Sign in to follow this  
TIL 1010

Yellows Closed.

Thanks DDD, have been once to b''nou - very enjoyable evening.

Agreed re spending for a one off etc, Norwich has lots of great places to eat now, at all price points. Haven''t been to either yet, but heard good things about Haggle (middle eastern near Benedicts) and Farmyard (a little further up St Benedicts).

Feeling hungry now...

Few good pubs to eat at too, that offer a little more than traditional pub grub. Recently been to the Unthank Arms and was very impressed.

As one of the "older" generation, I really like Delia''s, always a good meal, and good value (particularly if you use your season ticket to get 10% off the food), my local pub costs the same food drink wise, but you can never guarantee consistency of the quality of the meal, unlike Delia''s where we have never had a bad meal. We are "foodies" and have tried lots of places around Norfolk (and bits of Suffolk) but for the price nothing comes close to Delias.........

Ingham swan is miles out of my way but i still go because it was such good food run and owned by a award winning chef it burnt down last year so we go to the wilderbeast which is owned by the same chef he also owns the warwick street social

we know if we go to any of these places we will get award winning food and treated well cost is nothing if you enjoy the food why go cheap if it is rubbish

people travel if good enough

Ingham Swan ! i had my first underage pint there in 1970s. Over the years it morphed into quite a destination. Far cry from its serving Watneys Bitter or Mild to local farmworkers.

Location should not have been a problem as Zak''s at Mousehold has a similar menu, waked through Riverside today and apart from Weatherspoon''s all the restaurants were empty.

Why pay Delia''s prices, if you want atmosphere go to McDonalds in the city there you get a bunch of homeless shouting and swearing at each other and listen to the the Puppet Man all for a couple of quid

[quote user="TIL 1010"]http://www.deliascanarycatering.co.uk/deliasClick on any of the links and they all open except the one to book a table.[/quote]
Tilly - going back to your original opening post and this one, think you''ve been given some duff information as a friend was telling me earlier that they''ve booked a table at Delias for late April and that link now works to book tables for months ahead. 

Late April is two months away Diane and the link does not open to book a table. Every other link for canary catering does open with regard to hospitality,conferences ,Yellows on a match day only etc.

‘Delia''s Restaurant and Bar is open every Friday and Saturday evening offering first class service in a very elegant setting.‘

My guess it was open 7 days a week previously?

You can book tables here:https://tickets.canaries.co.uk/delia/PagesPublic/UserControlled/UserDefined.aspx?page=deliasNot sure why the "main" site doesn''t allow booking.If it is closing then I''m surprised that they are still taking bookings and selling gift vouchers etc.  Not suggesting you''re making stuff up Tilly, but maybe your information is a little off.  Maybe it isn''t closing as such, just having a rebrand or something?@Rouge Baboon - Delia''s has only ever been open on Friday and Saturdays.

The restaurant has been closed as the staff who usually work in it were relocated elsewhere within the catering setup.Yes maybe it is reopening but it was certainly shut for January.

Tilly, did it maybe close for a few weeks after Xmas/ New Year for refurbishment? Its definately open as normal now on Fri/Sat & is now is bookable for the rest of the year on the link you provided.