Sign in to follow this  
Bill

Daniel and the 'misfits'

Does Herr Farke have a talent/ability to get players ''going again'' after they have fallen by the wayside, so to speak.Comments by Trybull suggest that he had ''lost his way'' a bit, as it would seem Leitner, Certainly Klose looked at odds and would have been near te top of any fans list of those who would move on in Jan. Yet here he is seemingly having a whale of a time with a much more unrestricted movement on the pitch.Reed has fitted into RB s if it was his natural place and even Oliveira looks more comfotable playing wide as he does being the target man.However the test of this theory will be Edwards, who I am led to believe, has demons that are off field. Can Farke get him back on track ? I think he will, as I''m sure he would not have taken him on otherwise.Just as my view is that we will have an option on Leitner, if not why bother ?

A good summing up of our current situ! I think we must have an option to buy Leitner, Farke alluded to it, and I think if his performance for 35 mins on Saturday was anything to go by we have a real little gem on our hands. Let''s hope he loves it here and takes to the Championship well.Edwards is certainly a strange one. I don''t know what these demons are, but it''s clear he hasn''t kicked on after being touted as the next Spurs player to break into the first team and make a real impact. Young guns with a whole bunch of money... Never the greatest scenario! Quite easy to be suckered into acting a fool. Fingers crossed that the German contingent can whip him into shape. As Farke said, it''s more of a problem for him (Edwards) than it is us...Some very encouraging signs though and somethng to get excited about for the future.

[quote user="Hercules"]I think you have answered your own question[/quote]

But its meaningless if the player doesn''t want to stay.

If he impresses, his value will rise. A previously agreed fee protects against the selling club asking for more. But an impressive spell will no doubt attract bigger and better suitors, therefore he''ll probably reject Norwich anyway.

I just don''t understand why a lot of fans are obsessing over an option to buy.

I would imagine that people were hoping it was a "done deal" - e.g. a loan initially, with signed and agreed purchase option at the end of it. That was never going to be the case in this instance.

I don''t think a lot of fans are obsessing, other than you.Having seen how well he played I don''t think it is unusual that many would be asking as to whether he will stay on after his loan period.What is obvious however is that yet again you seem ''obsessed'' with wanting to in someway to do down our clubIs there something you might want to tell us ?

[quote user="Ian"]I would imagine that people were hoping it was a "done deal" - e.g. a loan initially, with signed and agreed purchase option at the end of it. That was never going to be the case in this instance.[/quote]why ?

Why don''t I think it would be the case? I might be wrong, but I don''t think the player would be interested in committing their future to Norwich at that point.

Then why come here ?He has been out on loan for most of his career. Something somewhere is ''not working''. He came here because having worked with Farke he most likely felt this was the best option. That I would suggest would be the same motivation in june.As said, I doubt if we would be putting this much effort in just so we can get him ''back on his feet'' only to go elsehere. benefitting his parent club only.If when we signed him we wre around the playoff places then I could understand as he would be a boost to keep us there. But we weren''t.We have enough players who can fill his role so what would be the purpose of spending the money. With Edwards I can see as I doubt it has cost us much.Likewise Gunn''s loan has provided a necessary stop gap until Mathews can step up. Sure I don''t doubt any City fan would love to see him stay, but they''ll still see why he was here if not. Leitner is different.

I think most of our loan business makes sense. Gunn was a quality keeper not playing elsewhere and has come in and done excellent.

Reed has replaced a utility outlet that we perhaps lost in Dorrans/Whittaker when they both left. Again, on the whole, he has been excellent.

If Madders is injured we now have options in Leitner or Edwards (if he gets firing). To me it doesn''t matter if we have options on these or not, the purpose is to bring in options to cover us/improve us and these are fine for that purpose at little cost. Leitner has a lot to prove, so will play his heart out to either get more first team time at home, or create a move for himself to develop his career. Edwards, a bit of an unknown, will obviously need to make a name for himself. Exactly the mix of hungry/young/talented footballers that our ethos is built upon.

In the long term, even if neither of those stay, others will look at these signings and think ''that mould suits me'', or, ''I know if I go there I''ll get game time'', or at the very least push us as high up the table as we can finish to show we mean business next year

Farke has said he is preparing for a promotion push, next season. Why would he bring in Leitner if there was no possibility of him being here for, what will be, a very important season?

Other than Maddison and possibly Gunn, id like to think we can keep hold of the rest of the first 11. To a certain extent the pressures off for the rest of the season as it’s unrealistic to think we will finish in the top 6 (though not impossible), so we’ve got the next few months to hone our tactics and playing philosophy for next season. I find it strange therefore to give a player game time that won’t feature in that philosophy.

I’m sure Farke hasn’t given up the chase for the play offs but the real focus has to be on us being in the championship next season and then continuing the blueprint set by Huddersfield (with Webber) of going up. Maybe it’s wishful thinking, but I think it would foolish to bring in a player on loan simply to sort himself out for a bigger move in the summer with absolutely no benefit to us in the process.

