Sign in to follow this  
nutty nigel

Rays Funds Week 27 Such Sad News *Please Read*

Top of my shortlist was Cosmic''s pick of Covadonga, which looks like an excellent choice, with a team in form against one very much out of it, so I will head to the Dutch Eredivisie, and AZ to win at home against Roda JC.AZ, third, have a 7-0-3 and 21/12 home record, while Roda JC, one from bottom, have a 1-0-9 and 9/28 away record. Both played in the cup in midweek, but AZ''s game was on Wednesday, while Roda JC played a day later.The current odds are 1/5.Good luck to all!---Nutty, I don''t want to overburden you but I could put together a Tilly-style set of six later this evening.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]Good evening Nutty in such a sad week for us PUPs. A tragedy to lose Michelle at such a young age and is surely the saddest time for us since the passing of Ray Ducker. No doubt that they both will be watching down on this thread and hope it continues to thrive under your stewardship Nutty assisted by all us lovely PUPs.My thoughts are with Ian and the rest of the family as no number of words can begin to describe their loss.Onwards and upwards this week with Snake and KC and my pick is a HOME WIN for ASTON VILLA v Burton.For the Norwich bet 0-0.In memory of Michelle i will ask you Nutty to please put £10 on these picks from me which i hope will turn into a few more quid for the pot which i know Michelle would approve of being such a staunch supporter of our efforts with the CSF.FULHAM to beat Forest at home.WIGAN to beat Gillingham at home.JUVENTUS to beat Sassuolo at home.AJAX to beat NAC Breda at home.NAPOLI to beat Benevento away.BAYERN MUNICH to beat Mainz away.[/quote]
Thanks Tilly and Yankee for doubling this. I''ve placed them with Bill Hill where the potential return is £92.04. Here are the details : -

Munich

-         

-

3/10

-         

-

14:30

Sat

Fulham

-         

8/13

-

15:00

Sat

Wigan

-         

4/11

Sat

Juventus

-

1/4

14:00

Sun

Ajax

-

1/14

15:45

Sun

Napoli

-

1/5

19:45

Sun

Even split over the two days. Good luck Tilly and Yankee. Let''s win this for Chelle[Y]

[quote user="PurpleCanary"]Top of my shortlist was Cosmic''s pick of Covadonga, which looks like an excellent choice, with a team in form against one very much out of it, so I will head to the Dutch Eredivisie, and AZ to win at home against Roda JC.AZ, third, have a 7-0-3 and 21/12 home record, while Roda JC, one from bottom, have a 1-0-9 and 9/28 away record. Both played in the cup in midweek, but AZ''s game was on Wednesday, while Roda JC played a day later.The current odds are 1/5.Good luck to all!---Nutty, I don''t want to overburden you but I could put together a Tilly-style set of six later this evening.[/quote]
Of course Purple. I''ll be happy to put them on[Y]

[quote user="Hammond1612"]Eddie when I see you next I’ll add some money to this plan as well[/quote]
Thanks buddy, you''re a star.

[quote user="Kathy "]I was thinking something similar last night Nutty if Ian was in agreement.

We could be on for a record week stake wise and that would be so fitting.

I''d like to chip in as well. Put a fiver on the draw and a fiver on Middlesboro for me. That way we cant lose. If City win we''ll all be happy including Michelle watching from up above, if we don''t there''ll be some more money in the pot. I''ll give you a tenner after the game tomorrow.[/quote]
This is a plan Kathy! I''m going to double this for my contribution but put the ten on Norwich in a joint bet with you. So we are now assured of a return tomorrow. I''ve placed them where it''s most profitable and we have....

Draw

£5 Bet

9/4

£16.25

Middlesbrough

win

£5 Bill

Hill

9/5

£14.00

Norwich

Win

£10 Bet

9/5

£28.00

Thanks Kathy[Y]

[quote user="king canary"]Thanks for all the tips guys- I''m going with 5 equal bets of £2 (or £4 now it has been doubled apparently).

Zimmerman to score anytime (loads of you picked this so who am I to go against the pinkun brain trust!)

Under 2.5 goals

Norwich to win 1-0

Draw HT/Norwich win FT

Norwich 4-4 Middlesbrough (big old punt based on the famous comeback!)[/quote]
Thanks Kingo. I love these buddy. That 4-4 was one of my favourite games and I''m sure a memory that Chelle treasured too. I''ve placed them to our best advantage and we have......

Zimmerman to score anytime

£4.00 Bill

Hill

16/1

£68.00

Under 2.5 goals

£4.00 Bet

8/13

£6.46

Norwich to win 1-0 

£4.00 Bet

13/2

£30.00

Draw HT/Norwich win FT 

£4.00 Bet

5/1

£24.00

Norwich 4-4 Middlesbrough

£4.00 Bet

450/1

£1804.00

Good luck Kingo and our beloved team. Let''s get the power of the PUPs behind that 4-4....
[Y][:)]

I''m very sorry to hear about Michelle passing away. This is real downer for this week, but by all accounts she always had a smile on her face, so maybe we should remember that.Best wishes to all those close to her at what must be a difficult time.

