Sign in to follow this  
Fiery Zac

Jerome not fit

According to Rowett. Maybe he should have taken part in the training regime decided by the club paying his extortionate wages then, as from what we know of it, that would certainly be enough to have kept him fit. One thing I wouldn’t say about the players in our squad is that they aren’t fit.

He’s also not been used to his strengths. Could be argued but did have his chances and simply never took them. Always worked hard but when given opportunities, more often than not didn’t take them. Has made a good start at Derby but we’ll see.

Rowett’s certainly made the game more interesting and hopefully all the more enjoyable if/when we beat them.

Can''t see anything too controversial in Rowett''s comments.

Jerome wouldn''t be match fit as he had very limited game time for Norwich as he was behind Nelson. Match fitness and general fitness are always classed as two different things.

As for Norwich not making the most of Jerome''s talents - I would agree with that. Norwich''s style didn''t suit the way Jerome likes to play, that is why he was 2nd choice and why Norwich sold him.

All this amounts to is a manager bigging up one of his players. It is obvious that Jerome won''t be fully match fit/sharp as he was injured and then not playing for us. It adds no more ''spice'' to the game in any way shape or form than was already there. Jerome will want to prove a point and many will think he has a good chance of doing so, we just need to go about our business and try to stop him.

the following post at 07/02/2018 10:05 AM:

We shall see on Sat bet he''s fit enough to score against us !

Do they have bigger goals up there then?

I don’t think CJ has a point to prove-not to the fans anyway-he always gave 100% and I feel that he would still be a better option off the bench than others that are still here-including Nelson on some occasions.

Rowett says Jerome isn''t fit, yet Jerome himself admitted once he had completed his move that the training methods (and distanced required to be run in training) under Daniel Farke were too much for him. No doubt as to who is to blame for him not being fit.

Jerome would be better suited to rugby. The goals are much higher

"Jerome would be better suited to rugby. The goals are much higher"

I notice that he scored on Saturday, although if he''d have been 4 yards out instead of 3, it would have gone over the bar!

Possible more a case of Jerome did not fitNo criticism of his commitment while he was here, but perhaps his wages and style of play were not what Farke was aiming atOtherwise a rather silly comment by Rowett, even if it was to put a bit of distance/add friction to the game.

''His wages and style of play were not what Farke was aiming at''

I think this is pretty much it.

He isn''t a good fit for our style but would have been a useful plan B. However you can''t be paying useful plan B''s the type of wages he was probably on.

Jerome probably didn''t fit in with the manager''s plans, and it was obviously good business to get the money we did for him given this, and his age.I also agree Oliveira is a more technically able player, but I was always under the impression that "finishing" involves actually putting the ball in the back of the net. Lest we forget that in the Championship, Jerome might have been a "poor finisher", but he also averaged a goal for us ever 2 starts or so. Oliveira has the potential to be a better striker, but Jerome actually did the business, which seem to often be overlooked.Put it this way; Oliveira is arguably more gifted than Grant Holt ever was, but who would most fans rate as the better striker?

As I said on another thread, I think it was a decent piece of business to replace Jerome with Srbeny.Oliviera wasn''t being put under any pressure by Jerome. Given that arguably Jerome and Oliviera would have needed to be moved in the summer anyway,  it gives Srbeny several months to acclimatize to the Championship.Doubt the Derby deal would have been there in the summer.

Ian

Nelson averaged 0.6 goals per 90 minutes last season compared to 0.51 for Jerome.

This season he''s averaged 0.37 goals per 90. Jerome has averaged 0.09 per 90.

So I''m sticking with Nelson as the better finisher.

[quote user="king canary"]Ian

Nelson averaged 0.6 goals per 90 minutes last season compared to 0.51 for Jerome.

This season he''s averaged 0.37 goals per 90. Jerome has averaged 0.09 per 90.

So I''m sticking with Nelson as the better finisher.[/quote]Actually all that does is tell us the number of minutes on the pitch v goals.It tells us nothing about ''finishing'' as they are too many unfactored variables.