Sign in to follow this  
CANARYKING

Norwich traffic

Is it me or is it getting worse ? We’re normally back at Halesworth by 6:15, 6:30 at the latest, today 7 ! It seems having the guys in yellow jackets surrounding the ground have made it slow up, anybody agree ?

We used to be able to cut down past John Lewis and then Hall Road to beat a lot of the traffic, but now they''ve pedestrianised the centre everyone goes that way.

I get public transport in to work in the morning and it often takes 45 minutes+ to travel the few miles from the A140 near Swainsthorpe to the train station. It''s not just cars that struggle Rudolph!

Norwich was never great for driving in on a Saturday even back in the 80''s when for much of that period 16,000 would of been seen as a bumper crowd!

[quote user="nutty nigel"]Scraping the barrel but at least you found something to moan about[;)][/quote]

Not moaning, just wondering if the traffic control around CR slows it up ?

Tbf, getting away from football grounds after matches is nearly always difficult. I''m sure that there are others who like me have been stuck in car parks for nearly an hour after away games [:(]

[quote user=" Badger"]Tbf, getting away from football grounds after matches is nearly always difficult. I''m sure that there are others who like me have been stuck in car parks for nearly an hour after away games [:(][/quote]Ever thought of having a drink in the '' Dog & Duck '' instead ?

The traffic is getting worse everywhere. We live on a small overcrowded island on an overcrowded planet.Too many people, too many cars.

[quote user="Alan"]The traffic is getting worse everywhere. We live on a small overcrowded island on an overcrowded planet.Too many people, too many cars.[/quote]

Thousands leave after 85 minutes!!

You could cycle! And the slower the traffic goes, the safer it is.

Popular folk among users of Archant social media, cyclists.

[quote user="Ian"]We used to be able to cut down past John Lewis and then Hall Road to beat a lot of the traffic, but now they''ve pedestrianised the centre everyone goes that way.[/quote]"I''ll be honest I''m dead against it. People forget that traders need access to DIXONS."