Mexico: Necaxa vs Toluca, draw @ 3.30.

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="PurpleCanary"]Top of my shortlist was Cosmic''s pick of Covadonga, which looks like an excellent choice, with a team in form against one very much out of it, so I will head to the Dutch Eredivisie, and AZ to win at home against Roda JC.AZ, third, have a 7-0-3 and 21/12 home record, while Roda JC, one from bottom, have a 1-0-9 and 9/28 away record. Both played in the cup in midweek, but AZ''s game was on Wednesday, while Roda JC played a day later.The current odds are 1/5.Good luck to all!---Nutty, I don''t want to overburden you but I could put together a Tilly-style set of six later this evening.[/quote]
[/quote]Nutty, if you could put a tenner on my tab to give us an extra chance of boosting the Michelle fund. I think odds are all available on Bet365. Thanks very much.Cyprus 2. Division - Anagennisi Deryneia to win (Saturday).Spanish Tercera Group 2 - Covadonga to win (Saturday).Portuguese Campeonato - Uniao de Leiria to win (Saturday).Italian Serie A Women - Fiorentia to win (Saturday).Spanish Segunda B Group 2 - Sporting Gijon II to win (Sunday).Greek Football League - Panachaiki to win (Sunday).

Ok, on this sad occasion, I hope these are real winners and leave a lasting positive memory!

No brainer for the first one;

Estoril v Sporting Lisbon - AWAY WIN

Anderlect v Mechelen - HOME WIN

Shalke v Werder Bremen - HOME WIN

Aston Villa v Burton Albion - HOME WIN

Mansfield v Barnet - HOME WIN

Queens Park v Raith Rovers - AWAY WIN.

My own game, well Ayr v Alloa Home win

As for the city bet, 2-0 city, Zimmerman score anytime!

Fingers crossed for some sunshine this weekend!

Snake

[quote user="snake-eyes"]Ok, on this sad occasion, I hope these are real winners and leave a lasting positive memory!

No brainer for the first one;

Estoril v Sporting Lisbon - AWAY WIN

Anderlect v Mechelen - HOME WIN

Shalke v Werder Bremen - HOME WIN

Aston Villa v Burton Albion - HOME WIN

Mansfield v Barnet - HOME WIN

Queens Park v Raith Rovers - AWAY WIN.

My own game, well Ayr v Alloa Home win

As for the city bet, 2-0 city, Zimmerman score anytime!

Fingers crossed for some sunshine this weekend!

Snake[/quote]
Thank you Snake buddy. These are really exciting and I think they''ve got a real chance of coming in. The doubled stake with Bill Hill has a potential return of £291.78. Here are the details : -

Schalke

-         

-

8/11

-         

-

Sat

Villa

-         

2/5

-

Sat

Mansfield

-         

8/11

-

Sat

Raith

-

8/11

-

Sat

Anderlecht

-

2/5

-

13:30

Sun

Sporting

-

4/9

-

18:00

Sun

So there''s four tomorrow with the last two on Sunday finishing with Sporting. Good luck Snake and all you PUPs.[:)]
Hope to see some of you in the Nelson tomorrow after the game[B]

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="PurpleCanary"]Top of my shortlist was Cosmic''s pick of Covadonga, which looks like an excellent choice, with a team in form against one very much out of it, so I will head to the Dutch Eredivisie, and AZ to win at home against Roda JC.AZ, third, have a 7-0-3 and 21/12 home record, while Roda JC, one from bottom, have a 1-0-9 and 9/28 away record. Both played in the cup in midweek, but AZ''s game was on Wednesday, while Roda JC played a day later.The current odds are 1/5.Good luck to all!---Nutty, I don''t want to overburden you but I could put together a Tilly-style set of six later this evening.[/quote]
[/quote]Nutty, if you could put a tenner on my tab to give us an extra chance of boosting the Michelle fund. I think odds are all available on Bet365. Thanks very much.Cyprus 2. Division - Anagennisi Deryneia to win (Saturday).Spanish Tercera Group 2 - Covadonga to win (Saturday).Portuguese Campeonato - Uniao de Leiria to win (Saturday).Italian Serie A Women - Fiorentia to win (Saturday).Spanish Segunda B Group 2 - Sporting Gijon II to win (Sunday).Greek Football League - Panachaiki to win (Sunday).[/quote]
Love these Purple and thank you for doing them. The Greek game does not seem to be listed on Bet365. It''s on Bill Hill but then some of the others are not on Bill Hill. I could wait overnight to see if Panachaiki appears but we could risk losing something else that is listed now. What do you think?

