Sign in to follow this  
KiwiScot

Premier League Relegation

None of the clubs who look like they might come down are in anywhere near the state Sunderland or Hull were when they came down.

Going to be a tough division next season.

It is often the case that there is/are club(s) that have been in an around the drop for years and when they finally one down it is not unexpected - nor is their struggle afterwards.Whilst there up to a dozen who could theoretically drop I think it will start to clarify by another month, so it is hard to have any degree of certaintyWhat is certain is that clubs who were held up as having ''consolidated'' in the PL are not so ''consolidated'' now ir WBA, Swansea, Stoke and Southampton. The latter who have received huge sums in transfer fees yet find themselves struggling.The question is either who will come down, or who you WANT to come down ?

No such thing as consolidated in the premier league, it''s a myth. all clubs outside the top 8 are one awful season away from being in the championship. These clubs dont have huge funds in the bank they spend it all on wages and transfer fees to try and head off the fear of relegation.

If I''m choosing who I want to come down I''d say Brighton (still hold a grudge v Hughton), Newcastle (don''t like Rafa) and then I don''t mind.

WBA look nailed. Massive game tonight, wouldn’t put it past them putting the final nail in for conte... still think they are doomed tho.

Other 2 I’d go Huddersfield and brighton.

Massive wins for Huddersfield and Newcastle at the weekend. If the Baggies lose tonight (I think they will), then they''re 3 wins from safety and they''ve only had 3 all season. Then, Southampton look very dodgy, Stoke and Huddersfield''s GDs are almost worthy of being another point behind.

I''ll stick my neck out and say West Brom, Huddersfield and Brighton.

Difficult to call with just 6 points covering 10th-19th.

West Brom, if they fail to win tonight, will be over 2 wins away from safety with only 3 wins on the cards all season. They do look doomed. With that said, if they can get Sturridge firing they may have a lifeline, but a lot of work to do.

Beyond that, it really is tough to call.

Huddersfield have only scored 23 goals whilst shipping 47 so far and on that basis (given recent form as well minus their last result) looks pretty likely to go down.

Stoke have conceded a mammoth 53 goals this season, but do have a decent squad. Anyone who defends that badly across a season deserves to go down.

In truth, at present, any one of; Brighton, Swansea, Southampton or Newcastle all of who are struggling to score and cannot defend either could still go down. I think Palace, West Ham and Watford will do enough to survive though.

But yes, on that basis, if teams like Southampton, Stoke or West Brom come down with money to spend and a team that largely stays together, they could dominate the league next year making promotion very tough for anyone else. But on the plus side, we''ll potentially get to see Pritchard, Murphy and potentially Redmond again very soon!

Couldn''t call it to save my life. First, it seemed Bournmouth''s time was up. Now look where they are. Swansea looked no hopers, now they"ve improved. Whoever is in the bottom 3 at the time are my choice to go down. My predictions change on a weekly basis. WBA seem to be the only constant. Not expecting things to get any better for them against Chelsea. Maybe i will be wrong again.

Southampton nailed on to go down, their manager has looked incapable all season and unlikely to see out a relegation scrap. West Brom also looking serious contenders. Huddersfield for final spot but I would love it just love it if Rafa takes the Magpies down.

I thought Swansea were buried weeks ago but have had a resurgence under the new guy; however I still reckon they’re crap and that this is a dead cat bounce. West Brom are the ones looking hopeless at the minute but if I could CHOOSE I’d go Southampton, Bournemouth and Huddersfield just to see who we wanted to be then. Watford probably. Or Burnley.

Hard to call, and only serves to highlight the misery of being in the Premiership.

A look at various message-boards seems to show that not many fans are enjoying supporting their teams any more, and the stress of watching your team scrap for survival is unpleasant.

Can I suggest an alternative? No, but that doesn''t make the current set-up right.

West Brom need a miracle, 7 points behind with 11 games to play. Looks like Jeremy Peace found the perfect time to sell up.At the moment I''d say Stoke and Huddersfield to join them, but it''s so fluid at the bottom.

It could still be anyone from Bournemouth down, but West Brom, and then ideally Stoke and Palace would be my hope.

I think it will be 3 teams that have had a relatively long stint in the PL who have flirted with relegation before and without never really building on their status, either by appointing negative managers, selling their best players, playing mostly negative football or by a combination of all three.So this is the year that WBA, Stoke and Southampton get their comeuppance for being boring and have to take their medicine.I for one would be delighted if that was the case.

I''ve reconsidered and put Stoke in my list somewhere. WBA, Stoke and Brighton. Stoke''s fixture list is low on games against other relegation teams and high on top team games.

[quote user="Duncan Edwards"]I thought Swansea were buried weeks ago but have had a resurgence under the new guy; however I still reckon they’re crap and that this is a dead cat bounce. West Brom are the ones looking hopeless at the minute but if I could CHOOSE I’d go Southampton, Bournemouth and Huddersfield just to see who we wanted to be then. Watford probably. Or Burnley.[/quote]

Ha ha, good one, we’ll never be run as well as Watford!

I wonder how much they''ve actually spent on Managerial sacking payments!

West Brom look dead and buried; Stoke are dull as hell and have a tough run-in; and any one of the others... If the new manager doesn''t work out I''d say maybe Watford, despite them currently looking better than a lot of others. I think all the promote teams have enough about them to stay up this time around.

The next four or five games will really make a difference as they seem to be playing each other. A couple of them have got a final four games similar to the ones we had a couple of years ago.