Sign in to follow this  
nutty nigel

Rays Funds Week 27 Such Sad News *Please Read*

Hi pups ,

Firstly I want to say how gutted and saddened I was to hear the news of Michelle passing away. What an absolute amazing Norwich fan she was ! Whenever I saw her after a game, no matter of the result, she was always smiling and chatting to everyone and seemed just happy to be around everyone and to be a part of things 💛💚 I really hope all the hundreds of heartfelt messages to Ian and Sam and all chelle''s loved ones can bring some comfort .

R.I.P Michelle 💛⚽💚

My pick this week is Aston Villa to beat Burton please. For the Norwich bet, Maddison to score anytime . Good luck everyone .

Very sorry to hear such sad news.

Simple picks for me this week. Sunderland to draw with Ipswich. Norwich has to be another Maddison goal.

Good luck all.

Yesterday I was in Ipswich for the funeral of my wife''s uncle. Then this morning I have read this terrible news, Ian and Sam I am very sorry to hear of your loss. Hopefully a win this week in memory of Michelle.

Queens Park v Raith Rovers - Away Win

City bet - Less than 2.5 goals

Lovely words from you Eddie re Michelle which I''m sure Ian & Sam will appreciate.

So sad to hear the news on Tues morning, Michelle really was a ''''superfan'''' 908 consecutive games home & away is some record, not only that she was lovely & always had a smiley face. Feel so much for Ian/Sam & their families but they will be looked after by our ncfc family as we always pull together in times of need.

My pick this week is Villa home win and Anthony would like Man Utd

For Norwich we''ll both go for a Zimmermann goal anytime

Good Luck Pups, lets do this for Michelle who''s looking down spurring us all on.

Very sorry to hear this sad news, my sympathy is with family and friends.

My Pups bet this week is PSV Eindhoven v FC Zwolle Home win.

City bet, Zimmermann to score.

I hope this will be a memorable weekend to celebrate a super fan.

My most heartfelt condolences go to both Hissing Sid and Hughesy on their very sad loss this week. I for one will be joining the minutes applause this week to honour one of our own.

Now looking as usual for a bit of value this week I''ve whittled it down to another championship game and will go with......

Derby v Brentford.....Home win.

Good luck to one and all this week. This ones for you Chelle.

[quote user="Kathy "]I was thinking something similar last night Nutty if Ian was in agreement.

We could be on for a record week stake wise and that would be so fitting.

I''d like to chip in as well. Put a fiver on the draw and a fiver on Middlesboro for me. That way we cant lose. If City win we''ll all be happy including Michelle watching from up above, if we don''t there''ll be some more money in the pot. I''ll give you a tenner after the game tomorrow.[/quote]
That''s a great thought Kathy. Thank you, I will sort it[:)]

For my pick it just has to be Portugal this weekend where I think...
Benfica          v          Rio Ave          Home Win
For our game I''ll suggest...
Timm Klose to score Anytime

Such sad news and our thoughts are with Chelle’s family.

MMMK - ABERDEEN -v- Hamilton HOME WIN

MM - Mainz -v- BAYERN MUNICH AWAY WIN

For the Norwich match HT/FT Draw/Norwich

Good Luck one and all.

I didn’t know Michelle but like many others on here will have shared moments of great happiness and despair over those 900+ games. It wonderful to have shared that connection and to see it continuing in the kind words and thoughts of her fellow fans and pups. I’m sure that it brings great comfort to those that she loved in their time of loss. RIP ChelleCity.

A Norwich City victory seems very much in order this week. We seem to be keeping things tight so I will go for a 1-0 victory.

My evening meals this week have have been dominated by pasta and pizza so it has to be Italian for me and the top v bottom clash of Benevento v NAPOLI where I predict an away win for Napoli. Napoli have won their last 5 so I’m hoping this won’t be a Benevento shaped banana skin!

Very best of luck to everyone and especially the pickers!

This is truly sad news!😔

I will be sending my pics very late tonight nutty if tgat is ok?

I will also in typical Snake tradition DOUBLE the bet and hopefully honour Chelle''s memory by getting a big win.