" I think it would foolish to bring in a player on loan simply to sort

himself out for a bigger move in the summer with absolutely no benefit

to us in the process."That''s my thought.Likewise I don''y think we have given up on making the top six. All we can do is keeping picking up points and see where that leaves us. We had the same rather bizarre ideas in the PL where we were supposed to concentrae on avoiding relegation rather than trying of get as far up the table as possible. As if some how they were mutually exclusive.However we undoubtedly have taken a more pragmatic view given where we were before the transfer window and we have continued with development of the squad, rather than throwing everything at keeping us in the top six or two.There are many varied reasons were players are not at their best. Look at Chelsea. Clearly something is amiss there given the money they have spent.The club has gone back to what it does best. Finding players with the right approach that have not only something to prove, but a recognition that when the chance comes along, grab it. Holt, Martin, Hoolahan well proved that.. as did a host of others along the way with them.We''ve all seen players who did not want to be here, and couldn''t wait to hop into their car and head down the A11 after the game. I think it was Roberts who talked about the team spirit in 04/05. That is something I sense we have now. Players like Zimmerman have bought into this, as has Maddison and I don''t doubt others.So misfits or not we look to have a squad who will work their collective backsides off for the cause. For those who thought the season was over then think again. I can assure you we will be a lot closer to the play offs than we are now come May.

[quote user="Hercules"]I don''t think a lot of fans are obsessing, other than you.Having seen how well he played I don''t think it is unusual that many would be asking as to whether he will stay on after his loan period.What is obvious however is that yet again you seem ''obsessed'' with wanting to in someway to do down our clubIs there something you might want to tell us ?[/quote]

Eh? Untwist your knickers, love.

I''m not wanting to ''down'' our club as you put it.

At the end of your opening statement you suggest the loan is pretty pointless unless there is an ''option to buy.''

My point is an ''option to buy'' seems pretty irrelevant as the player will ultimately decide his future at the end of the loan term. Therefore I don''t see any problem if there isn''t an option in place, or even the point in having one. Other than it caps the value. But that capped value won''t be exclusive to Norwich, should his club want to sell.

I was actually curious to know if I was being ignorant, and that any ''option to buy'' contained contractual obligations between the player and the buying club?

[quote user="Faded Jaded Semi Plastic SOB"]Some posters muse about options to buy, whilst others put their efforts into being mega negative, each to their own......[/quote]

And some enjoy being self proclaimed super fans, able to judge ''inferior'' supporters at their will.

As you say, each to their own.

[quote user="Hercules"]" I think it would foolish to bring in a player on loan simply to sort

himself out for a bigger move in the summer with absolutely no benefit

to us in the process."That''s my thought.Likewise I don''y think we have given up on making the top six. All we can do is keeping picking up points and see where that leaves us. We had the same rather bizarre ideas in the PL where we were supposed to concentrae on avoiding relegation rather than trying of get as far up the table as possible. As if some how they were mutually exclusive.However we undoubtedly have taken a more pragmatic view given where we were before the transfer window and we have continued with development of the squad, rather than throwing everything at keeping us in the top six or two.There are many varied reasons were players are not at their best. Look at Chelsea. Clearly something is amiss there given the money they have spent.The club has gone back to what it does best. Finding players with the right approach that have not only something to prove, but a recognition that when the chance comes along, grab it. Holt, Martin, Hoolahan well proved that.. as did a host of others along the way with them.We''ve all seen players who did not want to be here, and couldn''t wait to hop into their car and head down the A11 after the game. I think it was Roberts who talked about the team spirit in 04/05. That is something I sense we have now. Players like Zimmerman have bought into this, as has Maddison and I don''t doubt others.So misfits or not we look to have a squad who will work their collective backsides off for the cause. For those who thought the season was over then think again. I can assure you we will be a lot closer to the play offs than we are now come May.

[/quote]

I also do not see the logic in having a loan without a purchase clause unless its a player who is guaranteed to give us a boost or something we are missing.

It must be good for Norwich as if we can get the "misfits" we are a small city away from London and for young german players who may have spent to much timeout with the lads it can give them a fish out of water focus...but still with friends and a support network of professional ex pats.

A new start so to speak and they can leave their baggage back home

I can imagine the flak some on here would give out if Leitner does really well and we didn''t have an option to buy - that would be a fairly hefty stick with which to beat the club.

Lincoln''s annoyed because we won again at the weekend.

[quote user="Fuzzar"]I can imagine the flak some on here would give out if Leitner does really well and we didn''t have an option to buy - that would be a fairly hefty stick with which to beat the club.

Lincoln''s annoyed because we won again at the weekend.[/quote]

zzzzzzzzz.... read my post instead of being ignorant.

Speaking of misfits...I see Chris Martin has gone out on loan again (does anyone know whether his new club have an option to buy?). Apples

Apples gets it. I do not believe Webber/Farke are morons, they will have secured the best possible deal for the club. I think they can "sell" our club to talented German/ European players as a fantastic opportunity to sort themselves out, lots of full on training and playing in one of the best attended and most watched leagues. Main caveat......no fartarsing around . Farke has the iron fist in the velvet glove.