Had some really enjoyable times with Ian and Michelle . Despite all the ups and downs following city she always raised a smile, stayed calm and simply looked forward to the next game.

Sincere condolences to loved ones, family and friends .

R.I.P Chelle.

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="PurpleCanary"]Top of my shortlist was Cosmic''s pick of Covadonga, which looks like an excellent choice, with a team in form against one very much out of it, so I will head to the Dutch Eredivisie, and AZ to win at home against Roda JC.AZ, third, have a 7-0-3 and 21/12 home record, while Roda JC, one from bottom, have a 1-0-9 and 9/28 away record. Both played in the cup in midweek, but AZ''s game was on Wednesday, while Roda JC played a day later.The current odds are 1/5.Good luck to all!---Nutty, I don''t want to overburden you but I could put together a Tilly-style set of six later this evening.[/quote]
[/quote]Nutty, if you could put a tenner on my tab to give us an extra chance of boosting the Michelle fund. I think odds are all available on Bet365. Thanks very much.Cyprus 2. Division - Anagennisi Deryneia to win (Saturday).Spanish Tercera Group 2 - Covadonga to win (Saturday).Portuguese Campeonato - Uniao de Leiria to win (Saturday).Italian Serie A Women - Fiorentia to win (Saturday).Spanish Segunda B Group 2 - Sporting Gijon II to win (Sunday).Greek Football League - Panachaiki to win (Sunday).[/quote]
Love these Purple and thank you for doing them. The Greek game does not seem to be listed on Bet365. It''s on Bill Hill but then some of the others are not on Bill Hill. I could wait overnight to see if Panachaiki appears but we could risk losing something else that is listed now. What do you think?
[/quote]You''re right, Nutty. Thanks for spotting that, and it gives me a chance to correct my spelling of Fiorentina! I will substitute my pick of AZ, so they are all available on Bet365. I will try to keep on eye today on how they are going.Cyprus 2. Division - Anagennisi Deryneia to win (Saturday).Spanish Tercera Group 2 - Covadonga to win (Saturday).Portuguese Campeonato - Uniao de Leiria to win (Saturday).Italian Serie A Women - Fiorentina to win (Saturday).Spanish Segunda B Group 2 - Sporting Gijon II to win (Sunday).Dutch Eredivisie: AZ to win at home (Sunday).

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="PurpleCanary"]Top of my shortlist was Cosmic''s pick of Covadonga, which looks like an excellent choice, with a team in form against one very much out of it, so I will head to the Dutch Eredivisie, and AZ to win at home against Roda JC.AZ, third, have a 7-0-3 and 21/12 home record, while Roda JC, one from bottom, have a 1-0-9 and 9/28 away record. Both played in the cup in midweek, but AZ''s game was on Wednesday, while Roda JC played a day later.The current odds are 1/5.Good luck to all!---Nutty, I don''t want to overburden you but I could put together a Tilly-style set of six later this evening.[/quote]
[/quote]You''re right, Nutty. Thanks for spotting that, and it gives me a chance to correct my spelling of Fiorentina! I will substitute my pick of AZ, so they are all available on Bet365. I will try to keep on eye today on how they are going.Cyprus 2. Division - Anagennisi Deryneia to win (Saturday).Spanish Tercera Group 2 - Covadonga to win (Saturday).Portuguese Campeonato - Uniao de Leiria to win (Saturday).Italian Serie A Women - Fiorentina to win (Saturday).Spanish Segunda B Group 2 - Sporting Gijon II to win (Sunday).Dutch Eredivisie: AZ to win at home (Sunday).[/quote]
Thanks Purple, these look nailed on to me. I''ve placed with Bet 365 and the potential return is £25.80. Here are the details....

Anagennisi

-         

-

1/12

-         

-

13:00

Sat

Covadonga

-         

1/6

-

18:30

Sat

UD

Leiria

-         

1/6

-

Sat

Fiorentina

W

-

1/4

-

17:00

Sat

Gijon B

-

1/6

-

11:00

Sun

AZ

-

1/5

-

Sun

So we have four today and the last two tomorrow. Good luck Purple [Y]

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

Thanks Purple, these look nailed on to me. I''ve placed with Bet 365 and the potential return is £25.80. Here are the details....

Anagennisi

-         

-

1/12

-         

-

13:00

Sat

Covadonga

-         

1/6

-

18:30

Sat

UD

Leiria

-         

1/6

-

Sat

Fiorentina

W

-

1/4

-

17:00

Sat

Gijon B

-

1/6

-

11:00

Sun

AZ

-

1/5

-

Sun

So we have four today and the last two tomorrow. Good luck Purple [Y]
[/quote]Thanks Nutty. I am just off in my private jet to Florence for today, and back home via Alkmaar tomorrow, and I have one of my glamorous assistants at each of the other four games.

