Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

Goodbye!.

I''ve really had it with posters who''s only defence in a debate with me, is to throw in my face, that for the present, I can''t go to Carrow Road because of my illness.

They then hide behind the words ''only a joke''. Its not a joke, its a nasty remark from nasty people.

And I don''t belong on a nasty message board.

I don''t wish to be part of a message board, where my honesty is rewarded with low and spiteful remarks.

So King, Dicky, Ronbol and Co, enjoy yourself, I''m off.

Call yourselves City fans?, because I don''t.

Bye.

well said whiz,

its alright for a heated debate but personal insults and remarks are not really welcome.

we shall miss you 1st whiz

He''ll be back (probably inside a week)
Mark my words, I might not be a wizard, but I''ve seen more internet forum attention seekers pulling the same stunts than hes had hot dinners.

I should add that having a go at Wiz for not attending games is well out of order given the circumstances.

[quote]I''ve really had it with posters who''s only defence in a debate with me, is to throw in my face, that for the present, I can''t go to Carrow Road because of my illness. They then hide behind the words ...[/quote]

Just to add I don''t hide behind jokes, I am personally prepared to meet face to face and make a point that I have made a few times to you already if your that bothered.

This is free speech, we are all entitled to make it. If you can''t hack FRIENDLY BANTER then it''s your problem. If you read the posts i have written i have NEVER NEVER once referred to your illness in kind of personal insult i only make the following point. If you don''t attend you can''t have the same opinion as someone that does. Nothing to do with illness or anything of the sorts.

I don''t attend many away games and can''t possibly have the a better opinion than someone that does.

If you decide to throw your toys from the pram thats your problem not mine, you are the one that has made it personal by calling me nasty - not me!

[quote]I''ve really had it with posters who''s only defence in a debate with me, is to throw in my face, that for the present, I can''t go to Carrow Road because of my illness. They then hide behind the words ...[/quote]

Hurrah, although I suspect he will be back soon with the usual tat.

for first wiz, if he is still reading the board

it is a sad day when someone decides that they cannot continue posting because they have been hurt by fellow posters, i haven''t yet trawled through the post which you refer to wiz, but have seen numerous references to the fact you cannot form an opinion if you don''t attend games - i assume you have watched some games via tv, wiz, or at least had some idea what is going on through good old roy?

for what it''s worth, i have agreed with wiz on several topics, and actually met the guy ages ago during the Chase Out era - i go to most home games and a few away and have done for centuries but i never expect that my opinion is 100% - and on some other subjects i am never going to agree with him, such is life, but i hope if i disagree with someone it never becomes personal.  If, for whatever reason any of us dislikes certain posters, then to be honest we don''t have to read them, or respond

i was going to PM this to you Wiz, but thought that someone at least should say this and i hope that i won''t be alone, if i am, then so be it, it is my opinion at the end of the day and this board will be a sadder place without you wiz - i hope you continue to follow our club and that things do turn around and we achieve promotion this season

whatever happens, continued good health and i hope you and Mrs Whiz don''t have anymore health scares

ROTFL   , Wiz  got one of his predictions right  , and he gets the hump !  have a good birthday Wiz ,  we all know you`ll be back  as  the blackhearted pirate  in a day or two

[quote]Hurrah, although I suspect he will be back soon with the usual tat.[/quote]

oh yeah, lets celebrate one of our best members who posts regulary leaving the forum.

just great

[quote]oh yeah, lets celebrate one of our best members who posts regulary leaving the forum. just great[/quote]

Sadly the majority of us have better things to do than spending our time slagging off city on message boards, fresh air for example

If you were really serious, you would''ve just left, rather than announcing it. I for one of many I am sure will not be sad to see you go. You may post A LOT, and as much as I would like all us City fans to get along, your constant pesimistic whinings are quite simply a bore. Goodbye, although we all know you''ll be back...which is a shame

[quote]Sadly the majority of us have better things to do than spending our time slagging off city on message boards, fresh air for example[/quote]

And sadly, some people like you seem to condone the ridiculous and childish retorts that have lead to 1st Wiz''s leaving.

If you don''t like him, argue with the bloke, don''t throw the fact he''s recently had a heart attack in his face.

Idiots.

[quote]And sadly, some people like you seem to condone the ridiculous and childish retorts that have lead to 1st Wiz''s leaving. If you don''t like him, argue with the bloke, don''t throw the fact he''s recentl...[/quote]

His heart attack has nothing to do with it.  He just slags off our club the whole time for the sake of it - surely not the point of the message board, is it? 

