Sign in to follow this  
kick it off

IFollow issue?

Has anyone else had any problems buying a match pass for Derby game and beyond?
The option to buy a match pass not appearing for me at all, no matter where I set my VPN.
Is this an issue for everyone or is it just my account?

[quote user="kick it off"]Has anyone else had any problems buying a match pass for Derby game and beyond?
The option to buy a match pass not appearing for me at all, no matter where I set my VPN.
Is this an issue for everyone or is it just my account?
[/quote]Who issues them ?

Do you usually buy it this early? I thought you could only buy the passes 15 mins before the game.

For what it''s worth, I always have issues with iFollow. It''s great for watching Norwich games from out here in America* but the service itself is pretty poor. I have their number on speed dial.

Every game I''ve watched so far the connection falls out at half time becuase it thinks I''m watching on more than one device/browser, which I''m not. I have to call them and they end up logging me out and changing my password pretty much every time.

If it''s not that then they ask me to clear all my browsing history. One week they tell me I need to be using Safari and the next week they say the best browser is Chrome.

It''s a good job I''m not really calling from America every week!

*Oxford

Never had any issues with it dropping out or thinking I''m on multiple devices splendid rush.

I bought all of January at the start of the month.

Will wait until closer to the game to worry about this though.

The only time I''ve experienced issues like that is when the game is the featured one on the Channel 5 Footie League show. It is entirely possible that the game against Derby would be selected as the featured game, I guess.No idea why the issue arises.

Ps. I''m out in Holland or Germany most weekends [:D]

Oh for an edit button!Should have added, perhaps the issue arises because of something to do with broadcast rights?

Just to add a few things to this discussion:

- I used to get the error that I was watching on more than one device and my video kept cutting out. Figured out it was because they no longer allow you to listen to the commentary on one tab and watch the game on another, this was driving me mad until I realised. So it''s one or the other now.

- Opera browser has an inbuilt VPN and is free, just don''t change where you are located each week and you shouldn''t have a problem.

- make sure you don''t log in on your phone ever, even if abroad, as this will be considered logging in from the UK if you have a UK sim and will prevent you watching future games, even from abroad, unless you speak to them on livechat to correct it.

- theoretically you should only be able to login in the same country you registered. This doesn''t seem to be the case though, I registered in France with a French address yet I "watch" in the Netherlands each week

- to create an account you need to give a non UK billing address, it does not need to match your card billing address - see point above, I suggest going for the country you will be "watching" from.

- some games just don''t get match commentary, sometimes it will come on at half time, others you will have it for the full game - it''s just how it seems to go. I always send a live chat message when there is no commentary in the hope they will sort it out.

- If a game is being shown on tv abroad or in the UK then you won''t be able to watch on ifollow. Apparently there is a schedule of these games somewhere but I always just use the live chat option to check if I don''t have a stream.

- can''t comment on the match passes as I brought a season pass.

It''s nothing to do with broadcast rights - the game is not televised elsewhere.
Can somebody (genuinely) outside the UK try logging on to the match centre and see if you have the option to buy a match pass or not please?

https://www.efl.com/clubs-and-competitions/tv-games/international-games/

Here is the list of games that won''t be on iFollow due to a clash in broadcasting rights.

I understand the they are trying to get smarter in stopping people using VPNs due to complaints from broadcasters that too many people are subverting their rights.

Probably tightened up their code. Kio, is your debit/credit card or direct debit reg''d in the UK?

[quote user="Ian"]Probably tightened up their code. Kio, is your debit/credit card or direct debit reg''d in the UK?[/quote]
That''s what I''m worried about and why I''m hoping someone who is abroad can check whether they have the option to buy a match pass or not. Yeah, it''s registered in UK.

Decided to just go to the game lappin. Wasn''t sorted when I left. My dad''s acct is the same so I''m guessing they''ve tightened up on UK bank cards.

[quote user="fonejacker"]I am overseas but no option to buy a match pass.

FFS.[/quote]

EDIT: Apols, I am actually able to buy a match pass with UK card, so might be a VPN issue.