Sign in to follow this  
Icecream Snow

"Two Games After Getting Fit He Wanted to Leave"

[url]http://www.pinkun.com/norwich-city/canaries-big-money-transfer-move-pritchard-huddersfield-town-1-5390057[/url]Not surprised really, that Webber said it, or that Pritchard wanted a return to the Premiership.

And what a great career move it’s looking to be for him....

Indeed.

So, he says “We managed to sell him and that helped us significantly strengthen the squad, despite losing a top player, and helped reduce some of the financial pressure.

“The summer will be a jump still in that respect but not as big. We didn’t have bids for any other players but if we had done then doing that deal enabled us not to sell.”

What is meant by “The summer will be a jump still in that respect”?

[quote user="GenerationA47"]What is meant by “The summer will be a jump still in that respect”?[/quote]
That we will still have a drop in income and financial pressure in the summer, but not as much as if we had kept hold of Pritchard.

I like Webber but I''m not a fan of him airing this sort of thing in public.

This is the second player he''s dug out after they''ve left and it just makes him look a bit petty.

[quote user="lincoln canary"]Must be true if Webber says so.

I really dislike the guy, and don’t believe half the stuff he comes out with. These interviews do himself no favours. Quite frankly, he comes across unprofessional and spiteful.[/quote]It''s the same way many who post on here feel about you. [:D]

Don’t think he’s said anything disrespectful, or am I missing something? Pritchard’s hardly setting the world alight at Huddersfield, and I would say he’s odds on to be plying his trade in the Championship next season. Which will be satisfyingly ironic should we defy the odds. Of course things can change but I didn’t think at the time it would prove to be a good move for him. Had he had knuckled down here and kept making headlines then I have no doubt he would have had the chance to join a PL team in the summer that is slightly more established. Still, his choice, and personally I’m not bothered - he’s good but not Leitner pedigree regardless how long we have him for.

James Maddison however is a very smart young man who knows how to handle himself. Should we carry on our form and surprise a few via the playoffs then we may well be able to keep hold of him in the summer. If not, then I’m sure he will benefit with a full season of PL football minimum for not spitting his dummy out ala Pritchard. Personally I’m pleased we kept the player who is far more gifted, Pritchard’s good but he won’t have the career Maddison does, of that I have no doubt.

Webber seems honest and everything he''s said is perfectly plausible.

Unless you think that Pritchard didn''t want to move, and was forced to take a salary increase in a higher profile league against his will...

It''s very plausible that Webber is telling the truth, Pritchard only joined us as an afterthought and probably only for more money... Mercenary springs to mind

[quote user="Iwans Big Toe"][quote user="lincoln canary"]Must be true if Webber says so.

I really dislike the guy, and don’t believe half the stuff he comes out with. These interviews do himself no favours. Quite frankly, he comes across unprofessional and spiteful.[/quote]It''s the same way many who post on here feel about you. [:D][/quote][:D]

I''d say there is clearly a bit of spin at least.

It''s a convenient excuse for the club after an unpopular sale as it suggests it''s all down to the player, nothing the club could have done. Bit of a coincidence that we''ve had this twice in the last 6 months, yet I don''t remember any stories about Redmond, Brady, Olsson, Snodgrass etc forcing their way out.

Not sure how I feel about this, did Webber need to say it? Even if true, all feels a bit cheap.,much like the PR machine trying to cover up a few wrongs over Howsons departure last week, show a bit of class , don''t dis a player after the event, next time our paths cross with AP the club will be publishing out some pro Pritchard garb..

Let me get this straight. People are giving the guy (and club) sh1t for having sold him in the summer, so in an interview he tells us why we sold him, so (the same) people give him sh1t for being unprofessional?

What do you actually want from him or the club?

[quote user="cornish sam"]Let me get this straight. People are giving the guy (and club) sh1t for having sold him in the summer, so in an interview he tells us why we sold him, so (the same) people give him sh1t for being unprofessional?

