Sign in to follow this  
lake district canary

The season still has more than 1/3 to go.

Message for all those who think the season is "over".  Nothing is decided, not promotion, not play off, not relegation, not mid-table mediocrity, not anything - nothing is set in stone. New players in, old players out and anything is possible, we might go up the table, we might go down the table...we might do a bit of both...Plenty of life left in this season!

[quote user="Wings of a Sparrow"]Haven’t you already said this LDC?[/quote]

Probably. I''ve just got fed up with seeing pronouncements from people every day saying the season is over, when it palpably isn''t! [:O]

You are right though, the season isn''t over. Our promotion chances are

[quote user="JF"]You ever get that feeling of deja vu?[/quote]Yes, a hell of a lot of it.

A lone voice in the wilderness but one that''s good to hear. Deja vu it maybe but welcome nonetheless as the deja vu doom relentlessly takes over the board.

But Lakey, are you realistic? I see realism is once more the claim made by the harbingers of doom. I''ll let you into a little secret, one of those realistic doom mongers is still waiting for Goran Maric to outscore Grant Holt. You couldn''t make it up....

It was more a case of deja vu, as it is the same post he made on the Maddison thread a few minutes before this one...

With Maddison likely to leave before the end of the month and new players to integrate, this season is over in terms of the play-offs. What we can do is strengthen and get organised for a promotion push next season.

To be honest LDC I''m getting bored with you and your positivity.It isn''t a normal or rational attitude for a proper football supporter, Jesus even Man C supporters are less positive than you. Relax, rebel, be negative for once. You might quite get to like it.We do [;)]

Capt. Pants wrote the following post at 25/01/2018 7:43 PM:

With Maddison likely to leave before the end of the month and new players to integrate, this season is over in terms of the play-offs. What we can do is strengthen and get organised for a promotion push next season.

That realism is quite clearly attempted doom mongering....

Was quietly optimistic before the Sheff Utd game but I think it’s a long shot now...

Still though, 9 point gap, it’s been done before and it’s not impossible. I’m just gonna enjoy the mid table, stress free and a chance to see who’s up for a big push next season.

If I was you GeeJay I''d avail myself of the 200/1 that''s readily available on your scenario. I don''t know much about realism but it''s 20/1 to get in the play offs.

He''s right though we have three new players and we could go on a run.

Unlikely though and the Sheffield result was a very bitter blow.

[quote user="king canary"]Saying ''were extremely unlikely to make the play offs'' is realism.[/quote]
And saying we''re ten times more likely to reach the playoffs than be relegated is also realism? 

Good job there is still a third to go or else you season ticket holders would be paying Chelsea prices.

If anyone ever bothered to read my posts properly, they would understand that it is not uber positive to say that play offs are still possible, it is just saying wht is.   They are still possible. Relegation is still possible.   What I see on here is people trying to be certain about things - but nothing is certain in football, or anywhere else for that matter.  People can be comfortable in their certainty, that is up to them, but my certainty is that nothing is certain.  If that is hard to understand so be it, but anything can stil happen this season, from a bad run down towards the bottom, to a good run up towards the top. Nothing stays still for long - and we have a great set up imo. Yay, Lakey says play offs are possible, let''s slag him off and say it isn''t possible - but the truth is they are possible. Saturday is another step of the journey in a season that still has a lot of games in it. Will it help us or hinder us in our quest for improvement this season? Time will tell.

Realistically we need to win 13/14 of our last 18 games to end up at around 80 points which I expect may be enough for the playoffs this year. Not impossible, but extremely unlikely.However, it *is* possible.

There is a difference between saying ''we can mathematically make the play-offs'' and ''I think we can actually make the playoffs.''

Most fans realise that mathematically it''s still possible to make the play-offs just as it is still possible to get relegated. We don''t need fortnightly reminders from you for that. We had it all last season with your obsession we could still finish in the top 2. Yes it was mathematically possible but anyone with eyes could see it wasn''t happening.

You''re of course welcome to believe we''ll still make it but you can''t expect everyone else to share your delusion.

Vacuous statements like ''Saturday is another step of the journey in a season that still has a lot of games in it. Will it help us or hinder us in our quest for improvement this season?

Time will tell.''

...is just using an awful lot of words to say absolutely nothing.

There is a difference between saying ''we can mathematically make the play-offs'' and ''I think we can actually make the playoffs.''

Most fans realise that mathematically it''s still possible to make the play-offs just as it is still possible to get relegated. We don''t need fortnightly reminders from you for that. We had it all last season with your obsession we could still finish in the top 2. Yes it was mathematically possible but anyone with eyes could see it wasn''t happening.

You''re of course welcome to believe we''ll still make it but you can''t expect everyone else to share your delusion.

Vacuous statements like ''Saturday is another step of the journey in a season that still has a lot of games in it. Will it help us or hinder us in our quest for improvement this season?

Time will tell.''

...is just using an awful lot of words to say absolutely nothing.