Good luck eveyone!

Snake

My condolences to Chelle`s family and many friends.German Regionaliga North East and a home win for Hertha Berlins 2nds vs Luckenwalde @1.36Bet builder for the City gameZimmerman anytime goalscorerDouble chance City win or drawUnder 2.5 goals @51.0

I echo all the sentiments expressed here after a sad week. Truly terrible news to hear a few days ago.

For my pick this week, I''m going for Aston Villa to beat Burton Albion.

For the Norwich game, a 1-1 draw.

Good luck to everyone and a win (in both a PUPs and Norwich sense) would be most fitting this week.

A very poignant weekend, and football once again put into perspective.In an effort to help raise money i am banking on Villa to win at home v Burton.For the city bet i fancy Maddisson to score in memory of our Chelle, and City to win 2-1.Enjoy your weekend all, OTBC

So sorry to hear the sad news this week,

Villa home win is my pick

Norwich bet 1-0 home win

The saddest of news reflected in a book of condolence at work today. Thoughts are with all those close to Michelle.

In search of a Canaries win I will opt for a Frosinone home win to Pescara in Serie B

I am less optimistic for the home game although we do seem to be building some momentum. So a Canarys win double is on the card - Norwich 1-0 win with Zimmermann to score.

Good luck all

Thanks for all the tips guys- I''m going with 5 equal bets of £2 (or £4 now it has been doubled apparently).

Zimmerman to score anytime (loads of you picked this so who am I to go against the pinkun brain trust!)

Under 2.5 goals

Norwich to win 1-0

Draw HT/Norwich win FT

Norwich 4-4 Middlesbrough (big old punt based on the famous comeback!)

I''m going for a home win for Covadonga v. Roces in the Spanish Tercera 2.

Covadonga are W7 D2 L3 F25 A11 at home and Roces are W0 D1 L10 F8 A28 away.

Good Luck, snake-eyes!

Slightly too late to contribute, but Good Luck to king canary with the Norwich Bet!

Extra special ''Good Luck'' to the Norwich team on the pitch this week, I''m hopeful that with their efforts and those of the fantastic PUPs we''ll raise lots of money this weekend.

I did feel sorry for Michelle when her six failed to win the same week as I did the Norwich bet, as it would have been nice for her to have won too. Her bet was due to return the exact same amount as mine, and for a time it seemed as if a perfect double win was on the cards.It must be sad for those who weren''t aware that Michelle was ill, but I''m sure those close to her will be comforted by the fact that it wasn''t a sudden, unexpected departure.

I''ve got Ian''s selection. Understandably he''s not quite ready to post on the thread yet. Lisbon was one of their favourite places and Chelle picked them often. So the pick for Hissing Sid is ....
Estoril          v          Sporting Lisbon            Away Win

Sad news indeed... Condolences to chelle''s family.

My pick is Notts County to beat crewe, and Nelson to score anytime.

Good luck Pups and OTBC!

[quote user="nutty nigel"]Thanks everyone who has sent extra funds this week. We have enough to double both bets and and Tilly''s generous extra bet doubled. That still leaves £75 and an idea to put it into a fund for a memorial donation for Chelle on behalf of us PUPs. I''ll talk to Ian about it in due course and post again. I hope what I''m proposing is right.
Like us all I''m still devastated about Chelle and for Ian and Sam. But I''m heartened to be associated with this great team of PUPs.
[/quote]
Just to update. Thanks everyone who sent extra funds this week. We''ve got funds to double both bets, Tilly''s bet is doubled and we have Kathy''s "saver" which is brilliant. So that''s an extra £50 added this week in memory of Chelle. That leaves me still holding £115 and thanks to some great input I have a plan coming together which I will discuss with Ian in due course. 

I completely agree with everything that’s been said about Michelle. All I can do is offer my condolences.

This week I’ll go for Man U to beat Huddersfield, our match a 1-1 draw.

Foolad to beat Sanat Naft (4/6).Norwich 2-1 Middlesbrough (9/1).Good luck pups.