Sign in to follow this  
lake district canary

The season still has more than 1/3 to go.

"What I see on here is people trying to be certain about things - but nothing is certain in football, or anywhere else for that matter. "

Absolutely LDC!

I re-read Iris Murdoch''s The Sea The Sea the other day; one of the characters was talking about proof by induction (which is the basis of science), & quoted Russell''s Chicken:

The farmer''s wife keeps a chicken. Every morning she goes out & feeds it corn.

Then one morning she goes out & wrings its neck.

[quote user="ron obvious"]"What I see on here is people trying to be certain about things - but nothing is certain in football, or anywhere else for that matter. "

Absolutely LDC!

I re-read Iris Murdoch''s The Sea The Sea the other day; one of the characters was talking about proof by induction (which is the basis of science), & quoted Russell''s Chicken:

The farmer''s wife keeps a chicken. Every morning she goes out & feeds it corn.

Then one morning she goes out & wrings its neck.[/quote]Indeed Ron - expectation can be a wonderful thing...until it isn''t!  I used to live next to a field where the sheep would all run towards the farmer when they saw him, thinking he would always be bringing them food in his trailer....little did they know he would one day be taking their children away....and if you have ever heard a flock of sheep all calling out in desperation at once just after the event, it''s almost enough to make you weep.  Football is brilliant - you can be poor for the majority of a season but put a run together and finish the season on a high - its just that people get used to seeing poor football and they start to accept it as the norm.....the art of a good manager is to make sure the players don''t get sucked into a similar mindset - that they can still achieve great things, even when everybody around them seems to think otherwise.

It is ‘possible’ that I will end up engaged in a three way with Kelly Brooke and Megan Fox this weekend! Not likely but possible 🙏🏻

It is ‘possible’ that I will end up engaged in a three way with Kelly Brooke and Megan Fox this weekend! Not likely but possible 🙏🏻

Even LDC is not that speculative!

Mathematically it is all to play for - both up and down the table. Personally I have felt for some time that we will finish higher mid table for a couple of months -and the season is about watching the squad embed coaching principles and introducing some younger players in prep for next season.

We will simply not be dragged near the relegation battle - we are occassionally awful but that is simply part of the inconsistency.

In my head we need at least 74 points to make play offs - so another 37pts out of the 54 we have left. We have done that type of finish before and I am not sure that level of consistency is in this squad just yet - over 2pts per game. Last seasons bar was 80pts and its possible it will be that high again.

The signs of progress are there and its good to see - and I am excited at watching it develop. That is the reason this season is far from over - improving to get to a c8th position would be a good end to the season, if not the season we had all hoped for.

As for the play off an independent view can be seen here - with a table half way down the page.

Apologies for the lack of clicky - but their analysis is excellent and usually accurate - they have us with a miniscule chance of play offs and an even small chance of relegation.

https://experimental361.com/2018/01/21/return-of-the-e-ratings-championship-21-jan-2018/

Oh dear Lakey, it seems you’ve upset those that are more interested in the personal gratification of being correct than those City supporters that aren’t fussed about being right or wrong come the end of the season. No harm in dreaming fella, part and parcel of following your team each season (well, for some 😉)

You are of course absolutely right though, can’t see anything wrong with your statement. The slim possibility does indeed remain, unlikely, but entirely possible 👍

[quote user="Van wink"]Dont think I will be eating lamb for a few days 😀[/quote]I''ve been put off meat for good from what I''ve seen.  The journey meat and poultry goes on from what you see in a field to what ends up in a shop is barbaric in the extreme.

hogesar wrote the following post at 27/01/2018 9:07 AM:

Yeah but it tastes good.

Ah but is that reason to excuse child abduction and mass murder.

lake district canary wrote the following post at 26/01/2018 9:41 AM:

ron obvious wrote:

"What I see on here is people trying to be certain about things - but nothing is certain in football, or anywhere else for that matter. "

Absolutely LDC!

I re-read Iris Murdoch''s The Sea The Sea the other day; one of the characters was talking about proof by induction (which is the basis of science), & quoted Russell''s Chicken: The farmer''s wife keeps a chicken. Every morning she goes out & feeds it corn. Then one morning she goes out & wrings its neck.

Indeed Ron - expectation can be a wonderful thing...until it isn''t! I used to live next to a field where the sheep would all run towards me thinking I would always be bringing them food in my trailer....little did they know I was there in my Wellington boots ready for some sweet loving action....and if you have ever heard a flock of sheep all calling out in desperation at once just after the event, it''s almost enough to make you cum twice.

Long way to go, playing with a style and fluidity that is certainly good enough to move us up the table.

Disregard the Sheffield game, we are now back on the horse.

On the horse?

I thought it was on the boat. Unless we''re on the horse on board.

That would be just typical Norwich, doing things the hard way ...

I still don''t think we''re making the play offs.

On Christmas Day we were 10 points off the top 6. Since then we''ve taken 13 points from 18 and yet we''ve only closed the gap by two points.

ron obvious wrote the following post at 27/01/2018 7:37 PM:

On the horse?

I thought it was on the boat. Unless we''re on the horse on board.

That would be just typical Norwich, doing things the hard way ...

"on the boat". whatever are you on Ron!

Strange how the way points are picked up does not always follow the same path as fans feelings towards a string of results. We are now 3 games into probably the hardest run of 8 games of the season. If we had gotten 2 hard earned draws at Bristol and Brentford and a home win to Sheff Utd, it wouldave been 3 games unbeaten and 5 points and probably decently satisfied most City fans. But losing to United, coming as it did just couple of days after the awesome display at Chelsea, really did deflate  some fans. And yet we find ourselves with 6 points from those 3 games.Probably proves to us all that a 46 game season is indeed a marathon and with 17 still to play everythings still to play for.

Or, if we''re closing it by 2 points every six games, we need another 24 games to close it out.

We''re in very good form. Right now though the teams in 5th and 6th are in better.

All we need to do (can do) is keep ''closing the gap''

Some of the teams above will drop off. Injuries always play a big part in shallow squads, particularly as the season moves into its latter stages, what we do need is plenty of luck.

No what we need is to pick up wins at home.

Away form is promotion form. The home form is relegation form.

The result is us stuck in mid table, which is where it averages out.

To prove your point the last 6 games form table is worth a look, sadly found it on the unmentionables site, but check it here -

https://www.twtd.co.uk/league-tables/competition:championship/form/matches:6/type:home-and-away

[quote user="lake district canary"]Message for all those who think the season is "over".  Nothing is decided, not promotion, not play off, not relegation, not mid-table mediocrity, not anything - nothing is set in stone. New players in, old players out and anything is possible, we might go up the table, we might go down the table...we might do a bit of both...Plenty of life left in this season!

[/quote]As seen yesterdayA big fella upfront, another rated midfielder, someone to blaze down the wing and a wonderboy to show us his magicVrancic has come good as has Klose and Lewis, with Reed ably filling in at RBand Maddison puts the belief back in supporters.We''ve nothing to lose so lets enjoy where this takes us"Up and ''at ''em, I say ! "

Another great result away from home, Farke’s system works well away from home certainly defence tightened up, but lacking goals, which might cost us more points at home!

I don’t think there’s much chance of top 6 but it’s certainly looking better than expected, but to have any chance of top 6 next season Maddison must stay next year! He’s certainly earned us more than a dozen points this year.