Sign in to follow this  
Kidderminster Exile

They are dreading it

Looking at TWTD the locals seem to be dreading next Sunday, here is just a sample

" Every time we play the Budgies we are in dreadful form and they are in much better form

Lately it’s often been because they’ve finished much higher but look at this season. We are above them yet didn’t play them at start of the season when we were top two and they were bottom three. Fixture arrived when we started to struggle and they hit form.

Now we face them again when goals have dried up and they’ve found form again. Pure bad luck on our part but I swear that the last 10 meetings have arrived at the perfect time for them and worse time for us.

All this time we’ve been ahead of them and they’ll go above us at Carrot Road. Typical.

It’s a real thing on 18:07 - Feb 10 with 52 views pointofblue

Didn''t they go above us after beating us too? Then they lost form and we regained ground.

We had an eight point lead over them a few weeks ago.

Poll: How many points would you be happy with from the next two home matches? "

Next week is season defining for both teams.

If we win, we keep our (slim) play off hopes alive and end Ipswichs season

If we lose, Ipswich keep their (slim) play off hopes alive and end our season

If we draw, we both fall away from play off contention.

Winner takes all!

[quote user="Rogue Baboon"]Next week is season defining for both teams.

If we win, we keep our (slim) play off hopes alive and end Ipswichs season

If we lose, Ipswich keep their (slim) play off hopes alive and end our season

If we draw, we both fall away from play off contention.

Winner takes all![/quote]end ?did it really start ?cobbling together a ragbag of casts offs and freebies is never going to achieve much

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]Haven''t beaten us for 9 yrs..

.law of averages suggests it has to happen sometime.

At least if it is this time it''ll be on an occasion when the result doesn''t really matter...[/quote]

But it doesn''t though does it? The so called law of averages has no bearing on this, it is an isolated game of skill, not a random game.

It really annoys me when people say things like this. Yes, they might get lucky against us, but that has nothing to do with a law of averages or because they are due one.

Just because its a figure of speech doesn''t mean that its alright to be wrong... And no, I wouldn''t prefer. I''d rather you said they could get lucky or they could play better than us (one of which could happen, the other is a lot less likely).

Yes, but are they due one? If they are crap, they are due bugger all!

When I was a teenager in the 80s we always seemed to lose to them (though we obviously won the big one in 84), so long may our current ascendancy continue! We''re on a decent run and appear to have possibly found some home form, so can certainly go into the game with some confidence - but of course it''s a derby day where anything can happen.

I saw us win at old Trafford a couple of seasons ago.....I think it was my 13th trip to man united.

I''d seen 1 draw and 11 defeats there prior to that but still had to go incase that day was the day we finally won there despite all logic suggesting we wouldnt or shouldn''t.

I can now say that I''ve seen us win at old Trafford.

''Every dog has its day''......there''s another phrase for you.

"it''s a derby day where anything can happen."anything can happen at every gameand current results against the binners would suggest ''anything can happen'' .............bar them winning

Did anybody notice the gate against Burton?

UNDER 14, 000.

The debts pile up ... extinction is coming.

They could win for once and I continue to consider that they have a better strike force so anything could happen as DF doesn''t do goals anymore.

like a chimp grasping the Theory of Relaivity this binners seems to have worked out how things are at poor man road"The club is in a disgraceful state,the ground is a mess,the pitch is

a bog,it`s relationship with it`s fan base has been decimated,the

football is awful,the catering is awful,the ball boys are useless,but

you know the one thing for me that stands out and I have seen it at many

clubs in decline over the years is permanently covering the empty seats

with banners. It`s sort of an admission that there is no hope."
Unfortunately not all are as bright, as the same thread has one poor confused farm hand claiming that Evans still ''puts in £6m a year'' - he doesn''tWhile another dimwit makes this startling claim"Our financial situation was a lot worse before ME took this club." err the debt trebled, the gates halved might suggest otherwiseHowever others are slowly waking up"I also have a problem with the state of the stadium. I mean there''s

fecking tree growing out of the roof - ME must have noticed. That

hints at a lack of interest."

