Sign in to follow this  
Sooty57

Why am I so confident about this Sunday?

Like us, Ipswich seem to do better away than at home. They managed to beat Derby, while we only drew. They recently limited Wolves to 1-0. We are on equal points, but they have a slightly better goal difference.

So why is it that for the first time ever I am absolutely convinced that there is no way we won''t win on Sunday? My biggest worry is that if it gets to a point where Ipswich feel the game is lost one of their guys decides to do a number on Maddison.

We are just so well organised.

Farke is really starting to get it together now. Players are getting to know each other & how to play in the system he wants. You can see it getting better week by week.

Odd matches may go awry (injuries, 2 or 3 key players have an off day) but the direction of travel is right.

Organisation. Discipline. it''s a German thang ...

There is a saying that pride comes before a fall - a couple of weeks ago people seemed utterly convinced the binmen were going to beat us, now it seems the opposite. I hope the players don''t fall into the complacency that seems to be permeating through here!

[quote user="Branston Pickle"]There is a saying that pride comes before a fall [/quote]Exactly... that''s what worries me! Normally I have at least a bit of nagging doubt.

[quote user="Sooty57"][quote user="Branston Pickle"]There is a saying that pride comes before a fall [/quote]Exactly... that''s what worries me! Normally I have at least a bit of nagging doubt.

[/quote]

Don’t worry I very much still have the nagging doubt 😭

I’m never confident the week before a derby. There is always that nagging doubt in the back of my head telling me it’s all going to go wrong - yet another part of me thugs we are going to smash them and finally find our goalscoring touch?

Actually tempted to put a bet on an Oliveira hat trick!

Behave, I''d be delighted with an Oliveira tap-in the way things are going for him!

DF has managed to get the boys up for the big games against Arsenal and Chelsea, and those were great performances. I’m sure he will be able to get them up for this one too, with a similar performance-but a win this time!

If I were Mick McCarthy, one of my tactics would be to get at Maddison very early on, by fair means or foul (literally). Sheff U did it very effectively and kicked him out of the game, so much so that the ref had to stop the game to speak to their captain because different players were doing the fouling to avoid getting booked for persistent fouls.

I agree that our overall organisation is very good at the moment and despite the lack of goals, we are creating a lot more chances that we have recently.

Who is the Ref for Sunday, btw?

And if I were Danial Farke, I would be having a word in the ref''s shell like, to watch out for this potential rough house treatment of Madders. It works both ways, and well, in Rugby Union, with Coaches and Refs.

Any good Ref worth their salt (how many of those exist, in the Championship?) will listen, and take note, but play it fairly, and equally as importantly, to the Laws, and consistently.

the binners will be swept aside as we continue our good formit''s Wolves a few days later that is our main concernstick out a few of our newbies to see off the binners, then try for a win at Wolves

[quote user="Faded Jaded Semi Plastic SOB"]My only concern is that our pressing game is not going to work against a team that basically lumps the ball forward, I hope DF has been keeping an eye on how Ippo play and adapts our tactics accordingly......[/quote]I think we play to what is required rather than adhering to vacuous cliches

[quote user="RUDOLPH FARKE"]1p5wich will be so obsessed with Maddison that they pay too little attention to another threat.

Leitner will strike twice.[/quote]you should remember the old adageLeitner never strikes twice in the same place

[quote user="Hercules"]you should remember the old adageLeitner never strikes twice in the same place[/quote]Don''t give up the day job Hercules ;-)

I however am increasingly anxious for no logical reasoning whatsoever.

Oddly It seems to be inversely proportionate to my growing optimism for next season

Don''t panic guys, Fifa says it will be a traditionally frenetic encounter, with Tettey and Murphy twice giving us the lead before a late Srbeny goal finishes things.Don''t think much of the subs, though. Vrancic on when we''re chasing the game? Typical Norwich.