Sign in to follow this  
TCCANARY

Ask Webber

I''d be interested to know I''d the financial situation is what he expected coming into the club or if he''s been surprised by any of it.

He did talk about that shortly after his appointment. He said that Steve Stone had explained it all clearly and he knew the situation well before arriving, but was surprised by the size of some player''s wages upon getting the job.

I guess he had seen a ''total'' rather than the individual break down - which would be sensitive information and not available for someone in the interview process.

Webber isn''t an idiot, and was working at a Championship club - he would know the kind of budget he''d be likely to get and just how much cost cutting was needed. I think this complete overhaul and a strategy of developing young players is a large part of what attracted him to the job.

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]He did talk about that shortly after his appointment. He said that Steve Stone had explained it all clearly and he knew the situation well before arriving, but was surprised by the size of some player''s wages upon getting the job.

I guess he had seen a ''total'' rather than the individual break down - which would be sensitive information and not available for someone in the interview process.

Webber isn''t an idiot, and was working at a Championship club - he would know the kind of budget he''d be likely to get and just how much cost cutting was needed. I think this complete overhaul and a strategy of developing young players is a large part of what attracted him to the job.[/quote]
[Y]
I was going to say that question was put to him in a couple of interviews early on.

The questions he really has to answer IMHO are about signing Edwards and letting Glenn Middleton leave; I just can''t see how that can be justified given everything we''ve been told about needing to develop youth talents going forward. No benefit to Norwich that I can see from those deals, and you have to wonder if that''s the straw that broke the camel''s back in terms of pushing Middleton to want out? Certainly if I was a promising 18yr old midfielder who''d just been told he wasn''t yet good enough for 1st team selection and had to wait for a chance, and the club then bought in another 18yr old in a similar position on loan who''s also not good enough for the first team but is now ahead in the queue, then I''d probably be reevaluating my future...

There are 3 Webber videos up on the Norwich Youtube and a pretty brief interview with Goreham here:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p05xmkvs

[quote user="tired"]There are 3 Webber videos up on the Norwich Youtube and a pretty brief interview with Goreham here:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p05xmkvs[/quote]
Thought it was a good watch to be honest.
Interesting to see that we were in for that RB who ended up at Benfica, and can''t really argue with what he said about Middleton.