Sign in to follow this  
PurpleCanary

Having Trust in the future

The club have signed a memorandum of understanding (I think that is a posh way of describing an agreement) with the Canaries Trust, promising consultation on decisions affecting the identity of the club:http://www.pinkun.com/norwich-city/norwich-city-canaries-trust-unveil-new-agreement-1-5378184A real feather in the cap of the Trust and excellent news which I know will be welcomed by all posters here.

So basically the trust get to hear about stuff first, you really think the board would give two hoots about the opinion of the trust? The board will do whatever they want its simple as that.

The reason they''ve come up with this is to keep them happy and firmly by the side of any decisions they want to make, most clubs supporter trust groups go against bad decisions the board make to grow their share numbers, not ours they live in the dream one day one of them will get a seat among Delias little chums

[quote user="PurpleCanary"]The club have signed a memorandum of understanding (I think that is a posh way of describing an agreement) with the Canaries Trust, promising consultation on decisions affecting the identity of the club:http://www.pinkun.com/norwich-city/norwich-city-canaries-trust-unveil-new-agreement-1-5378184A real feather in the cap of the Trust and excellent news which I know will be welcomed by all posters here.[/quote]

Nothing new hear we had the Supporters Consultative Group from mid 90''s onwards. No formal agreement was in place with club or needed

Robin used to be a regular poster. Unless he is here under a new identity I don''t think he does any more. I found him to be a nice guy and writes a good column for the Pinkun. This can only be a good thing. I''d like to see Duncan E on the Trust, always writes good posts about the club''s activities.

That sounds a bit harsh Leatherman

I believe there is another ''group'' of businessmen who have a non executive role within NCFC. I am led to believe they were instrumental in bringing a player into the club a few years back by donating a hefty some of money when the club was struggling. They have had meetings with the previous CEO so I assume they still have those meetings with the present board. I don''t think the board takes much notice of them either.

Further to PC''s opening post, it''s worth noting the consultation agreement concerning ''major decisions'' extends to ''other supporter groups'' and not solely the Canaries Trust.

All in all, it appears to be a good move for everyone involved. Fans want better links to the club''s decision-makers so that they can raise and debate topics that matter - surely this is a decent step towards achieving that?

[quote user="Rock The Boat"]Robin used to be a regular poster. Unless he is here under a new identity I don''t think he does any more. I found him to be a nice guy and writes a good column for the Pinkun. This can only be a good thing. I''d like to see Duncan E on the Trust, always writes good posts about the club''s activities.[/quote]

Very kind of you to say so RTB but I’m really not qualified for such a position.

Robin is a nice guy but the recent "Trust statement" debacle did nothing for their credibility.

More fan involvement is always a good thing in my opinion. You''ll never find a group to represent the views of all and I don''t envy the trust in doing that.

However, if you are leading a group that purports to represent fans then it is probably wise not to call them ''retarded'' for disagreeing with you, nor is it wise to be slagging off the main message board fans discuss Norwich on.

[quote user="king canary"]However, if you are leading a group that purports to represent fans then it is probably wise not to call them ''retarded'' for disagreeing with you, nor is it wise to be slagging off the main message board fans discuss Norwich on.[/quote]Like this from yesterday you mean?...........

Jan 31

Jesus wept, just read the pink''un thread on the Glenn Middleton move. Any stick will do!

If Robin felt that strongly there was nothing stopping him from logging on and putting his point of view forward, rather than sniping from afar.

Placate the noisy but actually polite nieghbour with a glass of red, feed them what you like and be sweet about it to keep them onsideits all garbagePR trash

Sainty’s a hypocritical egotist. Went on the warpath reporting all and sundry for abuse but in recent weeks I’ve seen him label others as “retarded”, “idiot”, and made fun of mental health issues. Very patronising to those who disagree with him.

@Hoola, have to agree. If you agree with him its all very nice, but as soon as you say anything anti-club or anti-board its like the walls go up.

I''m not really sure the trust represents the fans, and I''m not sure what they have actually achieved - maybe somebody can enlighten us?

Is it any coincidence that the Trust appears to be very pro-board? If Sainty was critical of the board would this agreement have happened?

I am on a consultative committee for a company connected with one of the Directors, and I do believe that having such means of communication in place can make a difference.

