Sign in to follow this  
PurpleCanary

Having Trust in the future

[quote user="Diane"][quote user="The Leathermans Stag"]I would like to see a decent and respected man to chair this organisation. If I could choose a decent man to do the tile it would be nutty nigel[/quote]
Sorry but Nutty Nigel is a very valued member of our fans social group , he''s just signed a new 2 year contract and isn''t available for transfer for any price[:D]
[/quote]

Diane I Am sure there is enough of him to go around 😁😁😁

[quote user="PurpleCanary"]a range of opinions from several fans'' groups, is where possible for the Trust to take on board and promote the views of the likes of Capital Canaries et al...[/quote]Now Purps, this is where I have a problem with the Trust, shouldn''t they promote the views of ALL fans particularly as they proclaim themselves to be ''giving the fans a voice''? So how do they glean fans views when they seem so reluctant to communicate with us? This thread is a perfect example, why aren''t they on here explaining the benefits of this new accord with the club? Surely if they want to get their message across the best way to do that is to interact with fans wherever they are and what better place to do this than on here, the main Norwich City Football Club fan''s site? The irony is, this is Archant''s own message board, cljck on ''opinion'' at the top and up comes the name of the Trust''s chairman (who also writes a weekly column in the EDP) and several Trust board members have accounts on here so why don''t they communicate with us?For example, I asked a simple question earlier on this thread........"Can anyone list their achievements in the last fifteen years - one even?"You would have thought they would be proud and happy to respond and probably gain new members as a consequence.But no, nothing!

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="PurpleCanary"]a range of opinions from several fans'' groups, is where possible for the Trust to take on board and promote the views of the likes of Capital Canaries et al...[/quote]Now Purps, this is where I have a problem with the Trust, shouldn''t they promote the views of ALL fans particularly as they proclaim themselves to be ''giving the fans a voice''? So how do they glean fans views when they seem so reluctant to communicate with us? This thread is a perfect example, why aren''t they on here explaining the benefits of this new accord with the club? Surely if they want to get their message across the best way to do that is to interact with fans wherever they are and what better place to do this than on here, the main Norwich City Football Club fan''s site? The irony is, this is Archant''s own message board, cljck on ''opinion'' at the top and up comes the name of the Trust''s chairman (who also writes a weekly column in the EDP) and several Trust board members have accounts on here so why don''t they communicate with us?For example, I asked a simple question earlier on this thread........"Can anyone list their achievements in the last fifteen years - one even?"You would have thought they would be proud and happy to respond and probably gain new members as a consequence.But no, nothing!

[/quote]Lapps, I believe the Trust does talk to other fans groups, probably including Capital Canaries. If so I imagine the Trust will at least sometimes take their views on board.But there is a problem with the concept of "the views of all fans". That suggests a consensus we both know would hardly ever exist on any topic to do with Norwich City!For example, PaulineFowler says the Trust doesn''t represent the views of the real fans. Fine. That may be true. In that case all Pauline needs to do is gather those real fans into a group and ask the club to be granted the same kind of consultative access the Trust has worked to achieve, Until she or others take the trouble to do that I will continue to be baffled that the Trust  is being criticised for actually acting to recreate a dialogue with the club.

The Trust appear to have tried to affiliate themselves and work in conjunction with numerous groups recently. Forces2Canaries and Proud Canaries being two from the top of my head. They’ve also taken people like Jack Reeve on board who has a sizeable following on his TalkNorwichCity site. I think it’s fair to say that they’re trying to reach out to fan groups in order to provide a collective front. That said, they’re not a protest group. There will undoubtedly be fans across the whole spectrum of opinions that don’t identify with the Trust and its goals but the group most likely left without “a voice” are those that are, well, anti-club or anti-board or anti-Delia or are pining for an international playboy to shower the club in disposable cash.

I don’t really see that as an issue; the avenues that have been opened would soon be closed again if some of the abusive and disrespectful folk that are noisiest on social media were granted an audience at the top table. That said, these folk have their place, opinions and right to voice them. Purple is right; they need organisation and leadership and moderation if they wish to be heard. Much like a toddler having a tantrum doesn’t get their own way, stamping your proverbial feet on Twitter and making wild accusations will get them nowhere.

If they group together and form reasonable and coherent arguments, then they’d find more support and would be more likely to have their concerns addressed.

As for the anti-Sainty stuff on Twitter; it’s personal. Again, if these folk don’t feel that Robin is the best person to represent “the fans” (surely an impossible task even when we’re good) then they’d be better served joining up and explaining the whys and wherefores or contesting/objecting to his leadership rather than making ridiculous claims about the man on social media.

[quote user="king canary"]I''ve been critical of some of Robin''s tweets but having been made aware of some of the vile abuse he''s been on the receiving end of I''m not surprised he''s logging off twitter.

You may not like some of what he says and you may not agree with the Trust''s position (I certainly don''t pretty often) but some of what he has been subjected to is so far beyond the pale it is unbelievable.[/quote]I wouldn''t excuse some of the recent stuff that''s been aimed in his direction, but him and the trust seem to be rather pro-active in dragging issues up, inflaming the situation and trying to get people banned during the ensuing fall out. A fan group (which is purportedly representing fans) experiencing a rough time on Twitter is to be expected in the real world. Instead of taking a neutral stance and trying to calm incidents, the present situation has been allowed to get totally out of hand with each group being hostile toward and baiting the other.It got to the stage where one person pretended to be selling tickets at a vastly inflated price in order to lure the Canary Trust into publically reporting them to the club on Twitter. The trust could have privately reported the matter instead of adding fuel to the fire.The leadership of the Canary Trust ought to be more diplomatic and discreet in similar instances. I''m not sure Robin Sainty is suitable to lead the group if he can''t handle the situation on social media.

[quote user="Big Vince"]If the Board was serious about taking fans seriously and wanted to be truly democratic, it would hold an immediate referendum of all club members on whether the club ought to be sold.[/quote]Sold to whom? Do we have a buyer lined up?Most referendums offer a simple yes/no answer, so what would the question be?If it''s "Do you think the club ought to be sold to a benevolent local billionaire who has supported the club all his/her life and is willing to buy the club outright and invest hundreds of millions of their own money in a long-term and sustainable growth strategy without demanding any return on investment", I''d vote yes.If it''s "Do you think the club ought to be sold to Giovanni di Stefano", I''d vote no.