Sign in to follow this  
PurpleCanary

Having Trust in the future

[quote user="PurpleCanary"]At a tangent, I am slightly surprised no-one has referred to the point that the club seems to be saying it may divulge explantory information to the Trust that will not be made public. I suppose that is a tribute to the Trust that the club feels it can rely  on it not to break that confidence.[/quote]Such a situation, together with the trust not sending anyone to SCG mettings, adds to the suggestion that they are nothing more than an extension of the club board rather than a genuine fan representative organisation. Perhaps the trust''s tagline of "In the hands of the fans" ought to be changed to "In the hands of the Robin Sainty"?Sainty seems to spend half his time patrolling Twitter telling his legion of followers that himself and the club are victims of a unwarranted hate campaign. This usually seems to involve cherrypicking examples from social media, often quite mild dissent, and exaggerating their malicious intention and effect.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"]At a tangent, I am slightly surprised no-one has referred to the point that the club seems to be saying it may divulge explantory information to the Trust that will not be made public. I suppose that is a tribute to the Trust that the club feels it can rely  on it not to break that confidence.[/quote]What i find strange in that statement Purple is that whoever may attend these meetings from the Trust board may well at times be privy to confidential information that they then cannot share with their membership or the fanbase at large which rather defeats the object of their tag line of '' Giving the fans a voice '' .

"Giving the fans a voice" & for £12 per annum membership.

I quote from Robin Sainty''s twitter account when someone enquiring about joining the Trust "You''ll also get feed back on our meetings with the club by the way."

So where does that leave those who choose either not to join Trust or simply cannot afford too?

So it''s Giving a few "fans" a voice but not an ear to the majority?

[quote user="Rogue Baboon"]@MrFruit

Is it even giving its members a voice? Or is it just giving a few of its own board a voice?[/quote]

My guess the latter. Unless they offer,by rotation, a chance for members to attend the meetings with club.

I think everyone is sick and tired of Sainty. Not sure who he actually thinks he is but I would guess just a regular man a little bit pissed on his new found powers!

Which fans actually voted him and his little entourage as our voice to the club?

It an embarrassment I would be highly surprised if the majority of fans support this.

Still, if it gives Ego Man his chance to wear the official club tie and pretend he''s someone he''s not then good luck to him. But I am not in the slightest bit interested in what they have to say.

Power to the real fans!

[quote user="PaulineFowler"]I think everyone is sick and tired of Sainty. Not sure who he actually thinks he is but I would guess just a regular man a little bit pissed on his new found powers!

Which fans actually voted him and his little entourage as our voice to the club?

It an embarrassment I would be highly surprised if the majority of fans support this.

Still, if it gives Ego Man his chance to wear the official club tie and pretend he''s someone he''s not then good luck to him. But I am not in the slightest bit interested in what they have to say.

Power to the real fans![/quote]

I tend to agree, it’s this type of sad event which makes no difference to the boards direction or choices, just playing lip service to try show they care about the fans.

Just one step further than fans blogging fanning their egos.

If it was a real fans trust with a large shareholding, voted as the voice of the masses, with some real power than that would definitely be beneficial to the club long term.

Still there’s a lot of older generation customers on here will love this and believe it to be a great move by the board.......what does anyone get out of this in reality?

Is there a lot of older generation customers on here who love this and believe it to be a great move from the board? I challenge you to name just one Bindy ....

Maybe Ken Ozzane?

Or are you just trolling again.....

Sounds more like a sympathetic focus group or sounding board than a Trust with any real influence in actual decision-making.Apples

As Mike Walker once said: "You can have an opinion as long as it is Delia Smith''s".

She is only going to get into bed with those who do not rock the boat. That being the case, the Trust is dead in the water in claiming any credibility as a body representing fans. In fact, anybody who gets into bed with the Board is immediately DISQUALIFIED from representing the fans. The Board and fans are currently further apart than at any time since the Chase era.

Much like Archant, the Trust is simply a vassal of the Board (where the boy Ferrari can simply tell them what to do.)

If the Board was serious about taking fans seriously and wanted to be truly democratic, it would hold an immediate referendum of all club members on whether the club ought to be sold.

Well nutty as normal you jump in, how about the OP who posted this for one!

Maybe you can get that photo you keep talking about, you know the one which clears delia of wearing that City rosette or city scarf on the other side! I’m still waiting for it Numpty!