[quote user="BroadstairsR"]Did anybody notice the gate against Burton?

UNDER 14, 000.

The debts pile up ... extinction is coming.

They could win for once and I continue to consider that they have a better strike force so anything could happen as DF doesn''t do goals anymore.[/quote]

To be fair, I think if any team had spent about a million years stuck in mid-table of the same division, the attendance would drop drastically!

I''m liking TWTD at the moment.

They are full of comments about us:

"Times are just as tough for NCFC too, if not worse"

What? No £80m debt and no gates in the 13,000 or so.

How can you get worse than that?

What they are really dreading is that feeling of claustrophobia by being penned in by a large crowd - something they haven''t witnessed since we played at Poorman Road earlier in the season!

Once again this is their cup final. To us it''s been a disappointing season in terms of league position. To them avoiding the drop is quite an achievement. I honestly think if they do win they will have another star and an open top bus parade . In truth , apart from the "bragging rights" this is the most meaningless Derby for years. Usually one of us (us) has something on it.

Every single ITFC player would rather sign for us.

[quote user="Graham Paddons Beard"]Once again this is their cup final. To us it''s been a disappointing season in terms of league position. To them avoiding the drop is quite an achievement. I honestly think if they do win they will have another star and an open top bus parade . In truth , apart from the "bragging rights" this is the most meaningless Derby for years. Usually one of us (us) has something on it.

Every single ITFC player would rather sign for us.[/quote]err, we have3 points will keep us on target for the two point average per game for the play offs

I believe the club may be putting straw don in the away section so as to make them feel more at home - it might also serve to calm down many of them, as they may well be a bit distressed by not having dozens of empty seats around each of them.There was also talk of wafting around some farmyard smells to help, until it was pointed out that they usually have that ''aroma'' following them so it would not be needed.

There are a few decent realists on their forum who realise even a win against us next week...the first for 9 years...would only lift the now perennial fog of gloom above Poorman Road for maybe 24 hours..such is the long, slow , creep of tiring boredom and downwardness that pervades the entire club. 5 years of Mick McCarthy dont help either, while the guy i guess has done well enough on the meagre rations given to him, his 5 yrs  are a mirror of Town''s 16 yrs in the Champs...safe, solid, stable, solidified and..stale and stagnant. The worst kind of stagnation to, a season by season never ending, very slow stagnation, no wonder  so many of their fans are up for any kind of change.Some on here bemoan Delia and hubby, but in all honesty, try Marcus Evans approach down the road and wont take long to come running back here. Bet  most of the Town fans look at the huge overhaul and change we''ve had here this past 9 months and just think...why cant they have such a change?..or any change?...just try something different..but no..guess thats why only 13k folks in Suffolk dont yet watch paint dry to get more excitement on a Saturday afternoon.

Massive debt ... £80m and rising?

Crowds of 13 odd thousand and falling.

Council owns the ground on which the stands sit on. The stands are covered in foliage.

Evans owns the training ground.

Playing staff of freebies and cheapies worth next to nothing.

Won''t be long now fellow canaries, especially if we beat them on Sunday.

[quote user="FenwayFrank"]Can we give them a nice round of applause again ? 😀[/quote]I expect that to happenPerhaps they could join in and wave some money around.............................or perhaps some IOUs

If their gates continue to plummet maybe it''s time for them to downsize.Move in with Colchester perhaps ?They could close poorman road and save a good deal of money. There would be the added attraction of playing to a full house, for the first few seasons anyway.Maybe have poorman road as some sort of a museum, which it pretty much is now.

[quote user="CANARYKING"]How about applause on 13 minutes[/quote]
Why 13? It''s the 16th minute this year to celebrate their 16th consecutive year in the purgatory of the Championship.