Sign in to follow this  
Lessingham Canary

Michelle "Chelle" Dack minutes applause on 52 mins this Saturday

Call for supporters all attending on Saturday, by now most of you will be aware of the passing of Michelle, taken from this earth far too soon at the tender age of 52, a true superfan who managed over 900 consecutive matches. There is a call for a minutes applause on the 52nd minute to acknowledge and show our love for one of our own, so lets all get behind this and show her husband Ian and family that her Norwich City family have her in firmly in our thoughts. The club are putting her picture on the big screen approx 10 minutes before kick off, but it would be great to get the whole ground up on the 52 minute marker.OTBC

Bump ********Also @ SwindonCanary wrote;Will the club inform us when the 52nd minute arrives ?I dont know at the moment, we hope so, there was contact with the club today (not by me) and they said they were going to show Michelle on the big screen around 10 minutes befor KO, and also Adrian Forbes is hoping to mention the 52min tribute in the pre match build up, but of course if enough fans are aware and commit to it, i''m sure the whole ground will join in and make it a fitting tribute.

I would be doubtful that the club could make any announcement during the game, also any tribute before the game would require the ref, the other team etc being involved.The minutes applause comes from Equity who have long used this as a tribute to members who have passed away, with the minutes applause being standing, as in the final curtain where a performance is marked by a standing ovation.Lets hope all at Carrow Road stand on Sat on 52mins, and the club announces before the game who is being remembered... a genuine supporter, taken far too soon.

Not difficult to work out when we get to 52 minutes the screens behind the goals clearly display it.

I sure if all who read this or the edp start the applause it will be followed. A tribute that we should endorse with some vigour.

OTBC

It will presumably be similar to with John Hurt - I believe that was in the 74th(?) minute and they did put a picture on the big screen. People will get to know about it and what''s going on, and will be able to pay their respects.

[quote user="CANARYKING"]Madison joined in[/quote]

Did you see his tweet to Michelle’s husband?

So sorry to see this Ian. If there’s anything I can do let me know.. tickets? Signed boots? Completely up to you. RIP Michelle. #ncfc @ian_m1

Quality off the field as well as on.