I look forward to the return of my fellow captain. I will miss the often odd changes of opinion but no doubt he will return to amuse/annoy us once again. Good on ya Wiz. No one comes close to matching Captain Wiz Jack 1st Sparrow

I put this post on another thread and apologies to those who read it there but I want to make the same point and haven''t the energy to reword it when I said what I felt then.

So

"What really matters in my view is respect for each other.

Those who do not get to games should repect the views of those who do....they were there and saw for them selves.

Those who do go should repect the fact that many of us because of geography, constant sell outs, health (it does anger me to see the obviously unwell wiz derided for his non-attendance when it is clear that he would be there but for his health especially when there are all sorts of valid reasons to deride him) or family responsibilities cannot get to the games.  Deride locals who choose to go to the shops rather than fill empty seats at FCR but not the rest of us.  Have you tried to get a casual ticket in the last few years?

Those who go should respect the fact that 12 games were live on sky last season, radio, canaries world, websites and press coverage do give nonattenders some idea what is going on. How many of us were in Belfast last night yet we all have opinions on what happened

Apart from subterfuge binners, we all love the canaries.  Whether this is your first season or your 50th, share that love in adversity and success.  Respect and admire those who feel the same irrespective of the minor disagreements between us.  Most viewpoints have a legitimate opposite which can be held without falling out.

Respect:

A man crossing a bridge in Norwich sees another about to jump inthe Wensum.

"Wait" he says"Let''s talk. There must be another way.  Are you a canaries fan?"

"Yes".  "Great, me too. Since when?"

"1976". "Great, me too. Season ticket?"

"Yes". "Great me Too. Snakepit?"

"Yes" "Great me too. Worthy in or out?"

"In". "Me too. Drury or Charlton?"

"Drury". "Me too. Brennan or Huckerby?"

"Huckerby". "Me too.  Gallacher or Ward for the bench"

"Gallacher"

"Are you mad?  Call youself a true supporter? Die imposter!!!"

Man pushes second man off bridge and goes home cursing undercover binners whilst congratulating himself on being a true fan."

UNITED IN OUR LOVE FOR CITY

IP Logged

[quote]His heart attack has nothing to do with it. He just slags off our club the whole time for the sake of it - surely not the point of the message board, is it?[/quote]

So you think that then justifys throwing the man''s condition in his face, reminding him of being unable to visit Carrow Road, and thus having his opinions matter less?

If you disagree with 1st Wiz or anyone, debate with them! Give reasons for your thinking that involve Norwich City, do not use the personal condition of someone else to rubbish their thinking - everyone is entitled to an opinion, whether they attend matches or not.

The point of this message board is to engage in debate. 1st Wiz stimulates that debate by his highly controversial (and, granted, sometimes unwarranted) negative opinions of our club. You don''t like it? Then I suggest not visiting message boards again, Dicky. It''s clear you don''t understand the purpose of a message board.

I think it''s sad if any member of these boards feel that they can''t contribute anymore because of the snide comments made by certain other members.

A few people on here need to get off their high-horses for once and remember what this board is for - discussing issues, not judging people.

[quote]His heart attack has nothing to do with it. He just slags off our club the whole time for the sake of it - surely not the point of the message board, is it?[/quote]

so what?

its for discussion, and if slagging of the board is the discussion then so be it. I slag of the board, players and team from time to time, and you do too dicky, your not a so perfect hardcore fan that never moans are you?

Can someone show me these snide comments? I haven''t seen a single one. Absolute rubbish.
To accuse Dicky or Ronbol or anyone of doing that is frankly offensive.

What people have done is that when Wiz attacks the team or single players, they point out that he''s basing his criticism on second-hand reports.

Many other people on this board, myself included, can''t make it to games for many reasons, but no one says anything to us because we don''t continually spurt unfounded criticism.

Yes, personal comments are never fair, but let''s be honest -- Wiz regularly used to sink to the level of insulting people outright. Whilst retalitory comments can''t be condoned, it''s quite amusing to think that he can''t take what he gives out!

Anyway, as Yella Fella said, enough time wasted on this I think!

isnt this getting a bit over the top? Both taking cheap shots at someone because of their condition but also all the fuss about leaving the board and changing names and everything.

I think Wiz should stay, although i often disagree i do respect his views and he makes good threads. A lot more valuable than anyone who will use things like medical conditions to win an argument