Sign in to follow this  
Yorkshire  Canary

we now look a very good side

Oh don''t get me wrong, I''m aware of that. I also like the look of him very much. But I do think the praise of him seems a little ott at present though?!

[quote user="lincoln canary"]Len... piggy really gets off on trying to point score over me. He’s not bothered about anyway else who is remotely negative.[/quote]I think young Hogesar is enjoying the boot being on the other foot

for a change. He''ll probably admit to being over-positive in the past.I myself was one of the biggest groaners until Webber showed up and halted the post-Chase/Stringer decline.

[quote user="Yorkshire Canary"]Well I will admit I got it wrong with farke he had built from the back and made us a very difficult side to beat albeit still short on goals. Its a pity we didn''t have a few more points in the bag as I think it is just too much to ask getting to the playoffs now we would need two points a game possible but very very hard. I have some cautious optimism for next season but thinks its vital to keep tettey klosse and maddison. If we have a good start gamble and keep them if we are off the pace at the halfway mark then fair enough maddison may be off. The importance of Gunn to this side cannot be underplayed either. Glad I renewed[/quote]
Aren''t you a little concerned that you have renewed too quickly Yorkie? A poor run of results put real doubts in your mind just as a good run of results has prompted this change of heart. With 15 games left there''s plenty of time for another bad run and of course another good run. With fleeting runs of form as a yardstick I guess there''s never going to be a good time to make up your mind. I hope you don''t end up doing the wrong thing....
[;)]

Yeah youre probably right Len. I try to look for positives before negatives which is probably why i didnt want AN sacked as early as some., for example. Which i was wrong about!

[quote user="Cantiaci Canary"]Who would have thought that things needed time before we saw something to get excited about?!!!

If we aren''t selling the club to a foreign billionaire then THIS is the way forward ... we couldn''t be in a helathier place at this stage.

It is genuinely fascinating watching this revolution and I''m proud to be a canary.[/quote]In total agreement with this. Even in the midst of that very poor run of results after Arsenal i never waivered  to much in my belief that eventually the new set up would start to show signs of fruition. That is now starting, yet i personally think its still very early days with much changes and challenges ahead, but am to, fascinated and quietly excited about the next year or two.Even if all of Gunn, Reed, Maddison and Leitner departed in the summer, i dont under estimate the ability of Webber to draft in new guys to keep the set up progressing for better times ahead. My actual one small concern is if in the summer we acquire another bunch of foreign players, the issue it could cause to the 7 home players in every 18 man match day squad rule. We are already sailing close to the wind somewhat regarding this, having  even more from abroad would make it even harder for sure.

Re the 7 home players for next season, we will have Morris, Godfrey, Matthews, Cantwell, Philips and the other U23s back, so its not quite as bad as it sounds. Louis Thompson should also be fit. I''d imagine at least 2 of those will probably be squad regulars.

But yes, its intriguing how the dynamic has changed to have to factor this into our decision making.

Yes there are positive signs but next year we have to find another keeper, 13 goals plus to replace Maddison and the likes of Russell Martin, Naismith are still on the books. Plus we need a striker to help Nelson (if he stays).

We have a core of decent championship players and the next transfer window will be crucial if we are to at least challenge for top 6.

Webber said he needed 3 transfer windows so proof will be our performance next year.

"Worth pointing out that we’re 13th in the league too."I suppose we are only 16 points off the relegation places...and luckily our superior goal difference should be worth an extra point.Apples

Things are on the up, for sure. But as it stands it is too little too late with regards for a play-off place. We''re midtable because overall this season we have performed like an average Championship side.

As Mike pointed out above, we''ll likely lose Maddison and Gunn in the summer. We have very little in terms of funds, so to progress the squad we really need Maddison to go for a decent sum of money.

From that we''ll need at least a new keeper, CAM and striker. I really hope we can keep hold of Lewis, as he''s already generating a bit of a reputation.

As a doubter, after a dodgy start and a baron period, overall I think it''s verging on "so Farke so good"Lots of big challenges looming on the horizon at the end of this season so next season will show us "Webber or not we''re on the right track"

[quote user="Making Plans"]As a doubter, after a dodgy start and a baron period, overall I think it''s verging on "so Farke so good"Lots of big challenges looming on the horizon at the end of this season so next season will show us "Webber or not we''re on the right track"[/quote]No sure "doubter'' is quite the right word, based on what was said only seven weeks ago:Well from where I sit he hasn''t actually covered himself in glory and no matter what happens at board level he really has to go.He

picks the team, he decides the substitutions, he chooses the formation,

he sorts out the tactics and he fails on every single count....but they do say there is joy in Heaven for every repenter...[:)]