Troll off Bindy. I never claimed there was any such photo. Anyway, you''re the one with the photo album. How about posting a few more?

How about you grow up and we’ll leave each other alone Numpty?

In light of the announcement earlier today that both Norwich and 1p5wich will be jumping down on anybody posting offensive comments on social media in the lead up to the derby in conjunction with the Police which may provoke or incite trouble that could end up in bans how about this from the Trust chairman........Good work. There are some vile scum out there. Some have even been allowed to breed.A considered and classy response don''t you think ?

If that is the view of the Trust chairman it must also be the view of Delia, as this new little accord between them surely means not even a fag paper could separate them.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]In light of the announcement earlier today that both Norwich and 1p5wich will be jumping down on anybody posting offensive comments on social media in the lead up to the derby in conjunction with the Police which may provoke or incite trouble that could end up in bans how about this from the Trust chairman........Good work. There are some vile scum out there. Some have even been allowed to breed.A considered and classy response don''t you think ?[/quote]

Then there is the "Retard" tweet which he has apologised for so that''s OK then?

Well, I didn''t actually think there wouid be universal joy at this news. For what it is worth this seems to me a reasonable point of view (well, of course it would but...).I liked the notion of the SCG, with plainly had a selection of representatives from several fans'' organisations, but it did suffer from the perception, because it was in effect by invitation of the club, that favourites were chosen. There was plenty of ad hominem criticism of it and some of the participants for that reason, and a fair bit of glee when it was pretty quickly closed down by McNally.McNally was plainly not that interested in listening to fans, especially early on, and by all accounts Moxey even less so. What is now happening is an attempt by the club to rebuild those links. That cannot be a bad thing, even if  there may be differing views on how to go about it.This deal with the Trust avoids the problem of the club choosing the individuals it consults, since I assume the Trust will decide whom it sends along, but then why the Trust and why just the Trust? It is a fair question, but the club cannot talk to everybody. In practice it has to deal with representative groups. One poster contrasted the Trust with "the real fans". I don''t know how to recognise a "real fan" and I cannot imagine how the club would either.Without being ideal, looks like a decent first step. The way to improve it, to give it the advantage the SCG had in terms of a range of opinions from several fans'' groups, is where possible for the Trust to take on board and promote the views of the likes of Capital Canaries et al. Possibly it plans to do that.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"]

This deal with the Trust avoids the problem of the club choosing the individuals it consults, since I assume the Trust will decide whom it sends along, but then why the Trust and why just the Trust? It is a fair question, but the club cannot talk to everybody. In practice it has to deal with representative groups.

[/quote]There was never '' the problem of the club choosing the individuals it consults '' with regard to the SCG Purple as the majority of people at the meetings were democratically elected officers within their respective groups.I hold the view that it was a very broad church that did indeed have some flaws but nothing major and when McNally came along rather than resolve those flaws he just ceased communication entirely.

I notice this sainty geezer is giving Twitter a miss. Surely he should looking to communicate more not less in his role as chairman of the trust!!!!

He is not respected or liked by a fair number of canary fans I would like to see a decent and respected man to chair this organisation. If I could choose a decent man to do the tile it would be nutty nigel

[quote user="Indy"]Well nutty as normal you jump in, how about the OP who posted this for one!

Maybe you can get that photo you keep talking about, you know the one which clears delia of wearing that City rosette or city scarf on the other side! I’m still waiting for it Numpty![/quote]I watched that episode of Swap Shop on cup final day and I can confirm that it was a double sided scarf with Yellow & Green on one side their colours on the other side.

[quote user="The Leathermans Stag"]I would like to see a decent and respected man to chair this organisation. If I could choose a decent man to do the tile it would be nutty nigel[/quote]
Sorry but Nutty Nigel is a very valued member of our fans social group , he''s just signed a new 2 year contract and isn''t available for transfer for any price[:D]

I''ve been critical of some of Robin''s tweets but having been made aware of some of the vile abuse he''s been on the receiving end of I''m not surprised he''s logging off twitter.

You may not like some of what he says and you may not agree with the Trust''s position (I certainly don''t pretty often) but some of what he has been subjected to is so far beyond the pale it is unbelievable.

The tweets from his personal Twitter account are his own, it would be wrong if he used the Trusts Twitter account in the same way but I''m not aware that he has done that.If his personal views do not align with the views of the Trust then it''s up to the members of the trust to vote him out.