every programme ever issued Saint, i have had to buy another house just to accommodate them

Yeah, whatever........."But I''m the most loyal supporter still!"

And if you''ve all got a spare 48 hours, I''ll explain to you in great and intricate detail why!

"AND IT DUZ MARRER!"

[quote]nobby G it was Special K, just one of those useless facts you remember about former players[/quote]

Bingo!  Correct Answer.

Squad numbers were introduced into the Premier in August 1993.  If our back 5 was Gunn, Culverhouse, Newman, Butterworth, Bowen what was the combined total on their backs? 

[quote]but do you have every programme ever issued Saint, i have had to buy another house just to accommodate them[/quote]

Gazza, I have my own personal library for all the match programmes.  When the club were really desperate for money I used to buy five or six copies and use them as wall/tiolet paper.

I also came up with the song "On the ball city" and I used to sing it while busking outside Carrow Road, with all monies going to City.

I would also like to point out that I built parts of Carrow Road with my bare hands and got some very nasty splinters.

I changed my name by deed poll to reflect my passion for the club. 

I am now known as Mr Norwich City.  Geoffrey Watling was in fact my apprentice and should have had Junior after the Mr Norwich City tag he stole/borrowed from me.

I also invented the Canary after combining a chaffinch with a bucket of paint as well as being the main reason why we changed from blue and white halves to yellow shirts.  I told them that those blue and white halved shirts were rubbish and only fit to grace the Lancashire steelworkers third division - ladies and gentlemen I also gave you Blackburn Rovers.

answers on a post card to wiz?

1. Why don''t you go and support Chelsea?.
(please do and lets us support our team)

2. But you don''t go to games do you, so your opinion is not as valid as mine is it?. (my favourite)
(mine to,because its the truth)

3. I supported City for 10 years, so I''m better than you!. (has to be answered)
(not relevant - living on past glorys / failures)

4. I hate moaner''s like you, so you must be an Ippo fan.
(you''ll always get one and you are NCFC''s champion moaner)

5. Ban that poster!.
(pretty harsh as i always have a giggle at your posts)

6. You are not a City supporter if you question the manager, board or the bloody tea lady!.
(not true, but only if you have valid reasons which you have none)

7. Why bother supporting City.
(because the wiz only sees yellow and green and personally I wouldn''t want to see anyone support the binman no matter how much he moans)

8. I bet you were one of the boo boys.
(only if they play two-way radio into the crowd at carrow road!)

9. Don''t read so and so, he''s an idiot (yes, I have seen that)
(worth a read if you feeling down)

10. I doubt you''ve ever been to Carrow Road.
(me too)

have fun

What really matters in my view is respect for each other.

Those who do not get to games should repect the views of those who do....they were there and saw for them selves.

Those who do go should repect the fact that many of us because of geography, constant sell outs, health (it does anger me to see the obviously unwell wiz derided for his non-attendance when it is clear that he would be there but for his health especially when there are all sorts of valid reasons to deride him) or family responsibilities cannot get to the games.  Deride locals who choose to go to the shops rather than fill empty seats at FCR but not the rest of us.  Have you tried to get a casual ticket in the last few years?

Those who go should respect the fact that 12 games were live on sky last season, radio, canaries world, websites and press coverage do give nonattenders some idea what is going on. How many of us were in Belfast last night yet we all have opinions on what happened

Apart from subterfuge binners, we all love the canaries.  Whether this is your first season or your 50th, share that love in adversity and success.  Respect and admire those who feel the same irrespective of the minor disagreements between us.  Most viewpoints have a legitimate opposite which can be held without falling out.

Respect:

A man crossing a bridge in Norwich sees another about to jump inthe Wensum.

"Wait" he says"Let''s talk. There must be another way.  Are you a canaries fan?"

"Yes".  "Great, me too. Since when?"

"1976". "Great, me too. Season ticket?"

"Yes". "Great me Too. Snakepit?"

"Yes" "Great me too. Worthy in or out?"

"In". "Me too. Drury or Charlton?"

"Drury". "Me too. Brennan or Huckerby?"

"Huckerby". "Me too.  Gallacher or Ward for the bench"

"Gallacher"

"Are you mad?  Call youself a true supporter? Die imposter!!!"

Man pushes second man off bridge and goes home cursing undercover binners whilst congratulating himself on being a true fan.

UNITED IN OUR LOVE FOR CITY

cambridgecanary, i hope you know my response to wiz was only a joke/banter.

Not everyone can attend every game for what ever reason, this includes myself.
your right about one thing we all love the canaries, it''s what gives us the drive and the passion and of course beating the binman!!!

opinions are always going to vary, we all must learn to live with that.

Yes Ronbol, I do accept what you say but there are other attacks of a similiar nature and in view of Wiz''s decsion to quit this board, I think it is regrettable.

As I said, there are plenty of valid reasons to have a pop at Wiz if you disagree with him but I do think his attendance at FCR is not one.