I''ve just received a message saying the following bets have been placed anonymously in honour of Chelle.
Goal In Both Halves
Leicester v Swansea
Villa v Burton
Fulham v Forest
Charlton v Oxford
Lincoln v Swindon
Notts Co. v Crewe
Potential return £139.91
All To Win
Crawley
Mansfield
Munich
Real Madrid
PSG
Potential return £35.89
All To Win
Leicester
Man Utd
Villa
Derby
Wigan
Potential return £33.23
Thanks and good luck[:)]

Well done king canary! The winning streak on the Norwich bet continues!

What an emotional day. Just so many different emotions. In heartbreaking circumstances we see so much of what''s special about you PUPs, fans and our great club. I spent time with Ian and Sam and I know they felt the love from everyone. The 52nd minute was a brilliant tribute to Chelle who was so loved by so many but especially Ian and family. There are no more words and the events of the day speak louder than words anyway.

Well done Kingo! You were an act well worth waiting for. £36.46 is a great return. You''re becoming a real asset to our team so please come back with your picks as often as possible. We need you.
Really unlucky Snake. Schalke were winning but had a man sent off so conceded two in the last ten minutes. The other 3 today all won so we''ll keep an eye on this. If we end up with five I''m hoping the free bet will kick in. 
Well done Kathy too. Between us we managed to get £28 into what I''m hoping will be a permanent part of Rays Funds to celebrate and remember Chellecity with love. 
Tilly''s and Yankee''s six are still running. Fulham, Wigan and Munich all won today. So we need Juve, Ajax and Napoli tomorrow. Let''s be ready with PUP power for them.
Purple''s brave effort appears to have been thwarted by the girls from Fiorentina. I''m not 100% sure though because there''s no results for that and another game on my app.
We had more bad luck with the free bets anonymously secured for us as all three ended up going down by just one result.
Ian gave me a fiver today to put on Sporting tomorrow. I''vematched it so we have....

Sporting

£10 Bet

9/20

£14.50

Of course we still have over £100 and I''ve spoken to Ian with some ideas. We will formulate a plan over the next week and I will keep all of you informed. Thanks to everyone who sent funds for this weekend, I''m hoping we have a permanent part of Rays Funds in loving memory of Chelle.
Image may contain: 1 person, crowd and outdoor

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

Purple''s brave effort appears to have been thwarted by the girls from Fiorentina. I''m not 100% sure though because there''s no results for that and another game on my app.
Image may contain: 1 person, crowd and outdoor
[/quote]Lost 2-1 after being a goal up, Nutty.

Congratulations king canary! And to Kathy and Nutty for their joint effort.

Really bad luck snake-eyes. And Purple (Covadonga drew too! 😕)

Good Luck for today Tilly and Yankee!

Well done king canary,Kathy and Nutty. I have my fingers crossed for today and i am sure so to does Yankee.

Good luck Tilly and Yankee. Will be following this very closely.

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="TIL 1010"]Good evening Nutty in such a sad week for us PUPs. A tragedy to lose Michelle at such a young age and is surely the saddest time for us since the passing of Ray Ducker. No doubt that they both will be watching down on this thread and hope it continues to thrive under your stewardship Nutty assisted by all us lovely PUPs.My thoughts are with Ian and the rest of the family as no number of words can begin to describe their loss.Onwards and upwards this week with Snake and KC and my pick is a HOME WIN for ASTON VILLA v Burton.For the Norwich bet 0-0.In memory of Michelle i will ask you Nutty to please put £10 on these picks from me which i hope will turn into a few more quid for the pot which i know Michelle would approve of being such a staunch supporter of our efforts with the CSF.FULHAM to beat Forest at home.WIGAN to beat Gillingham at home.JUVENTUS to beat Sassuolo at home.AJAX to beat NAC Breda at home.NAPOLI to beat Benevento away.BAYERN MUNICH to beat Mainz away.[/quote]
Thanks Tilly and Yankee for doubling this. I''ve placed them with Bill Hill where the potential return is £92.04. Here are the details : -

Munich

-         

-

3/10

-         

-

Sat

Fulham

-         

8/13

-

Sat

Wigan

-         

4/11

Sat

Juventus

-

1/4

14:00

Sun

Ajax

-

1/14

15:45

Sun

Napoli

-

1/5

19:45

Sun

Even split over the two days. Good luck Tilly and Yankee. Let''s win this for Chelle[Y]
[/quote]
Nice early goal for Juve. 1-0 10mins played.

5-0. To quote a miserable old git I used to sit next to in the South Stand ''Only got themselves to blame if they lose now''.