Sign in to follow this  
pete

Moritz looks good

Moritz who came on for Tom T after an hour took TT''s role on immediately with aplomb and then started to ping 40 yard passes to the right and left. Looks some player have to wonder why he was loaned in first place. Hope we can sign on permanent deal as compensation for what looks Madders departure.

[quote user="Nuff Said"]I had to do a double-take when I saw who posted this.

Pete, are you all right mate?[/quote]His account''s been hacked [:P]

His vision and passing was top-notch, you could see why he''s played for some top sides. I imagine the issue is one of consistency as surely if he was producing that level week in week out he''d be playing for his parent side. If DF can get him sorted it will be good to watch.

The disturbing thought is that Farke/Webber might have more of these type of players lined up for us this summer.What on earth were the board (Delia who controls everything) thinking of ?I can''t see us getting anywhere near L1 now.... or even bankruptcy.Sad times....................

..................... for Keith Scott, Derby Canary, Highland Canary, Iron Stan, e al

Yes, obviously a bit of a player.

Seemed to be like Vrancic but with the other foot, effortlessly perfect pings to either side. Lower centre of gravity and more of a runner though.

Obviously a number 10 by trade so will be interesting to see what hes like in that position. If we have an option to buy he could be a very good signing.

[quote user="hogesar"]Yes, obviously a bit of a player.

Seemed to be like Vrancic but with the other foot, effortlessly perfect pings to either side. Lower centre of gravity and more of a runner though.

Obviously a number 10 by trade so will be interesting to see what hes like in that position. If we have an option to buy he could be a very good signing.[/quote]I would have that would have be the case, as I cannot see much purpose otherwise. It was not the case that we would need other ''hands to the pumps'' in a promotion push when his signing was being looked at.I would imagine that as with Trybull and most likely Edwards there had been ''problems'' and so the club anted to be sure that those players could ''knuckle down'' and get on with the job before we committed to a long term contract.It would therefore not be in our interest to achieve this then simply hand the player back.

Farke was asked about the option to buy Leitner in the pre-Brentford press conference.
He said he didn''t want to talk too much about it, but if Leitner and Norwich were both happy at the end of the loan then there is a possibility to get a deal done.

It’s worth adding that, as good as Leitner was, we were also playing 10 men that seemed be playing with a back 6 across their penalty area, leaving acres of space 25 yards out

Will be interesting to see if the same passing levels are achieved against Derby or Ipswich

That''s where many on here fall flat when they talk about the ''team for next week''.Much depends on how Farke and others view the best way to set up against the opposition - given how they are likely to play, and so which players will be best suited to that game, rather than those in form.As to Leitner I''m not sure what he was previously issued with but his suggested failing in Germany could well have been down to his attitude or off field problems. Farke knew him and would have known whether he could get his head down and get on with the job. Yesterday''s 30 mins suggests he is up for it - but then so was Grabban until the ''hissy fit'' as with Oliveira.For the moment what is pleasing is the club (Farke/Webber) have been able to bring in players of the quality of Zimmermn, Trybull, Vrancic and now Leitner... at a relatively low cost. Prior to that we found Lewis and Maddison for a relative low cost. There are others like Phillips, Fonkeu, Abrahams and Godfrey before themIt suggests we have a very bright future ahead of us.

Agreed, I was blown away by the quality of Leitner. Many people have criticized the boring possession but I thought we handled the situation great against a quality team.

Leitner was handed a perfect opportunity to show what he can do with the ball as Boro gave him plenty of time to get his head up and look around.

His vision and reading of the game looks class (much like Vrancic) but the true tests will be playing a team with 11 on the pitch pressing higher than the their penalty area.

This guy is the real deal, ball he played to Lewis reminded me of a pass from Lansbury to Holt resulting in a goal.

Totally pin point out of no-where.

Very exciting player on our hands.

He looked an exciting prospect to me. Great composure on the ball and a good eye for a pass - really hope we can keep him, perhaps as Maddison''s replacement.

Although he wasn''t under pressure he showed that he could pick the lock and we have lacked that at times this season.

Great vision and awareness.

Definitely looked class - and was always keen to receive the ball. When he came on, it looked like everyone was keen to get him involved, I suspect he has impressed some on the training ground.

It is hard to judge too much on yesterday though. Ten men Boro very rarely put him under any pressure at all. Looking forward to seeing more.

Are there many rumours of an option to buy?

I gather the other Germans in the squad are astonished we have managed to get him in. Of course it is only a loan, and he has endured a pretty awful time since he left Stuttgart, for whatever reasons. A cynic might argue that he should do well with us, but not so well Augsburg want him back...

If he likes it here and does well then I think he can tell Augsburg that he''s not going back. A plus point is that he wouldn''t be moving to one of Augsburg''s rivals. A small thing of note, but a video appeared of him on a fans'' group facebook page before the game saying how much he was enjoying himself here and looking forward to getting on the pitch. A player drectly communicating with us fans is no bad thing, a good sign imo.

[quote user="Felixfan"]A class player but probably out of our price range. Just got to enjoy him whilst he is here.[/quote]If we get £20m for Maddison and £8m for Klose, money really shouldn''t be an issue. Appears to be just the player we need if the club has genuine promotion ambitions.

[quote user="Felixfan"]A class player but probably out of our price range. Just got to enjoy him whilst he is here.[/quote]His value has been going down rather than up over the last two or three years. I think the crucial factors would be whether Augsburg (or another Bundesliga club) want him for next season, and whether at this stage of his career he cares more about playing football than perhaps making up the squad numbers at a prestigious club. Always assuming yesterday''s performance (under favourable circumstances) was not a flash in the pan.

Indeed he did, we can only hope to get him in permanent, probably depends if we can get a Naismith to fall in love up north and agree to terminate his contract mutually agreeing a settlement.

Agree with most of the comments; he did well with the space and time he was given. Passing was spot on, but the test will be when he has less time and when some of the Championship''s cloggers get in and around him (like the way Sheff Utd kicked Maddison out of the game recently).

Would also be interesting to know how and why he lost his way at his most recent clubs.

Leitner has played almost 100 games in the Bundesliga, which isn''t a league known for giving players much time and space - it is where the ''gegenpress'' was ''invented'' after all. He should be fine when teams are pressing high, especially as he was coached by Klopp and Wagner, two masters of the high press.

He suffered a nasty ankle injury a few seasons back and it has been said he was never the same player since.

His move to Lazio was a bit of a mistake for him, he was stuck behind players like Biglia, Savic and Parolo and never settled. He arranged a move to Ausburg, only for the manager who wanted to bring him in to get sacked before Moritz even arrived.

Will be interesting to see if he can get going again, if he reaches the level he was at in 2012/2013 then he won''t be around at Norwich a long time.