The officials/Directors at NCFC would have to be inhuman to ignore all the comments and opinions from the fans.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"]The club have signed a memorandum of understanding (I think that is a posh way of describing an agreement) with the Canaries Trust, promising consultation on decisions affecting the identity of the club:http://www.pinkun.com/norwich-city/norwich-city-canaries-trust-unveil-new-agreement-1-5378184A real feather in the cap of the Trust and excellent news which I know will be welcomed by all posters here.[/quote]

Declaring an interest as an inactive member of the Trust...As outlined by the memorandum there will be scheduled meetings (probably no more than four a year), with the Trust particularly having a say on what might call heritage questions, including changes in ownership  or any move from Carrow Road, plus more day to day issues affecting fans. There is also an indication that the club will share financial information to explain its views and decisions, with that level of information perhaps going beyond what will be made public.Now I was not a member (I think Felixfan was?) but what this sounds like is a move back towards the Supporters'' Consultative Group that was - predictably - axed by Bowkett and McNally soon after they arrived, even though it seemed like a good idea  and one that worked reasonably well.As I understand it, though, the SCG had an obvious design flaw, in that the members were invited to join by the club, so there was a perception, rightly or wrongly, that it was the club only talking to favourite people it approved of. A problem avoided now, since I assume the club cannot choose which members of the Trust attend these meetings.Of course this having a say is only consultation and not true democracy. There is no suggestion the club will be bound by the views  of the Trust. We are not yet at the stage where Carrow Road becomes the kind of  Venezuelan- or Cuban-style Marxist workers'' co-operative for which I know most posters here yearn.

''since I assume the club cannot choose which members of the Trust attend these meetings.''

One assumes though, that the Trust will chose/select who attends, and is unlikely to bring along anyone with a more controversial or argumentative nature - or will avoid raising the views of those who radically disagree with them.

I''d expect topics of discussion to include views on safe standing, ticket pricing, matchday experience etc., and less about the quality of signings, team performance or leadership/ownership of the club.

[quote user="Woodman"]''., and less about the quality of signings, team performance or leadership/ownership of the club.[/quote]

I should think so too.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"]

As I understand it, though, the SCG had an obvious design flaw, in that the members were invited to join by the club, so there was a perception, rightly or wrongly, that it was the club only talking to favourite people it approved of.

[/quote]The SCG was indeed by invite only but it embraced representation from the local branch of the FSA,NCISA,Northern Canaries,Capital Canaries, FONCY,The Ambassadors Club,Club Canary and The Historical Trust.The Norwich City Trust ( now Canaries Trust ) were invited but never attended.

[quote user="Woodman"]''since I assume the club cannot choose which members of the Trust attend these meetings.''

One assumes though, that the Trust will chose/select who attends, and is unlikely to bring along anyone with a more controversial or argumentative nature - or will avoid raising the views of those who radically disagree with them.

I''d expect topics of discussion to include views on safe standing, ticket pricing, matchday experience etc., and less about the quality of signings, team performance or leadership/ownership of the club.[/quote]I don''t assume that at all.

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="PurpleCanary"]

As I understand it, though, the SCG had an obvious design flaw, in that the members were invited to join by the club, so there was a perception, rightly or wrongly, that it was the club only talking to favourite people it approved of.

[/quote]The SCG was indeed by invite only but it embraced representation from the local branch of the FSA,NCISA,Northern Canaries,Capital Canaries, FONCY,The Ambassadors Club,Club Canary and The Historical Trust.The Norwich City Trust ( now Canaries Trust ) were invited but never attended.[/quote]

And it worked very well for a time but got a bit stale.

I quite agree Mr Fruit but i was making the point to Purple that there was indeed a very good cross representation from the supporter base on the SCG even if it was by invite only who probably if you totalled their numbers up were there on behalf of a few thousand fans.Diverse views were a common theme as you know running throughout which was good but will that now happen moving forward ?

Surely diverse views are needed for this to work, but I don’t see the Canaries Trust/Robin Sainty doing that. It seems if you dare say anything anti-club/Board you are seen as the enemy

It already seems he is trying to report somebody that said something to him on Twitter to the club in order to get that person banned?

Yeah I have, but don’t see how that correlates to a ban from the football club.

From Twitter yes, maybe report it to the police if you are that offended, but a ban from the club?

[quote user="TIL 1010"]I quite agree Mr Fruit but i was making the point to Purple that there was indeed a very good cross representation from the supporter base on the SCG even if it was by invite only who probably if you totalled their numbers up were there on behalf of a few thousand fans.Diverse views were a common theme as you know running throughout which was good but will that now happen moving forward ?[/quote]From all I read about the SCG it was a diverse group of fans. I said at the time the club had made a mistake closing it down. My only point was that because it was by invitation it was seen by some posters as being a clique of club favourites. And because of that its demise was gleefully - and short-sightedly - welcomed by quite a few.Whether the Trust will be in effect as diverse is a fair question. It has links with other supporter groups so if it is sensible it will use this special relationship with the club to speak on their behalf.At a tangent, I am slightly surprised no-one has referred to the point that the club seems to be saying it may divulge explantory information to the Trust that will not be made public. I suppose that is a tribute to the Trust that the club feels it can rely  on it not to break that confidence.