What do you actually want from him or the club?[/quote]

My thoughts exactly. Although I’m sure you meant January and not summer.

I don’t see what’s so unbelievable about this. We likely didn’t hear this much before because the fans haven’t been this riled up for the better part of a decade.

Also note if what was said about Howson and Pritchard were incorrect, then why hasn’t Howson came out and said “I wasn’t bothered if I stayed or left. But they wanted to sell me for the money.” Players have as much as a forum to do so as managers/directors. And with the way agents are I don’t think they would let an untrue malicious story about a client go without rebuttal.

Also failing to see the unprofessional side. Fans have asked for more openness. Especially in the delicate state our club is in. The club has responded and explained its reasoning for selling what many thought was a cruicial player and now you lot are having a contest to see who can find the biggest stick to beat the club with. It’s flabbergasting.

This is also the same player who came to us an hour or so before he was due to sign the dotted line for another club. So where is all this blind Pritchard loyalty coming from for a player that had little for our club?

I like the honesty and the fact that we are being told what happened. I don''t see anything spiteful in what Webber said. He and the club were being accused of cashing in against the player''s will so fair enough that he has set the record straight.

I’m struggling with the opinion that Webber is being dishonest, to put it mildly. There were lots of people wanting a club statement when Pritchard left, now we have got it and it’s being called spin and lies. They can’t win!

I like Webbers interviews.

It doesnt surprise me that Reading fans cant hack it though. Theyve always seemed a little weird to me.

The reality is two fold, we have readjust budgets, we need money to cover shortfall of tv monies and no doubt once Pritchard new Huddersfield were serious he wanted out.

His performance never dropped off for us, he was a good player now gone. Why the statement has only now come out is the suprise element, why not at the time?

Webber isn’t my cup of tea, his way of delivering information is very robust and one of it isn’t my fault.

Tend to agree though, info is info and pretty much good to get clarity from the club even if it’s a tad late.

As for why Howson never came back p, well he always came across as a guy who plays football and not too much about ego in the press, just a very good pro who moved on from our club.

Club can’t win sometimes.

‘Wanted to leave’ is far too ambiguous. It means little without context.

Did Huddersfield put the bid in, we informed Pritchard, and he decided it was something he wanted to look at?

Or did he just go marching into Webbers office and tell him he wanted to leave?

2 different scenarios, but in both cases it could be said he ‘wanted to leave’, but one makes Pritchard look a lot worse and worthy of criticism. In the first scenario, I’m sure we would all consider leaving our jobs for another if we were offered more money?

Its not too ambiguous. Is the next step that we start requesting transcripts of conversation?

I think he has said enough, as a fan you can take it whichever way you want, it doesn''t really matter. I mean he certainly wasnt sold against his will.

[quote user="cornish sam"]Let me get this straight. People are giving the guy (and club) sh1t for having sold him in the summer, so in an interview he tells us why we sold him, so (the same) people give him sh1t for being unprofessional?

What do you actually want from him or the club?[/quote][:D] Every bloody time isn''t it? If something paints the club in a good light/being right it''s a lie/fake news/club spin and and vice versa.

*We should hear more from the board and they should speak to the local press more often"

New sporting director is more open and honest with media and fans

*This new sporting director is unprofessional, keep it behind closed doors!*

Webber also said regarding Madders that he is well advised and didn''t want to leave for three months of premier league football and then back to where he started.

A sensible lad , well advised with a good family.

And then there''s Pritchard.

If anyone doesn''t think there is a fair amount of spin going on from Webber here then I''ve got a bridge to sell you.

There is also a bit of contradiction is some of his statements of late. In the video interviews he says we had to sell Pritchard to make up for previous mistakes, yet in the Pinkun article he states we didn''t have to sell him. Then later on in the same article he says selling Pritchard meant we would be able to reject any other bids for players- but I thought we didn''t have to sell Pritchard?

I appreciated honesty and transparency from the club but it doesn''t mean I have to accept everything they put out as gospel.